IGNORED

Harry Maguire

51 minutes ago, RPG said:

Agreed. I think Wolves could be in trouble this season and Luton and Sheff Utd have to be amongst the favourites to go down.

I said last week that I think this could be the first season where the bottom three places are absolutely nailed by October/November.

I think us, Wolves and Luton may well be cut adrift as early as that. Us and Wolves have worse squads than last season was left with (in our case, an already shit squad) and Luton are just, well, Luton.

Sheffield United may be in the mix but I think they'll have enough. They'll grit their way to a 15th/16th finish pretty similar to Burnley.

1 hour ago, SpartyBlue said:

I don’t think we do/will have a worse squad than last year. So often we just think in terms of additions. Players like Garner, Onana, McNeil, Patterson are very likely going to be better and that boosts the squad. It’s also likely we get more out of DCL. We have more stability in management. 

Our problem is depth. It's fine and well if these players get better, but we're a couple of injuries away from having an extremely weak starting 11. DCL's injury spells have shown that over the last couple of seasons. Add in the fatigue that comes with the PL, and then we're really testing our luck. If we fail to increase numbers (and any new numbers fail to adapt) we're absolutely in the same position (or worse) as we were last year. 

9 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Our problem is depth. It's fine and well if these players get better, but we're a couple of injuries away from having an extremely weak starting 11. DCL's injury spells have shown that over the last couple of seasons. Add in the fatigue that comes with the PL, and then we're really testing our luck. If we fail to increase numbers (and any new numbers fail to adapt) we're absolutely in the same position (or worse) as we were last year. 

Relative to last year, though, it's nearly impossible to get any less production out of DCL and the striker position in general. Am I banking on a full season from DCL? Of course not. But I don't think he gets less than 17 matches this year, and when he misses time I have a hell of a lot more faith in Danjouma than I ever had in Gray or Maupay to fill the role.

We have depth issues elsewhere to be sure, but if we can get our attack to be mediocre instead of the worst in the league we should be safe.

2 hours ago, SpartyBlue said:

I don’t think we do/will have a worse squad than last year. So often we just think in terms of additions. Players like Garner, Onana, McNeil, Patterson are very likely going to be better and that boosts the squad. It’s also likely we get more out of DCL. We have more stability in management. 

Been saying this constantly. We have a young team, and each year that team will get a little stronger. Granted, it’s not guaranteed, but looking at some of our lads you can see the potential.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Wolves still have a decent amount of quality in their side, it will just go down to how they hire as a manager.

Watched them at home four times last year as we get corporate days from Travis Perkins, and they are terrible. Very poor team. I can see them struggling this year, unless they have brought a few decent players.

Just now, MikeO said:

Ten Hag "very happy" Maguire staying at United....and then drops him from the squad to accommodate two keepers on the bench. 

If that doesn't spell fuck off Harry I don’t know what does. 

He seems a bit of dick, Ten Hag. Told Maguire if he wants to play then he needs to fight for a place, so Maguire then rejects a move to West Ham to do just that and then he drops him from the squad.

I think Maguire is absolutely shite but what a shitty move that is.