IGNORED

Vs Manchester United 26th November

Matt

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

The officials chosen for this game...

Ref - John Brooks

Fourth Official - Andy Madley

VAR - Chris Cavanagh

The Holy Trinity. You'd almost think the PL don't want us to get anything from this game. I can't think why that would be though.

Wouldn't you think it would be the opposite? If there's any VAR shenanigans, it's only going to shine the spotlight even more on the PL douchebags

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Wouldn't you think it would be the opposite? If there's any VAR shenanigans, it's only going to shine the spotlight even more on the PL douchebags

No. We've probably been given the three worst officials in the league, ask yourself why.

VAR shenanigans won't shine any more of a spotlight on them because it's shite anyway. And who needs VAR to step in when you've got Brooks on the pitch?

• Everton have won just one of their past eight Premier League meetings with Manchester United (D4 L3) - a 1-0 home victory in April 2022.

• The Blues have lost 39 times to United in the Premier League (W10 D13) and could become the first side to lose 40 games against one opponent in the competition’s history.

• United's 13 goals so far in the top flight this season is the fewest of any side in the top 12, with Marcus Rashford (one goal from 3.9 xG) and Rasmus Hojlund (no goals from 2.5 xG) the two players underperforming the most against their expected goals totals.

• After losing their opening two away league matches this season, Manchester United have won the past three - their longest such run in the competition since a 10-game streak under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer between June and December 2020.

56 minutes ago, barryj said:

Are you surprised? Only have to see the reporting to see how much Sky and the Premier League are almost the same thing. 

Key difference though is if the league gets into trouble, their brand suffers as well so they'll be quite neutral this time. 

United seem to have a fair few first team players injured for this game, add to that the mood of the supporters and players to show a big response to our points deduction I think we are going to completely smash them and send a message to the PL that we won’t be beaten by underhanded bullshit. 

First game I've looked forward to in ages, really got this feeling we're going to fucking murder them. They're absolutely shite away from home and have a squad with paper thin mentalities, if Goodison is a bear pit it'll be another 4-0 job.

Mad how this points deduction has brought everyone together, it'll feel like the relegation games with Lampard but without the relegation bit, or Lampard.

2 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

First game I've looked forward to in ages, really got this feeling we're going to fucking murder them. They're absolutely shite away from home and have a squad with paper thin mentalities, if Goodison is a bear pit it'll be another 4-0 job.

Mad how this points deduction has brought everyone together, it'll feel like the relegation games with Lampard but without the relegation bit, or Lampard.

That's how I've felt but it'd be very Everton to fuck it up and bring more doubt and anxiety into the frame. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

That's how I've felt but it'd be very Everton to fuck it up and bring more doubt and anxiety into the frame. 

You mean the old Everton! The new Everton are made of sterner stuff! The mental toughness will be tested and the referee will undoubtedly favour United - but I think the crowd will give us the extra 10% and we get the win.

24 minutes ago, Formby said:

You mean the old Everton! The new Everton are made of sterner stuff! The mental toughness will be tested and the referee will undoubtedly favour United - but I think the crowd will give us the extra 10% and we get the win.

I honestly think we had the perfect manager to save last season and I think he's still the best candidate for the club in the state that it's in currently. But it's still Everton, the weekend vampires. 

I wish I could fly overnight to see this game in person. The volume in the stadium will be deafening, the intensity of players and the fans will be immense, and, even with refs working against us, Everton will be unstoppable. I've no doubt it will be a game that those present will never forget. Can't wait to read the reports of those in attendance.

As fans, we've really got to get away from the negative attitude of 'Everton, that' etc when things go wrong or say things are going to go wrong because it's what we do.

I include myself in that as well because I'm guilty of it at times.

I know it's a defence mechanism and we're just trying to make light of misery but we need to stop it.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

As fans, we've really got to get away from the negative attitude of 'Everton, that' etc when things go wrong or say things are going to go wrong because it's what we do.

I know it's a defence mechanism and we're just trying to make light of misery but we need to stop it.

We really do. 

Any idea where and when the protests start? 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Couldn’t agree more, for me it’s in someways a defeatist mindset that we’ve created for ourselves, we need to accept we are where we are because of bad decisions and choices. That’s why I try not to get too involved in the it’s because we are Everton that things don’t go how we would like, or we got punished severely just because it’s us, we did get punished severely of that there is no doubt most of football agree with that but it’s not because we are Everton it’s a combination events and the clubs hierarchy were in control of the finances which they fucked up and ultimately led us to where we are now. We can all agree that the punishment did not reflect the crime of breaking FFP rules and the club are going to appeal that decision, that could take weeks if not months before the appeal is heard and we may not win, so until that day are we just going to bemoan our bad luck and come out with the same old same it’s happening to us because of who we are, or are we going to live with what’s happened and concentrate on the fight and believe that we can get out the of relegation position we are in without the outcome of the appeal coming to our aid, that’s why I have been saying I’d rather take the points fight our way out of relegation and shove it back in their faces and hopefully change the mentality in our it’s always us way of thinking. Ive learned in business and life not to dwell on what you’ve lost and cry about how unfair or unlucky you’ve been, but to place all your energy into the next venture or day to improve your position whether in life or business.