IGNORED

Vs Manchester United 26th November

Matt

43 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Couldn’t agree more, for me it’s in someways a defeatist mindset that we’ve created for ourselves, we need to accept we are where we are because of bad decisions and choices. That’s why I try not to get too involved in the it’s because we are Everton that things don’t go how we would like, or we got punished severely just because it’s us, we did get punished severely of that there is no doubt most of football agree with that but it’s not because we are Everton it’s a combination events and the clubs hierarchy were in control of the finances which they fucked up and ultimately led us to where we are now. We can all agree that the punishment did not reflect the crime of breaking FFP rules and the club are going to appeal that decision, that could take weeks if not months before the appeal is heard and we may not win, so until that day are we just going to bemoan our bad luck and come out with the same old same it’s happening to us because of who we are, or are we going to live with what’s happened and concentrate on the fight and believe that we can get out the of relegation position we are in without the outcome of the appeal coming to our aid, that’s why I have been saying I’d rather take the points fight our way out of relegation and shove it back in their faces and hopefully change the mentality in our it’s always us way of thinking. Ive learned in business and life not to dwell on what you’ve lost and cry about how unfair or unlucky you’ve been, but to place all your energy into the next venture or day to improve your position whether in life or business.  

You haven't really taken what I said in the way I meant it.

What I meant is that 'Everton' isn't about things going wrong or that we've had things go our way for a bit so we're due something going wrong.

We're a massive football club that has been hugely successful, we've got one of the best fanbases around that are as passionate as you'll find. So when we say 'Everton, that' this is what it should be about. It's time to change that story because our story isn't one of failure and disappointment. 

34 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You haven't really taken what I said in the way I meant it.

What I meant is that 'Everton' isn't about things going wrong or that we've had things go our way for a bit so we're due something going wrong.

We're a massive football club that has been hugely successful, we've got one of the best fanbases around that are as passionate as you'll find. So when we say 'Everton, that' this is what it should be about. It's time to change that story because our story isn't one of failure and disappointment. 

I have and again agree with you we are a massive club with history of success and imo the best fans in world, yet we have this tendency to dwell on the negative and in my case so much so that it drains my own positivity and energy. In my head I’ve already put the 10 points behind me, yes we have an appeal in process and if successful great but I’m not banking on that or thinking about it I’m trying to be more focused on what we can have a say in and not what we don’t have a say in. So in my head you change the story not by focusing most of your attention on the negative things around the club, as fans we are the true owners of the club and it’s up to us to write the story we want for our club. 

41 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Tomorrow is the start of our rise above the unjust number of points deduction, we need to accept that it may not change and not rely on any reduction, if they are reduced it must be seen as a bonus, we must not at any point think a reduction will be the way out.

That’s the positivity I’m talking about not the constant how hard done by we are. 

31 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Onana injured still 🙁

Gana is more than capable of filling his position  as long as he holds and doesn’t get caught up field, Utd are still capable at breaking with speed so defensively Gana needs to be switched on to that happening and not getting caught out of position. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Gana is more than capable of filling his position  as long as he holds and doesn’t get caught up field, Utd are still capable at breaking with speed so defensively Gana needs to be switched on to that happening and not getting caught out of position. 

I agree, but have loved Onana recently. I think he has stepped up a level. Prefer to have the option of both though.