IGNORED

West Ham (Home) 2nd March

Romey 1878

8 hours ago, Btay said:

I'm really hoping we see a good display here. I feel like a bit of pressure has been released & hopefully the players can reflect that. We all know Goodison is going to be absolutely bouncing.

I think your right - fans as well as players will be glad this appeal is now off our backs - we have to see it as a positive result and go in to the Saturdays game with spring is everybodies set, Goodison bouncing and players reacting to that. 

Lets see that 4 points back being reinforced with another three points on Saturday. Then is would feel like a truly good week.

26 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I think your right - fans as well as players will be glad this appeal is now off our backs - we have to see it as a positive result and go in to the Saturdays game with spring is everybodies set, Goodison bouncing and players reacting to that. 

Lets see that 4 points back being reinforced with another three points on Saturday. Then is would feel like a truly good week.

This is probably the first time I'll use 6 pointer. If we win, and results go our way, we're 13th and 8 points clear. That's hugely motivational if there was any need other than the badge. 

5 hours ago, patto said:

Every home game needs to be a must win now. 
I’ve never known our home record to be this bad. 

Dyche struggles when we are expected to have the ball. The team don't feel comfortable playing that type of footy at home cos it kills the atmosphere. 

its pretty much that simple. Evertonians can't go to goodison and watch us concede possession and go long. 

Just looked at the table...automatically went to the bottom! Felt strange scrolling up to see us.

Then realising how good that felt. It will likely feel good for the players. And for the fans in the stadium.

More, another 3 points will make it all feel very different as we can realistically look ahead instead of behind.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Dyche struggles when we are expected to have the ball. The team don't feel comfortable playing that type of footy at home cos it kills the atmosphere. 

its pretty much that simple. Evertonians can't go to goodison and watch us concede possession and go long. 

I agree to an extent. I just hope now that we have some breathing space we look for more progressive football than survival football. Given the job Dyche has done & the circumstances, I feel he deserves next year at the very least to try & build that.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I've seen a lot of very exciting and clever football under Dyche, much more than his supposed hoofball style. Sometimes the squad isn't big enough or varied enough to do anything but long ball. 

I know what you mean, but my feeling is that it's only hoofball when needs must.

Watching Southampton the other night playing Liverpool they played proper possession football and it was better than anything we have done this season it must have something to do with manager. 

31 minutes ago, patto said:

Watching Southampton the other night playing Liverpool they played proper possession football and it was better than anything we have done this season it must have something to do with manager. 

Classic TT, let's discuss Southampton in the West Ham match-day thread for no obvious reason😂

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Roofers from over the road knocked on my door today. Asked me if the white car was mine. I said 'no, it's my step sons'.

Did they mention anything about the long ball game. 

• After their win at the London Stadium in October, Everton are looking to complete their first Premier League double over West Ham since the 2014-15 season under Roberto Martinez.

• Despite losing this fixture last season, West Ham have won two of their past three league visits to Goodison Park. This is as many wins as they managed in their previous 13 away league games at Everton beforehand.

• Everton are winless in their last nine Premier League games (D5 L4), having won four in a row before this. Only once have they had a longer run without a win in the competition, going 12 games from the start of the 1994-95 campaign.

• West Ham’s win over Brentford on Monday ended a six-game winless run in the Premier League for the Hammers. They also scored more goals in that victory than they had in their winless run of six combined.

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin has scored more goals for Everton against West Ham in all competitions than he has against any other opponent. His last goal for the Toffees was the winner in the reverse fixture against the Hammers back in October.

• Jarrod Bowen is West Ham’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with 14 goals, netting his first career hat-trick against Brentford. Only two players have scored more in a single campaign for the Hammers – Paolo Di Canio (16 in 1999-00) and John Hartson (15 in 1997-98).

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:
  • After their win at the London Stadium in October, Everton are looking to complete their first Premier League double over West Ham since the 2014-15 season under Roberto Martinez.

• Despite losing this fixture last season, West Ham have won two of their past three league visits to Goodison Park. This is as many wins as they managed in their previous 13 away league games at Everton beforehand.

• Everton are winless in their last nine Premier League games (D5 L4), having won four in a row before this. Only once have they had a longer run without a win in the competition, going 12 games from the start of the 1994-95 campaign.

• West Ham’s win over Brentford on Monday ended a six-game winless run in the Premier League for the Hammers. They also scored more goals in that victory than they had in their winless run of six combined.

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin has scored more goals for Everton against West Ham in all competitions than he has against any other opponent. His last goal for the Toffees was the winner in the reverse fixture against the Hammers back in October.

• Jarrod Bowen is West Ham’s top scorer in the Premier League this season with 14 goals, netting his first career hat-trick against Brentford. Only two players have scored more in a single campaign for the Hammers – Paolo Di Canio (16 in 1999-00) and John Hartson (15 in 1997-98).

Keep it on topic you :shakingfist:

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

Classic TT, let's discuss Southampton in the West Ham match-day thread for no obvious reason😂

The point is about Everton hardly ever playing football through our midfield. 
Pickford is instructed to go long to DCL who is struggling with this type of football. 

I don't think it's too surprising that Beto gets the nod. DCL is on a horrid run and has been as guilty as anyone of missing chances.

Let Beto batter the defence then bring DCL on when they're all bruised!

Other than that...not far off our strongest 11. Arguments can be made about Godfrey I guess.

To be honest, not arsed about the petty stuff. Like everyone...just want the win!!!

33 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Disappointed Coleman’s not at RB.  Maybe Dyche is planning to sub him on for Harrison.........  

Yes, I thought Coleman would be in the starting 11, but he might not be totally fit yet ... if any knows.