IGNORED

What Are You Watching?

Pat

5 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I finally sat down and calculated how many hours of viewing this massive MCU watch-through is, with all movies and tv series'.

It's over 400 hours. That's almost 17 days if you watched straight through.

What the actual fuck am I doing with my life.

Mcu what’s that?

give tinder swindler a go on Netflix…. Very shocking but gripping 

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Well worth it in my opinion. Brilliant storyline although some of the films are a bit meh. 

I’ll give it a go.  I watched luke cage with my sons….. well I started and frantically grabbed the remote when he met his mrs after being released from prison 

Just now, Hafnia said:

I’ll give it a go.  I watched luke cage with my sons….. well I started and frantically grabbed the remote when he met his mrs after being released from prison 

The TV shows don't really play that much of a part. Jessica Jones was unreal as was Daredevil and Punisher, though they dont affect the film storyline. I think Agents of Shield add some additional levels but you don't need to watch it. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

The TV shows don't really play that much of a part. Jessica Jones was unreal as was Daredevil and Punisher, though they dont affect the film storyline. I think Agents of Shield add some additional levels but you don't need to watch it. 

I didn't like Luke Cage or Jessica Jones at all. I thought they were two extremely boring series'.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

If your not tied up playing Wordle and have an hour and a half to spare take a look at "Rooney".  A full length documentary since he was about 8 years old, right through to his managerial year at Derby. A really good watch on Amazon prime.

There’s more to life than wordle I was going to watch it Sunday when the missus is at the theatre, she doesn’t like Rooney more to do with his looks and history of playing away from home 🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...

Would Will Smith have done that if his wife never had a public affair?  No chance.    

she completely emasculated him and smith probably for a split second thought “not only has she took the piss out of me, he is taking the piss out of me by insulting her in front of everyone”….. he dealt with a few issues with that slap. 

comedians will likely get together and condemn Will Smith cos they don’t like people stopping them having free license to insult people, why the fuck couldn’t it have been James Corden who said it and got slapped? 

Ive been wary of comedians being able to say what they want for some time now…. They hate this “I’m offended” stance, as it’s an obstacle to them saying what they want.  I have disliked Billy Connolly since his Ken Bigley “just get on with it” comment, when challenged on it he replied “oh fuck off”……. Yet he has turned his illness into some sort of attention seeking mission for the past 10 years. 

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

What would be the motivation for it to be staged?

He laughs at the joke and even gives his hands a small clap, then five seconds later he's incensed enough to do what he did? That's one hell of a mood swing....and, as I said (half jokingly), what man angry enough to assault another "just" gives him a slap? Red mist instinct is punch isn't it?

2 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Sadly, it feeds the image Americans have that all men are macho and must respond with violence to any affront.

Very sad indeed....but the fact is the man was laughing along with many others so he didn't seem to take offence.

Another question, why did they live feed cut the sound but not the video? It's almost like they knew there was some swearing to follow so sound had to be off but there was no more violence to follow so the pictures were fine. "It was on a delayed feed" I hear you counter (not you Steve), so then why not cut before the assault?

Motivation @dunlopp9987? Oscars have never had so much publicity in their history.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Very sad indeed....but the fact is the man was laughing along with many others so he didn't seem to take offence.

Another question, why did they live feed cut the sound but not the video? It's almost like they knew there was some swearing to follow so sound had to be off but there was no more violence to follow so the pictures were fine. "It was on a delayed feed" I hear you counter (not you Steve), so then why not cut before the assault?

Motivation @dunlopp9987? Oscars have never had so much publicity in their history.

Ultimately what I think happened is that Chris made a joke, Will laughed, Will looked over at Jada who was not happy with the joke, Will's toxic masculinity kicked in and he went off.

Obviously that's the most basic version of this, because there's so much more nuance there in regards to Will and Jada's relationship, the history between Will and Chris, mental health, etc. 

I do not think it was staged, but I also don't think the Oscars producers were like "NO CUT TO COMMERCIAL" either

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Ultimately what I think happened is that Chris made a joke, Will laughed, Will looked over at Jada who was not happy with the joke, Will's toxic masculinity kicked in and he went off.

Obviously that's the most basic version of this, because there's so much more nuance there in regards to Will and Jada's relationship, the history between Will and Chris, mental health, etc. 

I do not think it was staged, but I also don't think the Oscars producers were like "NO CUT TO COMMERCIAL" either

I would go along with this. 

It was massively bizarre. The smug strutting walk away was weird too. 

4 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Will looked over at Jada who was not happy with the joke, Will's toxic masculinity kicked in and he went off.

Still not having it, in those circumstances your wife looks pissed (after you found it funny) you talk her down, you don't go from finding it funny to incredible hulk in five seconds. Not remotely credible.

47 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I would go along with this. 

It was massively bizarre. The smug strutting walk away was weird too. 

Smug strutting, imo, confirmed rehearsal.

One day the truth will come out and all you guys will bow at my feet in grovelling apology (though I promise I won't punch anyone....OK maybe Palfy but nobody else:P).