IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

if we hadn't bid for him i'd understand but we bid so we have an interest. nothing wrong with that. had he waxed lyrical about him, yes that's wrong. but he didn't

You'd be furious if you were a Swansea fan ;)

anyway, the rolling eyes more to show a light-hearted comment rather than a criticism.

anyway, the rolling eyes more to show a light-hearted comment rather than a criticism.

no i wouldn't. you have these funny things that you take so seriously like your concept of integrity and everton being the "most fair" and needing to be that. he's not tapping him up. if he said we have no interest he's lying, if he says i can't answer the reporter says "but you bid so surely you're interested", which is exactly what he said. he didn't say anything that isn't public knowledge.

no i wouldn't. you have these funny things that you take so seriously like your concept of integrity and everton being the "most fair" and needing to be that. he's not tapping him up. if he said we have no interest he's lying, if he says i can't answer the reporter says "but you bid so surely you're interested", which is exactly what he said. he didn't say anything that isn't public knowledge.

:huh:

Seems he's forgotten that he doesn't talk about players at other clubs again :rolleyes:

He was baited into that answer. When first asked he said he won't comment on other teams players. 5-6 questions later the reporter said swansea had officially confirmed a bid from everton which drew his second response. RK went about it open and honest...once again.

His double standards piss me off.

All he had to say was sigurdson is a top player and a Swansea player.

There's really nothing in this if you watch the interview. Originally he declines to discuss Sig and then when a reporter mentions that Swansea have confirmed there was a bid he just kind of shrugs and says "yea, there is interest". This isn't new information to anyone and Swansea themselves are putting some of it out there so I don't see any harm in it. If it was a situation where the club we were dealing with hadn't spoken about it then it would be different.

tbf in 1999 £11m on a player was still a fair bit of wedge, obviously he was arguably the best the prem has seen though.

Coleman would be definitely considered one of the best bargains.

Dennis Bergkamp to Arsenal in 1995 for £7.5m is the best transfer in Premier League history imho.