IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

We needed someone to come on and keep hold of the ball. Niasse was not that someone. 

We had players on the pitch who could keep hold of the ball we just took them off to try and close the game down, something that Martinez and Silva were accused constantly of not doing, only it backfired dramatically. 

10 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Fuck off. The least this lad deserves after all he's been through is just a little bit of appretiation! For the limited time he's been on the pitch, he got us some pretty important points. For those keep bashing him he's not good enough, yeah tell me something I don't know. And how the fuck you judged his contribution for 5 fucking minutes yesterday in a moment when the whole team had a mental fart!? Sick of reading this kind of bullshit. Sorry for double post.

55 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Fuck off. The least this lad deserves after all he's been through is just a little bit of appretiation! For the limited time he's been on the pitch, he got us some pretty important points. For those keep bashing him he's not good enough, yeah tell me something I don't know. And how the fuck you judged his contribution for 5 fucking minutes yesterday in a moment when the whole team had a mental fart!? Sick of reading this kind of bullshit. Sorry for double post.

This is what I mean. I haven’t said anywhere he is good enough, he’s not.

But he doesn't deserve all the hate is getting. He isn’t the one picking himself. He didn’t sell Cenk either. And I doubt he injured Richarlison.

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

How to win friends and influence people ! 
Let me put it this way, loaned to Hull, option to buy not taken, Loaned to Cardiff, option to buy not taken, refuses to go to a championship team on loan this window, came on last night, had the opportunity to run at goal from centre circle, ball bounces 5 yards of him and we loose possession. Yeah he tries and does it with a smile, I would for the wages he gets, probably with same results as last night.

35 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This is what I mean. I haven’t said anywhere he is good enough, he’s not.

But he doesn't deserve all the hate is getting. He isn’t the one picking himself. He didn’t sell Cenk either. And I doubt he injured Richarlison.

No one who pulls our shirt on deserves to be hated because there below the calibre we expect, he didn’t sign himself or write his own contract and I’m sure when he’s had the opportunity he’s given his best why wouldn’t he. 

4 hours ago, Haiku said:

Well put.

However, I still believe he's good enough at this level based on his high energy, high pressing game and strength. Yes, he hasn't the finesse of a graceful footballer but then he has the necessary attributes to change a game like he done against Bournemouth.

Anyway, I'd expect Niasse to get more games for Everton. Couldn't care less what other forum members think. 

39 minutes ago, Aidan said:

He's not technically good enough for this level of football - I don't think that's open for debate really. 

Exactly what you’ve said. Great attitude and application unfortunately not up to the skill set we need. I think he’s done pretty well out of us and we got some crucial goals from here. Both need to move on one other.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's scored 12 goals in 4 years. 4 of them for Hull. And one for us with his arse.

It is very difficult to score goals when playing for clubs fighting relegation. However, he has manage to score against Man Utd and Liverpool while playing for Hull. The Cardiff manager was full of praise for him. 

His scoring stats on goals per minute was impressive when Koeman brought him back into the team. 

I've seen enough of Niasse to realise he has enough attributes to play in the premiership. Any cries of lacking in ability is based on personal opinion.

1 hour ago, Undisputed_blue said:

It is very difficult to score goals when playing for clubs fighting relegation. However, he has manage to score against Man Utd and Liverpool while playing for Hull. The Cardiff manager was full of praise for him. 

His scoring stats on goals per minute was impressive when Koeman brought him back into the team. 

I've seen enough of Niasse to realise he has enough attributes to play in the premiership. Any cries of lacking in ability is based on personal opinion.

It’s personal opinion after watching him show countless times that he lacks ability in an extreme way. You won’t even find his biggest “fans” saying he has ability, it’s all about his determination.

Against Newcastle he has a breakaway on with DCL supporting him, his next touch was a fucking tackle and he lost the ball. That’s a lack of a ability. Not to mention Newcastle then went down our end and scored their first. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Against Newcastle he has a breakaway on with DCL supporting him, his next touch was a fucking tackle and he lost the ball. That’s a lack of a ability. Not to mention Newcastle then went down our end and scored their first. 

I’ve already said that but some seem happy to ignore it

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It’s personal opinion after watching him show countless times that he lacks ability in an extreme way. You won’t even find his biggest “fans” saying he has ability, it’s all about his determination.

He hasn't played at this level for a while so of course his touch isn't going to be perfect. 

A lot of Niasse's critics have a Fifa playstation approach to how a player should play. In reality it takes time for a player to warm up and adapt to the playing climate. To judge him on limited playing minutes, to me, is shocking. I rather judge him once he has played at least 6 weeks worth of games. Anything less then you are judging a rusty player.

30 minutes ago, Undisputed_blue said:

He hasn't played at this level for a while so of course his touch isn't going to be perfect. 

A lot of Niasse's critics have a Fifa playstation approach to how a player should play. In reality it takes time for a player to warm up and adapt to the playing climate. To judge him on limited playing minutes, to me, is shocking. I rather judge him once he has played at least 6 weeks worth of games. Anything less then you are judging a rusty player.

Would you play him in the next six games?

35 minutes ago, Undisputed_blue said:

I’m judging him on everything that he’s ever shown. The Newcastle example just sums him up to a tee.

You can keep going with this until you’re red in the face if you like. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Would you play him in the next six games?

I'd not start him next 6 but his shitness mixed with hardwork making him so unpredictable can be useful. Think he'd have been fine starting v newcastle, but he was definitely the wrong sub to see out the game. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I’m judging him on everything that he’s ever shown. The Newcastle example just sums him up to a tee.

You can keep going with this until you’re red in the face if you like. 

No need to. The only opinion that matters is Carlo's. Big Duncan is also a fan of Niasse. He knows his game. You obviously don't.

5 minutes ago, Undisputed_blue said:

No need to. The only opinion that matters is Carlo's. Big Duncan is also a fan of Niasse. He knows his game. You obviously don't.

We’ll see when it comes to renewing his contract just how much Carlo wants him. Not to mention we’re actively trying to get him out of the club. You keep telling yourself he’s decent though. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

We’ll see when it comes to renewing his contract just how much Carlo wants him. Not to mention we’re actively trying to get him out of the club. You keep telling yourself he’s decent though. 

I suspect Niasse will play an active role until the end of season. What happens during the summer is anyone's guess.

Just now, Undisputed_blue said:

I suspect Niasse will play an active role until the end of season. What happens during the summer is anyone's guess.

I hope he does... at another club. If we can find a club the superstar deems suitable, of course. And we all know he’ll have his pick of clubs with all that talent. 

1 hour ago, Undisputed_blue said:

In the meantime I'll be expecting more Niasse game time.

Not trying to be funny, but as the only person who wants to see him play, what have you seen in him that is more useful than DCL, Richarlison or Kean for him to warranty playing instead of one of those lads?

And, to be funny, have you ever actually seen him play? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen every minute he’s played for the first team, I can promise you, he’s shite. 

Finally, Marcel Brands stood you at the AGM and said he’s trying to get rid of him. 

On 23/01/2020 at 23:07, StevO said:

Not trying to be funny, but as the only person who wants to see him play, what have you seen in him that is more useful than DCL, Richarlison or Kean for him to warranty playing instead of one of those lads?

And, to be funny, have you ever actually seen him play? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen every minute he’s played for the first team, I can promise you, he’s shite. 

Finally, Marcel Brands stood you at the AGM and said he’s trying to get rid of him. 

Probably because I feel Niasse has been unfairly treated during his contract with Everton. He has already proven he can score premiership goals. His record in the 2017/18 season was a goal every 135 minutes. This season, Richarlison average a goal every 228 minutes and DCL average a goal every 149 minutes.

Perhaps you judged him on appearance similar to judging a book by its cover rather than reading the book itself. If show pony tricks are the order of the day then why aren't there a queue of premiership clubs signing up freestylers on Youtube? The reality is scoring goals is the hardest skill in football. Bolasie had lots of fancy tricks - didn't last long at Everton, did he?