IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

It's his last chance to come home if you will and make his mark and to rid any animosity towards him

I'm all for it the exposure and commercial side of it will be worth its weight in gold not to mention the experience and mentality he can pass off

There's still a very good player in there and given the boost coming back I think we could get two good years out of him

Can't believe this, even with the main striker out injured, Martial and Rashford are being played before Rooney, there has to be a reason for that.

Another overage and over the hill player who won't take us to the next level.

This is certainly a big no no for me.

Can't believe this, even with the main striker out injured, Martial and Rashford are being played before Rooney, there has to be a reason for that.

Another overage and over the hill player who won't take us to the next level.

This is certainly a big no no for me.

Both decent fast and direct players Bill they offer more than Rooney in a forward three role whilst they play fairly defensive from midfield and back

He simply doesn't really fit in now, they won't drop Pogba for him after blowing money on him

Edited by EFC-Paul

We haven't got a single player who's got experience of winning major trophies. Rooney has got this in abundance and wants to play for us. 31 is no age - okay time has taken its toll but this is a challenge he wants - he'll be fit and ready.

The bottom line is that we need him for his winning mentality, leadership and general know how as much as we need his quality.

Rooney should not be judged solely on the past season - if anything, the reduced opportunities he's had will benefit us.

We haven't got a single player who's got experience of winning major trophies. Rooney has got this in abundance and wants to play for us. 31 is no age - okay time has taken its toll but this is a challenge he wants - he'll be fit and ready.

The bottom line is that we need him for his winning mentality, leadership and general know how as much as we need his quality.

Rooney should not be judged solely on the past season - if anything, the reduced opportunities he's had will benefit us.

Gareth Barry has got a EPL medal and FA cup winners medal ?

I want players that will make a difference on the pitch. I don't believe he will and that will negate all the other stuff you list for me.

I actually think he's got loads more to offer on the pitch too.

I can see that but I don't and, like I've said, I can well see this being a disaster. An expensive one at that.

I hope I'm wrong because I would genuinely love it if it went well, and I got to see a quality Wayne Rooney in an Everton shirt.

If lukaku is still here I expect him to get quite an education in movement off Rooney. Not by example but by verbal....

Rooney moves too much, itches to get in the game like Saha used to. Managers have to tell him to sit in the box more. You don't score if you're swanning around the half way line.

Rooney moves too much, itches to get in the game like Saha used to. Managers have to tell him to sit in the box more. You don't score if you're swanning around the half way line.

Rooney doesn't do that any more... you are referring to SAF in the final againdt Barca when United couldn't get the ball.

His movement and pressing in particular is an example of how to play up front.

We really think he's going to be a striker?

Not a chance, he's a number 10 or a mid.... was always going to end up there.

We could see it at sixteeen.

He's spent more of his career in those positions and there is a reason. I remember seeing him against us and he orchestrated everything, yet still people said he was shit!

I honestly think the average fan misses so much.

And obviously I know more!

Rooney last night became the first player ever to win:

Champions League

Europa League

League Cup

FA Cup

Club World Cup

Premier League

Charity Shield

The man is a winner, now with him being out the England squad he will want to prove he deserves to be in there. I for one am happy he's coming home.

Beckham was also a winner and he's no longer on the England team. Would you like him, too?

I can't believe we're even having this discussion.

We really think he's going to be a striker?

Not a chance, he's a number 10 or a mid.... was always going to end up there.

We could see it at sixteeen.

He's spent more of his career in those positions and there is a reason. I remember seeing him against us and he orchestrated everything, yet still people said he was shit!

I honestly think the average fan misses so much.

And obviously I know more!

He's one of the best 9's around, natural goal scorers shouldn't be wasted in midfield when goals are so important. Just needs to be told to stop dropping back.

Beckham was also a winner and he's no longer on the England team. Would you like him, too?

Steve... he's 31 not 42.

Rooney may have one or two seasons left in him.

He may have 70 minutes per game in him... he may play in a way that players were managed in allardyces Bolton side or a.c Milan....

He's needed a change of scenery for a while now.

I don't think he's looked after himself the way he should. But he retains a brilliant football brain and a brilliant touch, range of passing, authority... plus he knows what it is like to play amongst big names.

At 17 he was snarling and barking orders at players.... he has experience to boot now.

If he's not good enough he will find himself at another club... we won't be paying a transfer fee.

I'm pissed off that we are getting another player past his best... but the reality is that he's probably still an extrenely effective footballer.

The tuition the likes of lukaku, Davies, etc will get from him will be priceless.

Ha! What the hell is that! 42 year old, retired 4 years ago, David Beckham? That's such a bad attempt at making a point!!!

I wouldn't mind Rooney. So long as everything was reasonable...well, I mean wages, contract etc.

Away from the fantasy of returning to the club, I still think he could do a job for us. Not as a leading striker, but certainly playing behind and around the midfield.

I think a move here would really get the blood going for him and there's a good chance we'd get a 2 or 3 good seasons from him.

However, I'd want him to be the only 31+ year old signing. And I wouldn't expect a fuck tonne from him.

He's one of the best 9's around, natural goal scorers shouldn't be wasted in midfield when goals are so important. Just needs to be told to stop dropping back.

Not for me. He can pass a ball.

Isn't mobile.

Likes to run from deep.

Isn't a target man.

Isn't a hold up player.

Not a nine for me.