IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

• 2 weeks later...

We are going nowhere signing another Samuel Eto'o only to sell a few more shirts. It's not worth it. We should aim at the best possible players we can sign at this stage of our development and Rooney is nowhere near the quality we're seeking.

Edited by Haiku

We don't sign players to sell shirts, makes no difference to the club.

Yeah I meant that signing him will only benefit our merchandising, but he's not going to improve us as a team. I would rather go for Davy Klaassen. Strong personality and good goalscoring outlet from second position. Would be much more useful than Barkley behind the main striker, whoever he is going to be.

Edited by Haiku

Can't remember, but did the Kitbag deal die already? If not, he's only good for marketing, not making money

Either way, marketing is supposed to bring more money. But this is not the subject of this topic.

Edited by Haiku

Either way, marketing is supposed to bring more money. But this is not the subject of this topic.

It's to attract people to buy things. Trouble is, our merchandise profit stays with Kitbag (if it's still applicable, really can't remember) so he'd be a very expensive name with no income to balance out the cost.

Regardless, I'm still going back and forth on wanting him here or not

I'd have him but on favourable terms on our part which won't be entertained by the sounds of it

If he's more interested in the money (which he's entitled to be) than playing for his boyhood club in his twilight years then fuck him let him rake it in elsewhere

Talent? He has it. As a striker. He does not have it as a midfielder. Yes, I think I would like him back but only if he can do a job of work. If not, no. I can say that he should go elsewhere.

One of the reasons he keeps dropping deep is it gives him the opportunity to hit that 50 yard crossfield pass to the wide player. It usually drops right on to the wide players foot and Rooney gets his round of applause. The problem is that too many of the bread and butter 5/10 yard passes are either going straight to the opposition or being intercepted. I think he has forgotten how to play a strikers role. Not for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont understand why his wages would be an issue? If Everton say "Wayne, we can offer you 70k a week" it would then be up to him. Wouldnt stop Everton from making an offer to Man U.

I think Rooney would accept 70k a week at Everton. And if we do sell Barkley it would be a perfect replacement.

Dont understand why his wages would be an issue? If Everton say "Wayne, we can offer you 70k a week" it would then be up to him. Wouldnt stop Everton from making an offer to Man U.

I think Rooney would accept 70k a week at Everton. And if we do sell Barkley it would be a perfect replacement.

His wages are an issue because apparently he's not willing to lower his current wage.

Can't see that being true myself, but think the problem is that he won't lower his wage demands enough to tempt clubs.

I'm not really arsed. If he comes for free on £100k a week then... ok, if he's on some mega wedge then no.

Question.... how many of the goals that lukaku scored would Wayne struggle to finish? My guess is very few. He would create more too.

you must be back from holiday then? :P