IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

Possibly because the clubs offering to buy aren't clubs he would consider going to and United would rather get the wages (or a big chunk of them) off the books so they can keep rebuilding. Possibly because they would also want to do good by him for being such a big part of their success over the past decade or so.

United wanting to do good? Hahahahahaha.

Someone mentioned on Twitter, we've bought in a lot of young players, his experience and mentorship might be worth his wages alone.

Right now, I don't care if he shags a granny in the centre circle at Goodison while Sandro slots the ball into the Gwladys street goal.

We're fucking rich.

I heard that he won't drop his wages, any truth to that?

If he won't drop his wages then a huge no for me, I'd not object to him coming back but to have him earning twice as much as anyone else would be just wrong, 'specially given he's not guaranteed a starting place in Everton 2.0.

still think that they are wrong. Rooney is a much better player today than he was when he left Everton. He might not be the goalscorer anymore but how many chances did he really get to be the goalscorer last season?

Rooney has so much to offer Everton. The experience, the coaching, the passing etc.

Why would utd loan him out though, I don't understand? Obviously they will save on half his wages, but if they feel he's not good enough for them anymore then surely they'd be better off selling him?

United must be loving that 6-year 300K a week deal signed by David Moyes. :)

It's a sunk cost for them. If they can offload half of his wages, that's a plus. Honestly, for someone who will likely never be a starter for their first team, what else can they do? I suppose I wouldn't be against a one-year loan, but it hardly lights me on fire. There are far better options.

still think that they are wrong. Rooney is a much better player today than he was when he left Everton. He might not be the goalscorer anymore but how many chances did he really get to be the goalscorer last season?

Rooney has so much to offer Everton. The experience, the coaching, the passing etc.

He was a better player when he left Everton than he was at 28.

At 17 or 18 Rooney was a street footballer who used his indiduality to awesome effect. He became more sanitised and efficient... maybe a better team player but less of an individual.

He was a better player when he left Everton than he was at 28.

At 17 or 18 Rooney was a street footballer who used his indiduality to awesome effect. He became more sanitised and efficient... maybe a better team player but less of an individual.

Stop reminding me about how exciting he was in royal blue :(.

I don't understand why people go on about his passing? He can only play Hollywood crossfield balls under no pressure, you never see him threading the ball through a congested defence or anything like that. He makes too many mistakes with short simple passes too.

He is a goalscorer, nothing more or nothing less.

Most of them were years ago when he was playing up front.

I watched him a lot when he played at the end of last season and he couldn't pass it 5 yards let alone being this amazing playmaker. His shooting wasn't much better either... nor his control...

You dont lose the ability to pass the ball or to pick a pass. What you can lose is your confidence, most often from having a manager that doesnt believe in you. Like the past couple of years. A few weeks at Everton could change that.

Is he the player he was a few years ago? No but he is deffo worth buying as long as he isnt asking for 350k a week.

Stop reminding me about how exciting he was in royal blue :(.

Best player I've seen in a blue shirt in the last 30 years... simple as that.

In terms of 16 year old players... I am pretty certain that his ability was up there with the absolute elite... pele, maradona... that's not an exaggeration. He was a freak of nature at that age.

I'd like him back for defo- think he has a winning mentality, he knows how to win and would offer a huge wealth of experience to our younger players.

Our manager can offer much more than Rooney can when it comes to stuff like that, he was one of the greatest players the game has ever seen