IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

He is definitely not a player that you would want to bring in and build a team around, but there would not be many teams in the Premiership that wouldn't benefit from having Wayne Rooney in their squad. He is a player who has played at the very highest level, broke all number of goal scoring records, as captaining Man U and England captain he is one of those 'leader on the pitch' type players, and arguably has an unequalled amount of Premier league and European experience,

I think to a degree he has lost some of his drive and desire at Man Utd over the past 3-4 seasons, since the Sir Alex has retired and the 'glory days' generation squad he was a part of have now all but retired. I think he's gone a bit stale at Man U, with all the changes and lull in success. I think a move and a final chapter to his career would do him good.

I think if anything could put the buzz and desire back in to Rooney for the last two or maybe three of years of his career would be being part of the beginning of this new Everton revolution we are starting to seeing.

Wayne Rooney is the one player would not be coming to Everton as a money grabbing 'one last big payday has been' - he will be taking a notable pay cut. he is a player that would be coming to give everything he has on that football pitch, I have no doubt that just by Rooney putting the Everton shirt back on we will get an extra 10% out of him week in week out. The fact he will want to get backing the England squad for a world cup will only add to motivation.

The one thing missing from Rooney CV is tasting some sort of success with Everton, and I think he would give it his all to try and put that right. We are the only club in the position off possibly getting a re-motivated Rooney in our squad. Given the way he left, he would also return humble and with something to prove - that he is a blue!

I think we would be foolish not to take this sort of unique opportunity, they don't come along very often.

This is 100% happening, so everyone that will be disappointed by it (myself included) is just going to have to suck it up.

The boy is coming home yada yada.

But the window overall has been great, aiiiiii?

Not every signing will be to everyone's taste I suppose.

I'm OK with this one. I'm excited by the 'fantasy' of the boy wonder returning, Roy of the Rovers type comic book fairy tale.

I'm also curious as to how he will play, fit in etc.

But the window overall has been great, aiiiiii?

Not every signing will be to everyone's taste I suppose.

I'm OK with this one. I'm excited by the 'fantasy' of the boy wonder returning, Roy of the Rovers type comic book fairy tale.

I'm also curious as to how he will play, fit in etc.

The thing that's going to do my head in the most is that he will, without a doubt, be our top earner whether he comes on loan or is signed permanently. That really doesn't sit right with me.

You might have picked up on it but to be clear, I will be very happy. I think he is exactly what we need. I just hope that the fourth official gets one right.

It's not Fourth Official, they're just reporting what all the papers and websites are saying. Hence the (Various).

The thing that's going to do my head in the most is that he will, without a doubt, be our top earner whether he comes on loan or is signed permanently. That really doesn't sit right with me.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to get a sniff of what the package might be.

Hopefully he is honest and realises no one at all was going to pay his wages from his peak days.

We'll see.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to get a sniff of what the package might be.

Hopefully he is honest and realises no one at all was going to pay his wages from his peak days.

We'll see.

Even taking a huge pay cut he'll be on 140k/150k. Far too much for what he's going to bring imo.

I freely admit that he broke my heart when he left but I don't hold any bitterness towards him anymore, I don't want him to come back for footballing reasons and footballing reasons only. But do you know what? I would love nothing more than for him to shit on my doubts and be fucking brilliant for us. I would be so happy if that happens, it's what I always wanted but never got to see.

Even taking a huge pay cut he'll be on 140k/150k. Far too much for what he's going to bring imo.

I freely admit that he broke my heart when he left but I don't hold any bitterness towards him anymore, I don't want him to come back for footballing reasons and footballing reasons only. But do you know what? I would love nothing more than for him to shit on my doubts and be fucking brilliant for us. I would be so happy if that happens, it's what I always wanted but never got to see.

All he needs to do...the one and only thing he needs to do...to get all the forgiveness in the world for all the badge kissing and baiting, is....score the winner against the Redshite. Bonus points for doing it at Analfield. In front of the Kop.

Peace!

All he needs to do...the one and only thing he needs to do...to get all the forgiveness in the world for all the badge kissing and baiting, is....score the winner against the Redshite. Bonus points for doing it at Analfield. In front of the Kop.

Peace!

Newts, the little kid in me is excited as fuck about him coming back :lol:. That little kid remembers watching him during that Euro's and how proud I was knowing he was ours. I couldn't get the smile off my face.

I think my adult self needs to have a word with that kid and sharpish :lol:.

I think its a good move mainly for off the pitch reasons.

No one will be expecting Rooney to play/start all 38 games plus Europa and other cups.

He will be important in those games we drop to lower teams in terms of driving focus and that 'winning mentality'. Like him or not he is a winner, being at United for as long as he has (despite the last few years) has ingrained a winning mentality in him and he will demand that off the younger lads.

Off the pitch, signing Rooney makes us much more commercially relevant. Everton isn't seen around the world as a big club or a relevant club, we are just one of the clubs that makes up the premier league and is fairly solid. This changes that some what with our name now in the news a little bit more all because of one player. That kind of exposure is huge and costs a shitload to get instantly or a long time to grow organically.. So while his wages are more than a player of his current ability is worth, think of at least half that contract as a marketing cost.

Edited by Tristagi

Tristagi has is right for me, commercially it will raise our global profile many times over its current status. We all complain that we don't get the best sponsors on board, it's due to us not having the commercial clout, Rooney would raise our profile and therefore the commercial clout.

Some reports suggesting a free transfer with 250k in wages. I don't care how free his transfer is; if we're paying him 250k a week it's a total disgrace to the rest of our players.

The "easy" way around that is give him a stupid signing-on fee, and drop his wages to something comparable with the top earners.

Mate, compared to you that was handing out flowers.

If I was you I'd have said us signing him was an absolute disgrace and I was thinking of sending my season ticket back in protest.

I'm happy he's comi g back- I just like to remain cautious with Everton - years of disappointment have broken me into a thousand pieces too many times.

I think its a good move mainly for off the pitch reasons.

No one will be expecting Rooney to play/start all 38 games plus Europa and other cups.

He will be important in those games we drop to lower teams in terms of driving focus and that 'winning mentality'. Like him or not he is a winner, being at United for as long as he has (despite the last few years) has ingrained a winning mentality in him and he will demand that off the younger lads.

Off the pitch, signing Rooney makes us much more commercially relevant. Everton isn't seen around the world as a big club or a relevant club, we are just one of the clubs that makes up the premier league and is fairly solid. This changes that some what with our name now in the news a little bit more all because of one player. That kind of exposure is huge and costs a shitload to get instantly or a long time to grow organically.. So while his wages are more than a player of his current ability is worth, think of at least half that contract as a marketing cost.

This.

Anyone not believing this is a commercial move, is not looking at the bigger picture.

Recent addition to the Everton family is Blackwell Global, an asset broker who will use Rooney's name as a way of interesting clients to Everton. Pretty sure on that.