IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Wednesday November 29th

markjazzbassist

Moyes is back in town, we just got obliterated and they just got a draw at home.  Keane and baines our it’s gonna be a patchwork Backline

Pickford

Martina holgate Jags Kenny

Davies Gana

Gylfi

Lennon rooney sandro

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Andy Carroll is already thinking how many he's going to score, how are we going to stop one of the best players in the air when we couldn't stop Austin, Moyes team talk will be long ball in the area for Carroll..

Thats why we need to keep him as far away from our goal and push up as high as possible. None of this sitting back rubbish.

Williams needs to start as he is our most physical and aggressive defender. I'd play Kenny left and Holgate right to add more physicality.

Davies, Schneiderlin and ? to play in midfield with Vlasic and someone else wide and I think it probably has to be either Rooney or Niasse up front. Would anyone else risk Rooney in midfield? Im not a fan but I am thinking that we might keep hold of the ball. We could copy City with Schneiderlin deep, Davies playing the De Bruyne role and Rooney popping up between the lines like Silva.

10 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Whatever team we put out is going to be shit and low in confidence. Benni has to play, we are missing McCarthy 

I would 100% take either of these over Schneiderlin, who has been nothing more than a passenger this season. 

I think we need quick players up front, so I’d play Vlasic and Lookman. Maybe play Rooney in the hole and Sandro up front. These are all players who can move the ball around quickly (Rooney sometimes belies that though)

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Think all the players who haven't had a go deserve to start , Besic,  Benni, and Vlasic should be given a go cos they can't be any worse than the last couple of players performances.

I agree with that how's it going to change if the same people keep getting picked in the same positions, we have to try different personnel at the end of the day what have we got to lose, the defence is hard to change shit buying has left us exposed in that area.

Pickford.

Holgate. Keane. Jags. Kenny

Beni. Gylfi. Besic

Lookman. Sandro. Vlasic.

Maybe a new manager will be announced and the pressure will be off unsworth. 

Pickford

kenny          Jags       Besic       Coco

Benni

lookman        Gilfi      Vlasic 

Rooney     Sandro

It’s a crap team but what can you do? I can’t watch Williams anymore so would play besic or even Morgan who has played centre back. 

Would like to see 3-5-2  if Holgate is fit ..........

Pickford.

Keane ........ Jags .......... Williams

Holgate.                                                                   Kenny

Davies.           Besic.          Vlasic

DCL.        Sandro

Three mids who like to go forward.

Seems Everton as a team and more broadly as a club have become a laughingstock, incompetent on the field and throughout the organization.  It’s been a shocking couple of months; most of us fans are reeling.  And I say that as a relative newcomer to the Everton family.  As an American, I’ve “supported” Everton for nearly 20 years, but have been able actually to follow the club intensely only for the last 6-7 years (NBCSN’s arrival).  So I suspect this dismaying time is felt much more deeply by those of you who have been devoted fans for decades.

In considering which players I think should start tomorroe night, I am reduced to thinking less in terms of our best 11, and more about our least bad 11.  Depressing to think that pathetic WHam are a fair bet to take a point, even 3.

I don’t want to see the Gana-Schneiderlin pairing.  Don’t want to see Martina.  Don’t want to see DCL on his own up front.  Do want to see Rooney, for his energy, excellent passing, and the possibility he might provide an inspiring performance.  Do want to see Besic.  Here’s my least bad, desperate lineup.  I’ll guess that Lennon and Kenny will be committed both to going forward and tracking back to defend.  Rooney will be all over the pitch, which is ok with me.

Pickford

Holgate   Williams   Jagielka

Lennon      Besic        Kenny

Rooney   Sigurdsson

Vlasic            DCL

3 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Pickford

Holgate   Williams   Jagielka

Lennon      Besic        Kenny

Rooney   Sigurdsson

Vlasic            DCL

Some variation of that team might be able to pull a performance together.  I think I'd have Rooney up with DCL and Vlasic in the midfield.  Also think there's very little chance Besic will start.  It will be Gana I suspect, but I would prefer to see Benni.

5 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Some variation of that team might be able to pull a performance together.  I think I'd have Rooney up with DCL and Vlasic in the midfield.  Also think there's very little chance Besic will start.  It will be Gana I suspect, but I would prefer to see Benni.

I am convinced DCL can be more effective if he has a partner up front.  Makes Niasse’s dive/suspension all the more frustrating.  As Rooney was held out at Southampton, I will be surprised and disapponted if he isn’t on the teamsheet.  I do understand that some on TT think he’s past it, but he and Sigurdsson still seem more likely than others to give us a scoring opportunity with a pinpoint pass.

I agree wth you that Rooney is also a scoring threat himself.  Playing him as an attacking midfielder, as I’d prefer, would mean he’d sometimes be well forward.  However, if he’s paired with DCL, I fear that DCL would again be alone up there too often, as Rooney seems unable not to go marauding all over the pitch.

I doubt Unsworth will give Besic the start, but if he insists on the 2-DCM formation, I’d prefer Besic-Baningime.  I will despair if it’s Gana-Schneiderlin.

2 hours ago, Elston Gunnn said:

I am convinced DCL can be more effective if he has a partner up front.  Makes Niasse’s dive/suspension all the more frustrating.  As Rooney was held out at Southampton, I will be surprised and disapponted if he isn’t on the teamsheet.  I do understand that some on TT think he’s past it, but he and Sigurdsson still seem more likely than others to give us a scoring opportunity with a pinpoint pass.

I agree wth you that Rooney is also a scoring threat himself.  Playing him as an attacking midfielder, as I’d prefer, would mean he’d sometimes be well forward.  However, if he’s paired with DCL, I fear that DCL would again be alone up there too often, as Rooney seems unable not to go marauding all over the pitch.

I doubt Unsworth will give Besic the start, but if he insists on the 2-DCM formation, I’d prefer Besic-Baningime.  I will despair if it’s Gana-Schneiderlin.

I think the problems with Rooney come from having too many of the same players in the same 11. 

DCL and Rooney together sounds good to me. I think you can add Siggy wide if you wanted to as long as you had pace on the other side plus at least Davies centrally. It will be Holgate and Kenny as full backs so that sounds ok. It might not be too bad having Jags and Williams either.

If Allardyce gets appointed today it will be interesting to see the attitude of the players and the atmosphere in Goodison. You can expect some of the weasels that have gone hiding the last couple of months might want to put a shift in to try to impress the new boss. I think they'll be surprised by a very flat atmosphere. Allardyce knows what it's like working at clubs where he isn't wanted, he was more or less hounded out at Newcastle and West Ham by fan sentiment. He must know he'll get more of the same here. 

Either way, another tonking is on the cards tonight. It could get very ugly. 

3 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Think it will be a good atmosphere tonight. We are Shite but I’m hoping for a scraping 2-1 win cos we can’t keep a clean sheet 

I'm hoping the crowd is silent if they announce SA, to send a message of discontent, but roaring the rest of time