Welbeck, Cech, Lichtsteiner - Arsenal

Giroud, Cahill - Chelsea 

Llorente, Vorm - Spurs

Vermaelen - Barca

Barzagli - Juve

Rabiot, Buffon - PSG

Robben, Ribery, Rafinha - Bayern

Brahimi - Porto

Mata the only one i'd think about.  Rabiot is out of our league sadly, nice player.

1 hour ago, sibdane said:

I would be surprised if he didn't. He's a club legend and still a great player when fit.

Maybe he wants to go out at the top? Scored the goal that won em the league and maybe a domestic treble. Going to be hard to top that. He will walk into a nice contract somewhere abroad I would have thought 

4 hours ago, sibdane said:

If we don't keep Zouma I'd take Kompany in a heartbeat.

He’s been great for them. Can’t see him leaving for a PL club, let alone coming here especially if Jags gets a years extension. Do wonder if he could have a Barry like effect though...

2 hours ago, Matt said:

He’s been great for them. Can’t see him leaving for a PL club, let alone coming here especially if Jags gets a years extension. Do wonder if he could have a Barry like effect though...

Would Gary Cahill be a realistic senior pro to bring in? Doesn’t seem to get injured, pretty much had a year off so his body hasn’t been battered for a while. Always rated him. 

54 minutes ago, StevO said:

Would Gary Cahill be a realistic senior pro to bring in? Doesn’t seem to get injured, pretty much had a year off so his body hasn’t been battered for a while. Always rated him. 

Assuming his legs haven't gone he'd be a good choice for an experienced centre half/role model. He'd also push for first team position rather than just be the back up.

2 hours ago, Makis said:

We have a DoF who wants a young and exciting side and you lot want to go Allardyce the team? 

Instead of signing over-the-hill players with high wages how about signing young, motivated players with potential? 

I think most this is taking into account that jags retires and Zouma goes back on loan leaving;

keane - 26

mina - 24

holgate - 21(?)

Jury is still out on Mina but I think he will come good. Best result is to get Zouma but if not why not throw an old head in with that, you know 100% what you will get from him he needs to step in for a few games and probably still has enough in him to be a strong CB for a season or two. Let Mina/Holgate settle and develop. Cahill offers good depth, great experience 

5 hours ago, Makis said:

We have a DoF who wants a young and exciting side and you lot want to go Allardyce the team? 

Instead of signing over-the-hill players with high wages how about signing young, motivated players with potential? 

No. As I said, I’d expect Kompany or Cahill to have an impact like Barry did for Martinez 

5 hours ago, Makis said:

I thinks it’s more people want experience mixed in the with youth.

Our premier 2 champions team wouldn’t do well in the premier league without having a mix of experience.

Im sure Brands and co will look for youth, but also keep the right balance of experience.

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He wants to play football and he wouldn’t get much of a look in here. 

Totally agree.  If we get Zouma then it wouldn't bother me if we also got Cahill BUT he would never be in the team. So why would he ever want to come here?

If we do not get Zouma and try to replace him with Cahill?! Haha, nope.  Would need to be someone similar.  I am all for Mina developing but we cannot lose the momentum we had defensively at the end of the season.

Plus I have a feeling Holgate will end up challenging Coleman for RB. 

When you start looking at players of his age you should only offer play and pay contracts, that way they have to try other wise you don’t pay them and you don’t run the risk of someone who’s happy to sit on the bench and pick his pension up.