IGNORED

Liverpool (Away) Sunday December 2nd

markjazzbassist

11 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

sadly i will miss the derby.  i will be attending a christmas brunch at the german cultural center with my extended family (side note, we are not german).  it's a tradition we do every year.  the kids meet santa, and we all eat a massive spread of food and drink a bunch of beers.  breakfast always seems better when alcohol is involved :beer:

Stream it on your phone whilst bevvying and scranning!

17 minutes ago, aaron said:

Koeman line up that, swerve the square pegs in round holes. Sig isn'ttt a striker nor should he be used as one.

Neither is Richarlison but we’ve been playing him as such. 

Its just an idea. I’d rather we stick to our own formation than cater to the opposition of course. 

12 hours ago, Bailey said:

Personally I dont think 5 at the back makes many teams better defensively. I would always rather pack central midfield than pack the centre of defense.

I was thinking more about the counter-attacking potential than the additional defensive aspect

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Neither is Richarlison but we’ve been playing him as such. 

Its just an idea. I’d rather we stick to our own formation than cater to the opposition of course. 

See Richarlison can be for me, he is young enough and good enough to be a striker but I do see what you're saying, we are now at a point where we can play our formation to fit our football instead of catering to them for me too, its took its time to get there but hopefully this is what Moshiri wanted when he bought into Everton and provides Brands and silva with the ammunition to push this exciting phase forward.

For me we will lose this game if we lose the battle of the width, we need Bernard, Walcott, Digne and Coleman to control the flanks and stop their full backs having a big influence on the game.

I just pray Bernard, Walcott, and Coleman turn up it would be fair to say they have all had issues in a lot of the previous games, this is were they need to turn the corner and show us what we know they are capable of.

I also think we can then takes this game by dominating the middle with Gomes, Gylfi and Richarlison,  and of course the brilliance of Pickford when he's called upon.

I can't wait for this one and it's been quite a while since I thought we could go and get a result in a derby game, and if nothing else this will give us some good indication of how far we have progressed. COYB.

54 minutes ago, Deacs said:

Completely agree I think Richarlison offers more from a wide position, and Tosun will cause them problems.

Meant to quote Barry’s post there 😀

I would definitely agree with that Richarlison for Bernard and Tosun up front, but Silva isn'tt going to change a winning team and who can blame him.

Just browsed through some Liverpool forums, and they are not worried, to say the least. A win here would be a huge statement, but I'm not going to say it's expected, because it's going to be really hard to even come away with a point. I feel more confident than I have in past derbies though.

59 minutes ago, aaron said:

Not to dampen your spirits but I've just read that Liverpool have never lost back to back games under Klopp...not sure how true this is mind.

August 29th lost 0-3 at home to West Ham then 3-1 at Old Trafford on Sept 13th after international break (and it's fucking consecutive, not back-to-back; we're English ffs:majoroverreactionalert:).

5 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Loved what Marco said today in his press conference. He talks just how I want an Everton manager to. Fuck the opposition. We respect them but we aren’t worried or fearful, we want to win 

Don't get me wrong, but I'd rather lose this game 4-3 than tie 0-0. We should absolutely go after them. Of course, I'd rather win 4-3.

16 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Don't get me wrong, but I'd rather lose this game 4-3 than tie 0-0. We should absolutely go after them. Of course, I'd rather win 4-3.

46 minutes ago, sibdane said:

I'd rather draw 0-0 than lose honestly. Points are points. 

Can see positives in both, but I don't think they'll put four past us and I don't think we'll put three past them. Odd goal in three I reckon, with a bit of luck and an under-par performance from them in our favour.