IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I don't think we're going to replace him like for like. I think Koeman knows a 20-30 goal a season striker is above us. Not because of funds but because they simply wont come here as they'll have more attractive offers. I think he's looking to replace his goals by adding them all over the pich, especially from midfield. He loses 25 goal Lukaku replaces him with a 2 15 a season strikers and a mindfielder or two who will be getting double figures.

That way his goals are absorbed but we add more goals also with it. Ii think that's how he's planning on doing it.

That makes a lot of sense mate, we haven't had midfielders chipping in on a regular basis for a while now.

I don't think we're going to replace him like for like. I think Koeman knows a 20-30 goal a season striker is above us. Not because of funds but because they simply wont come here as they'll have more attractive offers. I think he's looking to replace his goals by adding them all over the pich, especially from midfield. He loses 25 goal Lukaku replaces him with a 2 15 a season strikers and a mindfielder or two who will be getting double figures.

That way his goals are absorbed but we add more goals also with it. Ii think that's how he's planning on doing it.

I agree with this 100%. It also makes it more difficult for the opposition. With Rom as our lone striker, the opposition know exactly how we will play and set up accordingly.

Bingo!

Koeman has said he wants more goals throughout the team.

It would make much more sense, and is a more modern approach, to have those guys behind the striker score plenty of goals aswell as the striker. It makes us as a team more dangerous and more versatile. If you have 4 attacking players who can score 10 - 15...the chances of them going off boil at the same time is minimal (or all signing off in March!).

Plus it's more exciting for us as fans.

I'm not convinced any of the names mentioned above have the goal scoring nous, proven track record, hunger to score, sheer power, and dare I say impressive touch of Rom. It would be great to see more goals scored by the rest of the team - this is a bit of a weakness right now - but a striker like Rom strikes fear into the heart of any opposition. He was clearly a major factor in Everton finishing ahead of the chasing pack this past season.

(Here's hoping this does the trick! Take the bait, Haf! You can make 2K and be a legend.)

I'm not convinced any of the names mentioned above have the goal scoring nous, proven track record, hunger to score, sheer power, and dare I say impressive touch of Rom. It would be great to see more goals scored by the rest of the team - this is a bit of a weakness right now - but a striker like Rom strikes fear into the heart of any opposition. He was clearly a major factor in Everton finishing ahead of the chasing pack this past season.

(Here's hoping this does the trick! Take the bait, Haf! You can make 2K and be a legend.)

They wouldn't have would they- Koeman signed them. Best keeping Kone, Niasse and Cleverley and Mcgeady to get the goals ??

Yep, not like 20 goal per season strikers grow on trees... heck look at Belotti, first time he's scored over 20 goals a season and all of a sudden he's a superstar striker worth 80m.... foh, he's a one season wonder at this stage.

And if say the Sandro signing pays off big time and he's a 15+ goal inside forward... how long until he asks for a move to A.Madrid which is where he wanted to go in the first place.

By that logic we are going to have to bring in 10 other starters aswell.

Ye, never thought of it like that!

Better get busy then. Good start with three so far haha!

Point stands though. Lots of players bang in numbers. But for some reason, the teams they play for don't do that well.

I'm suggesting that Rom isn't as good as he believes he is.

Maybe he will move on to much better things. Or he may not.

All I know is that this isn't our first Rodeo.

Edited by Shukes

Haf is still writing that final post!!!

Going to be a novel "based on" Rom's time here, bit of dramatic license involved; I can exclusively reveal (as Haf's newly appointed agent) the following two short extracts (spoiler alert).

"Once upon a time...."

"....and they all lived happily ever after."

Best seller I tell you!

his agent is as classy as it gets. has anyone else been reading about donnarumma at AC Milan? wild stuff.

i wonder if Moshiri/Walsh/Koeman might have outsmarted him though. By saying publicly we want 100m it will make clubs hesitate to bargain. Basically they took away Raiola's leverage, what's he gonna do say he will walk? He doesn't get paid much on a bosman, he wants a massive fee so he can take half of it. So now either teams pay up (they won't) or offer less in which case we say yes or no, there's practically no interest now so he can't go on strike he needs to keep scoring to make teams want him. the 100m tag could be a masterstroke if moshiri is willing to let him walk after his contract is up. I doubt Raiola will though, he wants contracts and transfers to get fees and I think that's where we have the leverage.

thoughts?

Edited by markjazzbassist