IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

10 hours ago, hafnia said:

Very much so. 

"Touch is shocking.... for a big fella he gets knocked off ball too easy"

"He's isolated, we arent playing to his strengths"

"Against the Better sides he' offered us nothing, yes he' getting scraps but rashford doesn't struggle to get involved"

"He' still young.... he will learn"

Maybe they will sell him at a loss if this continues. I can think of a club in need of a striker.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/878221/Man-Utd-news-Romelu-Lukaku-Belgium-ACCIDENTAL-goal-video

too funny....

yeah he's now level with Paul Van Himst and Bernard Voorhoof on 30 goals for his country (answers on a postcard) 

after drawing blanks in the last 7 games for man united and pretty much not offering anything other than a roasting to his team mates after the Chelsea game (unbelievable how he had the audacity after his performance) he has now declared himself as a leopard  https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/im-like-a-leopard-in-the-box-lukaku-proud-of-matching-belgium-goalscoring-record/ar-BBEQ6wb

I would say he's a leopard in the sense that he isn't gonna change his spots...

you cant knock the fella for his confidence....

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

And he's only 24:P.

Made the first goal as well with brilliant touch/control/right foot shot that the keeper could only parry so de Bruyne had a tap-in.

It was Hazard who had the tap-in, but it was indeed a good move by Rom.  

On De Bruyne: he's fed up with Roberto Martinez who he accuses of poor tactics .. 

6 hours ago, holystove said:

It was Hazard who had the tap-in, but it was indeed a good move by Rom.  

On De Bruyne: he's fed up with Roberto Martinez who he accuses of poor tactics .. 

Ironically for being too defensive! 

I saw him mention 5 at the back, is that how you have been lining before the weekend?

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

Ironically for being too defensive! 

I saw him mention 5 at the back, is that how you have been lining before the weekend?

The set up is defensive (5 at the back), but the players used are all focused on attacking (Carrasco as left back for example).  So in reality it's just three at the back and 7 players constantly rushing forward.  It's why they score a lot of goals, but also concede too many.

That is De Bruyne's criticism.  The system Martinez plays, doesn't match the players he selects to play.

15 hours ago, holystove said:

The set up is defensive (5 at the back), but the players used are all focused on attacking (Carrasco as left back for example).  So in reality it's just three at the back and 7 players constantly rushing forward.  It's why they score a lot of goals, but also concede too many.

That is De Bruyne's criticism.  The system Martinez plays, doesn't match the players he selects to play.

Ah I see, it's a bit of a surprise that they havent lost more games really! 

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

Ah I see, it's a bit of a surprise that they havent lost more games really! 

16 games unbeaten, but barely anyone of note.

Player for player, Belgium has more talent than Germany but I would never bet on Germany losing to Belgium.  They need a top manager, a better system.  Golden generation being wasted.

Going through a bit of a rough patch, some United fans getting frustrated:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/romelu-lukaku-2017-18-performances.430573/page-90

A couple of astute observations that's he's too reliant on service for the modern game (I guess that's a fancy way of saying he's a bit lazy sometimes). I like Rom and I think he did great things for this club,  I hope he succeeds over there, and to be honest I've been surprised how many United fans have concluded already that he's not their level. If they want to send him back to us for around 60 mill, I'd take him.  

• 2 weeks later...

Wheels have well and truly fallen off. Watched the game.. he was fine in first half in terms of all round play... not as good as DCL in that regard but hey - he never will be.

Second half? Poor and I mean poor. 

Matter of time till he gets dropped.   Half their debates are around how they wish they got morata instead. 

The goals vs top 6 is looking worse and worse as times goes on. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I said at the time Morata was a more suitable player for them. I still can't understand why they didn't go all out on that one.

Lad in work is a Manc fan..... started off giving it the "He's at United now.... biggest club in the world he will get loads of chances and will get 40 goals a season"

My response was "yeah you said the same about moyes and see how that worked out... he will score a few to start with and you will see the player he is"

The other day he was moaning about how shit lukaku is. Awful touch, weak for a big fella...

I just smirked and winked. 

9 hours ago, hafnia said:

Lad in work is a Manc fan..... started off giving it the "He's at United now.... biggest club in the world he will get loads of chances and will get 40 goals a season"

My response was "yeah you said the same about moyes and see how that worked out... he will score a few to start with and you will see the player he is"

The other day he was moaning about how shit lukaku is. Awful touch, weak for a big fella...

I just smirked and winked. 

Then the alarm clock went off:D

14 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Did well today, got 2 assists.

Ahem.

Should have scored at the other end too. The ball was behind him and he made great contact but it was right at the keeper. If he wants to avoid the criticism the rest of his general play creates he needs to score those chances!

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Should have scored at the other end too. The ball was behind him and he made great contact but it was right at the keeper. If he wants to avoid the criticism the rest of his general play creates he needs to score those chances!

If he wants avoid criticism then he needs to learn to keep his big trap shut.  Talked himself up to be the big I AM.  He's an overrated flat track bully who when put against the better teams shows himself to be the player ive always maintained he is - bang average.

Thanks for the £90m man United.... pity we wasted it. 

On 12/11/2017 at 06:58, hafnia said:

Threw a bottle in dressing room incifent which hit Arteta above the eye causing a big cut.... (was probably aiming at someone else )

Could be in the shit. The way the Manc fans are talking about him we could probably sign him back for less than half the price we sold him for. 

Only in my wildest dreams. I'd fly to Manchester and carry him piggyback back to Merseyside if he would return. 

On 12/11/2017 at 06:58, hafnia said:

Threw a bottle in dressing room incifent which hit Arteta above the eye causing a big cut.... (was probably aiming at someone else )

Could be in the shit. The way the Manc fans are talking about him we could probably sign him back for less than half the price we sold him for. 

christmas day miracle i would love it

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Who cares? He's not playing for Everton anymore

There was plenty of posts when he was in his honeymoon period at United.   I think it's only right that we balance them up.

I'm gonna be honest - im really enjoying watching and reading other fans call out his glaring weaknesses. I never once swayed from my belief that he was a pretty average to poor footballer with a bit of a gift for finishing. Not good enough for the best teams in this day and age. 

He's miles away from being the player he likes to think he is. He won't be at United in a couple of years - he's had his "big move".