IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

Did I say that Steve?

By the same token, do you then Gerry is only worth £5m?

If QPR are turning down £10m for Matt Philips then McGeady has to be worth half that.

Lol all of this proves how fucked this tv money has made the transfer market. Shite for 5-10m, Barcelona wunderkind and future England left back (trippier) 3-5m.

Look fair play to Celtic for throwing the 1m bid out there. We do the same thing to clubs all the time. I would hold onto him until atleast January, still think he can offer something even if its just off the bench. Plus he is slippery as fuck on fifa with 5 star skills moves....

• 2 weeks later...

"Aiden is an exceptionally talented player and I'm looking forward to seeing him fully fit and playing again,"

read from that as you will, but I don't think we have seen him fully fit as yet - I agree that he is exceptionally talented, but this game is about margins and for me he hasn't given or been given the best opportunity to get to his best level.

I will be interested to see how he looks after a "proper pre season" last years was a debacle and RM has to be to blame for that.

No more excuses for Aiden - it now or never for me. I actually think he has match winning potential and can offer us something in certain games or off the bench.

I think he's past the point of being able to alter his game for the better

He can only improve slightly through fitness alone he has ability but it's his "footballing brain" that won't change in my eyes he will still continue to beat a man then fluff a pass a cross or try to beat to many players rather than do the hard part then take the easy route afterwards

A talented lad with a big flaw in his game maybe if coached right in his younger days we'd be looking at a much better and rounded player

Still as Dunc says I'd much rather have him here then sell him for peanuts and off the bench he could be useful

Edited by EFC-Paul

• 4 months later...

On review, it's got the be attitude. Everyone says he has the ability (seen very very little of that) but can't perform. So what is it? Surely it's mental.

People have criticised him as "being rubbish" - he clearly isn't.... he has played rubbish at times, but at times he has shown a level of ability that few players have. It is most certainly down to application and this was something that concerned me with Rom (which he seems to have addressed).

He won't be the first talented player to make a low impact at Everton and he wont be the last - his transfer fee was minimal but we are still paying him wages.

People have criticised him as "being rubbish" - he clearly isn't.... he has played rubbish at times, but at times he has shown a level of ability that few players have. It is most certainly down to application and this was something that concerned me with Rom (which he seems to have addressed).

He won't be the first talented player to make a low impact at Everton and he wont be the last - his transfer fee was minimal but we are still paying him wages.

I personally think he is rubbish because he hasn't shown it. Irish supporters and media personalities seem to think he has got 'it'. But the fact that they haven't seen his ability since his Celtic days, is very worrying.

So yeah, I don't think he's that good and the last 6/7 years have proved that.

I personally think he is rubbish because he hasn't shown it. Irish supporters and media personalities seem to think he has got 'it'. But the fact that they haven't seen his ability since his Celtic days, is very worrying.

So yeah, I don't think he's that good and the last 6/7 years have proved that.

Robbie Savage = Rubbish footballer (albeit effective at what his manager wnated him to do)

Aiden McGeady = Talented footballer (albeit as much use as a chocolate teapot due to his inability to put it into practice enough)

Anyone remember how well mcgeady was playing against west ham till he got a red card for a daft tackle? He has ability, no question.

Anyone remember how well mcgeady was playing against west ham till he got a red card for a daft tackle? He has ability, no question.

Yes, and that was true of a couple of other games. I even asked Mike to add his name to the MotM list once, even when he was a sub, because his impact was quite dramatic. He can make a difference, and it's disappointing that he seems to have lost the will to prove his worth.

It's coming up to 2 years since he joined us. Most people gave him an extended chance after he signed, considering he had been frozen out of the Russian team and put on a bit of weight. Most were prepared to wait for the next season, and he started quite well until getting injured and since then has done sod all.

I think it's quite a statement when people can point out 1-2 performances from the 43 games he's supposedly played (at least part of) in our shirt. Talent might well be there (although I've only ever seen him do the one trick which he never pulls off), but he doesn't apply it and therefore should be moved.

Edited by Matt

• 4 weeks later...

"McGeady, who has played just 43 times for Everton since joining in January 14 from Spartak Moscow, is understood to be one of the best paid players at Everton."

Really? Sounds unlikely to me.