IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I agree with you on the Hodgeson situation, he was bang out of order but I expect nothing else from the bufoon and I also think he has a problem with Barkley full stop.

As for Barkley the player, I'm not gonna go on again about it cos I'm starting to sound like a broken record about him but it's not really the losing it running at the opposition defence that annoys me it's the losing it when we're clearing our lines from our own box and breaking out. He's sloppy at situations like this he's almost nonchalant in his approach like trying keepy ups with the side of his foot as he's running along only for it to bounce of him to an opposition player and present them with an excellent chance to open us up.

Am gonna shut up about it now cos I've prattled on enough about it but just watch him Aiden you'll see what I mean, he does it all the time.

I do understand where youre coming from mate, I just dont think its too much to worry about. Hes a very, very special player.

England can fuck off at the best of times, so for me i'd refuse him to get called up. Keep him at Everton, say we don't like the way he's handled.

I dont think Ross would be happy about that though, although I do wish he'd fuck the squad off until we get a knew manager in.

I agree with you on the Hodgeson situation, he was bang out of order but I expect nothing else from the bufoon and I also think he has a problem with Barkley full stop.

As for Barkley the player, I'm not gonna go on again about it cos I'm starting to sound like a broken record about him but it's not really the losing it running at the opposition defence that annoys me it's the losing it when we're clearing our lines from our own box and breaking out. He's sloppy at situations like this he's almost nonchalant in his approach like trying keepy ups with the side of his foot as he's running along only for it to bounce of him to an opposition player and present them with an excellent chance to open us up.

Am gonna shut up about it now cos I've prattled on enough about it but just watch him Aiden you'll see what I mean, he does it all the time.

It's his "MENTALITY" and maturity that you are talking about which is absolutely fine and we have nothing to worry about. The ability is there in absolute abundance - if you were talking about the fact that he can't strike ball, make a pass, control a ball then I would agree with you, what you are talking about is his decision making - it will come.

Its the final part of the players development... 1. Technical 2. Physical 3. Tactical 4. Mental.

It was only when Tony Kroos was 22 that he started to apply this side of the game in midfield and he is an exceptionally mature player for his age as a midfielder. The same can be said for Gerrard. Playing anywhere in the centre of midfield requires more time to get up to speed.

Hodgson is an absolute fool, and his treatment of barkley demonstrates this.

To be fair it didn't seem like he slipped then lost it, it was more a player came in, he lost the ball and then slipped. We all love Ross...but it was very sloppy.

A stupid managerial choice to bring on a young and not yet matured player for four minutes yes, but if Ross hadn't made the mistake then there would be nothing to talk about.

Ross needs to learn that these lapses are the reason he is not rated as highly by the neutral. His progress is going at a snails pace due to injury and bad management.

Edited by Shukes

The thing is he didn't yell at Barkley after the time he slipped and lost possession, he actually shouted at him when he held the ball up about 25 yards out with 2 Scotland players around him before drawing the free kick.

He had a point to be fair because he was yelling at Barkley to lay it off to someone else in space but Ross was more concerned about holding the player off in a potentially dangerous area of the pitch.

The thing is he didn't yell at Barkley after the time he slipped and lost possession, he actually shouted at him when he held the ball up about 25 yards out with 2 Scotland players around him before drawing the free kick.

He had a point to be fair because he was yelling at Barkley to lay it off to someone else in space but Ross was more concerned about holding the player off in a potentially dangerous area of the pitch.

So he was bollocked after actually gaining an advantage for England... nice. I wonder, does Hodgson go ape shit when Jack Wilshere throws himself to the floor after being brushed by a feather, doesn't win a free-kick and then proceeds to stay on the ground and have a whinge? I think we all know the answer to that question is no.

I have absolutely no problem with Ross getting a bollocking when he does something wrong, but criticism aimed at him really does seem to be over the top.

So he was bollocked after actually gaining an advantage for England... nice. I wonder, does Hodgson go ape shit when Jack Wilshere throws himself to the floor after being brushed by a feather, doesn't win a free-kick and then proceeds to stay on the ground and have a whinge? I think we all know the answer to that question is no.

I have absolutely no problem with Ross getting a bollocking when he does something wrong, but criticism aimed at him really does seem to be over the top.

"I think he, like Theo Walcott, needs a few more games to help him.

‘I have no doubt that will happen and that in future he will give us another interesting option in terms of team formation. We like him very much.’"

Interesting option? I think that is how you can describe Andy Carroll or Rickie Lambert....

The man is afraid to have a player with his flair, if Barkley was German the midfield would be built around Barkley and Kroos.

"I think he, like Theo Walcott, needs a few more games to help him.

‘I have no doubt that will happen and that in future he will give us another interesting option in terms of team formation. We like him very much.’"

Interesting option? I think that is how you can describe Andy Carroll or Rickie Lambert....

The man is afraid to have a player with his flair, if Barkley was German the midfield would be built around Barkley and Kroos.

You're right about Kroos but let's be honest he's on a whole other level than Barkley. Barkley is still very raw. Kroos was putting in real performances at his age. I'm not saying he won't be as good as Kroos, but he's nowhere near yet.

I do think Ross should have laid the ball off earlier but he did well to do what he did. He certainly didn't deserve the crap he got from Hodgson. His comments after games are disgraceful too. If he is that worried about conceding he shouldn't be bringing on a player that will want to break forward at every opportunity.

With Ross you either take that risk or don't bother playing him.

He shouldn't have done it in the first place, but, to be fair to him, he got straight up and didn't claim for the free-kick because he knew what he'd done.

It did have me shaking my head in embarrassment when I was watching the highlights though.

exactly. It's all well and good knowing you messed up after you've done it

• 2 weeks later...

I'm quite hard on Ross because I unfairly expect so much of him.

When he came on at the City match you can just see the ability ooze out of him. He wasn't the best player on the pitch on Saturday but looked it (if you see what I mean?) - the pace, two footness, power, skill, balance. Just looks like an exceptional player waiting to happen.

City were scared of him. Ghosted past a few players like they werent there. He's just missing that final little something at the moment.

Incredible potential, we just need to manage him very carefully. All this talk of selling is stupid.

"You don't see another player like him because you don't get that balance of physicality and technical ability. He is a diamond - the perfect player for this league."

Totally agree with that sentiment. There was a stage where he had two players on him and the ball was up for grabs, he just used his size and strength and came away with it.

"You don't see another player like him because you don't get that balance of physicality and technical ability. He is a diamond - the perfect player for this league."

Totally agree with that sentiment. There was a stage where he had two players on him and the ball was up for grabs, he just used his size and strength and came away with it.

yeah i'm really glad he had a good match yesterday, hopefully he gets more confident and keeps growing. every time he gets the ball i get excited.

yeah i'm really glad he had a good match yesterday, hopefully he gets more confident and keeps growing. every time he gets the ball i get excited.

This is how I felt, too. Always seems to do something interesting with the ball. Secret sauce and all that.

I was hoping Lukaku could have been a similar player, but it doesn't seem to be working out that way.

Naismith:- “He will make mistakes and he will maybe come on in games and be effective or he will come on and lose the ball. He needs to learn the times when he does go forward and do his bit and the times to keep it simple. That will come with experience.”

This is it in a nutshell for me. Barkley because of his ability on the ball can sometimes over do it, he will learn when not to over do things. The ability is already there and enough to have a glittering career - as Gary Neville said - you just can't score the goal he scored without special talent and technique.

The same comments apply to Mirallas too.

I was going to write that - he's 27 though. He nearly gifted QPR a goal, and whichever way you look at it invited a pretty heavy foul from Mutch, he need to stop trying the spectacular all the time.

The game against Hull he went for an audacious chip at 1-0 up, when in all honesty he really should have put his foot right through it. If it came off it would have been great but the percentages and scoreline say he should have hit it to force a save or hit the net.

I was going to write that - he's 27 though. He nearly gifted QPR a goal, and whichever way you look at it invited a pretty heavy foul from Mutch, he need to stop trying the spectacular all the time.

The game against Hull he went for an audacious chip at 1-0 up, when in all honesty he really should have put his foot right through it. If it came off it would have been great but the percentages and scoreline say he should have hit it to force a save or hit the net.

He is just trying a little bit too hard at the moment. I like that because you can see he is determined to do everything he can to win the game but sometimes that is just to pass it to someone in a better position than he is.

I thought that with a few on Monday actually. I remember Baines turning into trouble when a pass was on late in the game, Pienaar flicking it away with players either side of him and someone else doing a similar thing.