IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Poor tonight. Looked a shadow of his real self. Never looked keen to get on the ball, and when he did, he didn't really do much with it.

Gutted for him. He doesn't deserve the flack, he didn't tell everyone to expect so much from him.

Get him out. Let him chill for a bit.

Every time he got the ball there was a fella behind me shouting "do something, Ross!". All I could think to myself was that it shows how desperate things are that we're expecting a kid to sort everything out.

There's no excuse for his poor performance, he should be doing better, but the pressure on him is just too much.

The crowd are on his case too much at the moment.

Unless he runs 40 yards and plants one in the top corner he knows that no matter what he does he is going to be crucified

Some tit behind me was screaming abuse at him for not putting a challenge in when he was 10 foot away from the ball , Then one minute he was yelling at him for not taking a player on and the next screaming at him for losing the ball when he did take a player on and saying he should have played it safe

His confidence has gone and he needs a break

Every time he got the ball there was a fella behind me shouting "do something, Ross!". All I could think to myself was that it shows how desperate things are that we're expecting a kid to sort everything out.

There's no excuse for his poor performance, he should be doing better, but the pressure on him is just too much.

The pressure on him is probably the reason for his performances. Same applies to Lukaku maybe.

These guys will grow used to it. They'll be better for it.

Barry hardly put a foot wrong all night!!

Don't let your hatred of a player blind you into thining he's played shit because he didn't.

Even I don't have anything bad to say about Barry, which has been rare in recent months. He did quite well but then again, WBA hardly attacked so he didn't have much to do. There were a couple of times I wished he would just shoot mind you!

Liverpool gave sterling a break because they have a proper winger to replace him at the moment we can't leave Ross out we havnt got our midfielders fit, Osman pienaar Gibson Mccarthy all injured.

He plays the same position as Naismith really, but martinez puts him out wide, we have cover there in Mcgeady

Imagine going to work to face that boss that you know is going to moan the second he looks at you.

Now imagine 40k of those bosses.

Now you are Ross Barkley.

I mean wow, I didn't realise it was that bad until last night. The poor lad gets screamed day Everytime he touches the ball and doesn't take a player on or score.

40 yards out and the crowd scream shoot!

If hate doesn't there's a collective sigh.

He must he asking himself the question today...do I stay with the team I love.....or go somewhere I'm wanted?

Imagine going to work to face that boss that you know is going to moan the second he looks at you.

Now imagine 40k of those bosses.

Now you are Ross Barkley.

I mean wow, I didn't realise it was that bad until last night. The poor lad gets screamed day Everytime he touches the ball and doesn't take a player on or score.

40 yards out and the crowd scream shoot!

If hate doesn't there's a collective sigh.

He must he asking himself the question today...do I stay with the team I love.....or go somewhere I'm wanted?

This right here. I can even hear it when I'm watching on my laptop, and I feel for him. He needs support. He's a young kid with buckets of potential. I think Martinez had it right when he stated that Barkley loves the team too much and is trying too hard. It needs to come naturally to him rather than him feeling forced to perform.

Have to admit the groan Everytime he didn't shoot was awful. I went with two neutral supporters and had to explain to them what was going on.

We're not exactly known for being a fun crowd are we.

I'm surprised Barkley didn't fall apart. It was pretty hostile for a 20 year old.

• 3 weeks later...

I've stayed away from this topic purposely as I'm expecting to be pissed off if I read it so I won't. But I've got to say the treatment Ross has received at Goodison in the last few months has been disgraceful. We have a hell of a talent on our hands here, one that bigger clubs would gladly take of our hands, but if he doesn't put one in the top bin or take on five players everytime he gets the ball he's getting grief. Seeing him being booed by his own fans for not being as good as we would like him too be has made me sick, and has not helped his confidence. I see a young lad who looks scared to try something because he is scared of the reaction when if it goes wrong.

I heard a fella infront of me who has given him nothing but abuse for months complaining that he has been on the bench recently. I couldn't believe it.

I know one thing for sure, when he speaks to his agent about the stick he has had from the fans his agent will be telling him he won't get booed at City!

Rant over, for now.