IGNORED

Ross Barkley

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

What's the relevance? And you already know the answer, I've answered it numerous times before. What's the point in me wasting time repeating myself? Talking of repeating myself, what Martinez added raises questions, you've not addressed that or why the club renewed other players contracts three times of asking.

I answer all questions Pete....  why did the club extend Barry Holgate & Baines? Because they clearly offered them contracts and they signed them.  They never said in any part that they offered Ross a contract and he rejected it....Martinez said it would be discussed in the summer and added that Barkley is a player to build a team around but he has to want to be there for that to happen.... make of that what you will.

Koeman came in and said they would look at Barkleys contract in the new year.... after a sustained period of persecution. Of which Barkley never signed....  They are the facts..... 

Now is Gana Gueye the worst player to wear a blue shirt? Answer it. Don't tell me you've answered it before..... you tell us that the worst player to play for Everton is Gana Gueye... I would be fine if you said he isn'ttt and that you exaggerated.  It would be cleansing for you.  Imagine the first time you admit you were wrong?

It's not about shouting and being nasty Pete.... nearly every person on here has been big enough from time to time to admit they got something wrong..... your desire to be right, to be niche is all encompassing and ruins what could be some decent posts and threads. 

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

montenegro are real world beaters, top notch team there.  watch out world cup

You can only beat who's put in front of you. 11 v 11 every time, much as people like to belittle the "minnows" anyone who plays international football for any country is a lot better than any of us ever were.

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

he was getting paid more than i will likely ever make in a salary in my life, and he was 18, i was playing for free.  i am not for the abuse, i think it's horrendous.  but the way the system works is those neanderthals paid for a ticket and can yell and scream at the players if they want to.  every club has those fans, so to act like that is to blame is missing the point, they are everywhere, so it's a moot point.  koeman/martinez, contract treatment sure that's debatable, but the fans yelling things is not in my opinion.  there is no safe place stadium in the UK or probably even the world, unless its a closed doors match.  

I don’t mean to sound like a dick Mark, but if you’ve not been stood in Goodison listening to a local kid get abused like this I don’t think you’ll understand where the likes of me, Matt and Haf are coming from. 

18 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

he was getting paid more than i will likely ever make in a salary in my life, and he was 18, i was playing for free.  i am not for the abuse, i think it's horrendous.  but the way the system works is those neanderthals paid for a ticket and can yell and scream at the players if they want to.  every club has those fans, so to act like that is to blame is missing the point, they are everywhere, so it's a moot point.  koeman/martinez, contract treatment sure that's debatable, but the fans yelling things is not in my opinion.  there is no safe place stadium in the UK or probably even the world, unless its a closed doors match.  

Paying for a ticket does not entitle you to scream abuse, that's a horrible argument. Were Montenegro fans justified in aiming monkey chants at England players just coz they bought a ticket? Where's the line? 

Football is used as an excuse by dickheads to act like dickheads. Yeah it's always been like that, but it doesn't mean you have to sit on your hands and accept it. 

Back to Barkley - I'd say his two performances for England in recent days just prove how shortsighted and stupid the Goodison boo boys were with him (as if any further proof was needed). A bit of time, a bit of maturity, a bit of support, and you've got a real player. Similar story with the England fans who booed Sterling at Euro 2016 - look at him now. I struggle to understand the level of stupidity it takes to boo or scream abuse at a young talented player on your team for making mistakes tbh. It's not a difficult concept - get behind them and give encouragement, they flourish. Throw abuse at them for not being Lionel Messi, they shrink into their shell and you see more and more inconsistency. You don't beat people into being better at anything. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

I answer all questions Pete....  why did the club extend Barry Holgate & Baines? Because they clearly offered them contracts and they signed them.  They never said in any part that they offered Ross a contract and he rejected it....Martinez said it would be discussed in the summer and added that Barkley is a player to build a team around but he has to want to be there for that to happen.... make of that what you will.

Koeman came in and said they would look at Barkleys contract in the new year.... after a sustained period of persecution. Of which Barkley never signed....  They are the facts..... 

Now is Gana Gueye the worst player to wear a blue shirt? Answer it. Don't tell me you've answered it before..... you tell us that the worst player to play for Everton is Gana Gueye... I would be fine if you said he isn'tttt and that you exaggerated.  It would be cleansing for you.  Imagine the first time you admit you were wrong?

It's not about shouting and being nasty Pete.... nearly every person on here has been big enough from time to time to admit they got something wrong..... your desire to be right, to be niche is all encompassing and ruins what could be some decent posts and threads. 

You've still not addressed it. 'make of that as you will' I've told you my interpretation. I'm asking why you'd dispute it, why a manager would add the extra. 

You say we clearly offered the others contracts yet offer no reason why we wouldn't have offered Barkley one. What is it that makes you so sure Barkley wasn't offered one? He was clearly favoured by the manager and the club has form for improving contacts way before they are up. 

See my posts in the Gana thread directly in response to you. That's the last I'm gonna respond your petty demand. Notice you do this sort of thing, try and waste someone's time as if that then makes you feel like you've 'won'. 

I fully explain my arguments and the logic I'm using. Even if you don't agree you can see where I'm coming from. As much can't be said about your arguments, well unless you read between the lines as the only explanation I can see for you Barkley argument is because you don't like Koeman. 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

You've still not addressed it. 'make of that as you will' I've told you my interpretation. I'm asking why you'd dispute it, why a manager would add the extra. 

You say we clearly offered the others contracts yet offer no reason why we wouldn't have offered Barkley one. What is it that makes you so sure Barkley wasn't offered one? He was clearly favoured by the manager and the club has form for improving contacts way before they are up. 

See my posts in the Gana thread directly in response to you. That's the last I'm gonna respond your petty demand. Notice you do this sort of thing, try and waste someone's time as if that then makes you feel like you've 'won'. 

I fully explain my arguments and the logic I'm using. Even if you don't agree you can see where I'm coming from. As much can't be said about your arguments, well unless you read between the lines as the only explanation I can see for you Barkley argument is because you don't like Koeman. 

Make of that as you will???  He is speaking rhetorically so you have to make of that what you will.  I deal with the facts at hand. Not difficult. 

I ended up disliking koeman - didn't start that way.  Nothing to do with Barkley... I was backing Barkley for a long time before koeman was on the scene... I gave moyes a lot of shit over Barkley so that's that angle stumped Einstein.

I knew you would try and bullshit your way out of saying whether gana is the worst player to wear a blue shirt and you actually proved me right.  I will keep asking... cos I know you wish you never said it but you are too weak to admit you are wrong on something.   Tough shit. 

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Make of that as you will???  He is speaking rhetorically so you have to make of that what you will.  I deal with the facts at hand. Not difficult. 

I ended up disliking koeman - didn't start that way.  Nothing to do with Barkley... I was backing Barkley for a long time before koeman was on the scene... I gave moyes a lot of shit over Barkley so that's that angle stumped Einstein.

I knew you would try and bullshit your way out of saying whether gana is the worst player to wear a blue shirt and you actually proved me right.  I will keep asking... cos I know you wish you never said it but you are too weak to admit you are wrong on something.   Tough shit. 

And you’re too weak to give it a rest. Enough please, it’s pathetic and infuriating for the rest of us. 

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

And you’re too weak to give it a rest. Enough please, it’s pathetic and infuriating for the rest of us. 

Don't involve yourself. If He is gonna get pissy and accuse someone of dodging questions then he can answer the one that he purposely avoids which exposes his MO. 

26 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Don't involve yourself. If He is gonna get pissy and accuse someone of dodging questions then he can answer the one that he purposely avoids which exposes his MO. 

I’m a mod, I don’t get a choice in involving myself in bickering. It’s the second time I’ve had to ask. You know the answer, he knows the answer, we all know the answer. Move on. 

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’m a mod, I don’t get a choice in involving myself in bickering. It’s the second time I’ve had to ask. You know the answer, he knows the answer, we all know the answer. Move on. 

Missing the point. And no you aren't being a mod in this matter either. 

22 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Missing the point. And no you aren't being a mod in this matter either. 

Not missing the point and yes, I am being a mod by asking you to stop. Arguing is one thing. Repeating the same question with the sole goal of, I honestly don’t know what, and calling people a coward because they don’t respond to said question is not debating or arguing. If you’ve got a problem with that, take it up with me or the other mods in a PM so the thread can get back on “track”. Or just drop the petty repetitive question and we can all move on. 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not missing the point and yes, I am being a mod by asking you to stop. Arguing is one thing. Repeating the same question with the sole goal of, I honestly don’t know what, and calling people a coward because they don’t respond to said question is not debating or arguing. If you’ve got a problem with that, take it up with me or the other mods in a PM so the thread can get back on “track”. Or just drop the petty repetitive question and we can all move on. 

No. It's a repetitive question because he refuses to answer it.  And with good fuckin reason...  the forum has gone ridiculous with the gana bullshit and nothing tops it more than his previous insistence that gana is the worst player to have worn a blue shirt.  The lukaku debate at least had some credence which has carried over to his time at United.

It's not you being a mod at all matt but if you wanna wear that hat then you knock yourself out.   Personally I'll ask the question again. Ban me if you want .. couldn't give a shit 

8 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Personally I'll ask the question again. Ban me if you want .. couldn't give a shit

You're not close to a warning never mind a ban mate; anyone who's ever watched a game of football knows that Gana is an average/decent/excellent player depending on perspective. Everybody knows the answer to the "worst player" question (even Palfy) because it's patently laughable. Let it go.

8 hours ago, hafnia said:

No. It's a repetitive question because he refuses to answer it.  And with good fuckin reason...  the forum has gone ridiculous with the gana bullshit and nothing tops it more than his previous insistence that gana is the worst player to have worn a blue shirt.  The lukaku debate at least had some credence which has carried over to his time at United.

It's not you being a mod at all matt but if you wanna wear that hat then you knock yourself out.   Personally I'll ask the question again. Ban me if you want .. couldn't give a shit 

He has answered it and you know it, you’re just being petty. 

Tell ya what. I’ve asked politely 3 times now, but that hasn’t worked. So, if I see you post something like “ask the question” I’ll just delete the comment, with my mod hat on. 

Dont want to ban you, hadn’t crossed my mind, and you know I’ve got a lot of time for you, usually, when you’re not doing this kind of shit. Which is why I’ve tried being polite. 

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Typlical game from him last night, some really impressive play then either he ran out of ideas, or ran into trouble, overall not impressed by him.

He still seems a better player than last we saw him on our side, it appears it was a good move for all (besides us getting hosed on the transfer fee). Ironic that we got Arsenal's 23 year old "Barkley". Hopefully the change in scenery provides a little more dramatic improvement for Iwobi.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I actually find him painful to watch if I’m honest, because he could (and should) be so much more. 

Couldnt agree more, he made some lovely turns and drove forward, then ran out of ideas quite a few times.

4 hours ago, Ghoat said:

Hopefully the change in scenery provides a little more dramatic improvement for Iwobi.

I've been impressed with what I've seem so far and will be happy if he carries on with his positive running. Couple of goals ain't bad either!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...