IGNORED

Ross Barkley

28 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Not sure we've got anyone "nasty" enough to do that, but it sounds like a plan.

Gana has it in him. Mina looks like he could be a bit of a nutter and do a Mori on him. 

As long as we just get players at him as soon as he gets the ball I can cope with no one giving him a kick. If we make him have to “think” quickly he’ll fuck up more often than not. 

17 hours ago, MikeO said:

Not sure we've got anyone "nasty" enough to do that, but it sounds like a plan.

if you see anyone with a spare set of boots (in case he loses one up Barkleys arse you will know who has him n their sights.

16 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Gana has it in him. Mina looks like he could be a bit of a nutter and do a Mori on him. 

As long as we just get players at him as soon as he gets the ball I can cope with no one giving him a kick. If we make him have to “think” quickly he’ll fuck up more often than not. 

yes I would like Mina to accidentally lose a boot

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Been watching Ross closely for Chelsea and he looks lost. He just gets the ball deep and makes five yard passes. Gone are the runs with the ball and beating a man. The lad looks scared playing for them I don’t think he will last long there 

He's got Newcastle written all over him. West Ham I would argue are now too good for him!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Not seen it but apparently he got a comedy assist for a City goal today.

I laughed. Hard. An assist king, is Ross. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

He tried to head it back to the keeper from 18 yards out and a penalty box full of players!

He really is thick as pig shit. When David Luiz looks perplexed at a fuck up you know you’ve done a big one. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Definitely thick. He thought it’d be a good idea to applaud the Gwladys Street end when he was subbed today. Needless to say, the boos for him just increased. 

He’d probably forgot that he doesn’t play for us any more to be fair. 

His thickness knows no bounds the fucking gimp. As if anyone with alhalf a brain would think he got anything hut a hostile reception. 

Also like Lukaku and Stones a player we have glaringly failed to replace. Watching him play for England tonight he is everything our midfield is missing. Fans can boo and call him a thick cunt all they want, he's the type of player other clubs aim to build a side round, we were too busy pointing out everything he couldn't do. Rinse and repeat with the latest crop of youngsters. 

6 minutes ago, nogs said:

Also like Lukaku and Stones a player we have glaringly failed to replace. Watching him play for England tonight he is everything our midfield is missing. Fans can boo and call him a thick cunt all they want, he's the type of player other clubs aim to build a side round, we were too busy pointing out everything he couldn't do. Rinse and repeat with the latest crop of youngsters. 

Martinez tried to build a team around him and gave him far too many minutes than he deserved in an effort to make him a better player. In return he shit on his boyhood club running his contract down. 

22 minutes ago, nogs said:

Had a very good game tonight I agree but I think, "everything our midfield is missing" is a stretch. If he played like that more often than not then I'd go along with it but he didn't.

14 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Martinez tried to build a team around him and gave him far too many minutes than he deserved in an effort to make him a better player. In return he shit on his boyhood club running his contract down. 

He did and he'll not be forgiven for that wherever his ability takes him.

10 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He was publicly criticised by Koeman who showed the extent of his knowledge of football by signing Klaassen as a replacement. He also got abuse from sections of the Goodison crowd that I don't think there's any excuse for any player wearing our shirt to get, let alone a young kid who has come through our ranks. 

30 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Had a very good game tonight I agree but I think, "everything our midfield is missing" is a stretch. If he played like that more often than not then I'd go along with it but he didn't.

He did and he'll not be forgiven for that wherever his ability takes him.

It's about mutual respect though. Too many fans of this club can't accept young players get better with time, encouragement and freedom to make mistakes. If you're 21 and some bellend (or several dozen) screams 'you're fucking shit you fucking cunt' every time you miss a pass, you end up sticking two fingers up. 

36 minutes ago, nogs said:

He was publicly criticised by Koeman who showed the extent of his knowledge of football by signing Klaassen as a replacement. He also got abuse from sections of the Goodison crowd that I don't think there's any excuse for any player wearing our shirt to get, let alone a young kid who has come through our ranks. 

Think his mind was already made up before Koeman joined. Which just goes to show how much of a rat he is. We gave everyone a new contract even players like Lukaku with no ties to us signed a new deal so we'd get a better fee for him. 

The abuse Barkley got was minimal given his performances. He was terrible at times and usually only got a few groans. The fans knew he was mentally weak and if anything give him an easier time. 

I loved Ross one of my favorite players and I’ll freely admit he was very hot and cold.  He was very very lazy when it came to defending, he is not Ronaldo or Messi and yet when the ball went the other way he sure acted like he was.  On his day he was excellent in attack, but those days were not all that often.  The pub fights and stealing girlfriends and gangster friends didn’t help either.  The way he left will alsways leave a sour taste for me.  

I've chronologically gone through this numerous times....

Martinez was sacked before Barkley contract discussions were due.   His talks were set for the summer - Martinez was sacked in the May.   

Koeman came in and delayed Barkleys contract talks till January 17.  Having issued extensions to Baines, Barry and holgate he said....

"We know it's about 18 months of contract. I think it's not the priority now. Of course, in the new year, we will have talks about his situation and about his future. But the priority now is playing and winning and we will see what happens in January."

In the time from this interview Barkley seemed to be subject to weekly interview beatings by Koeman.  He had already started his disgraceful mismanagement of Niasse which under any other industry would see him In front of HR getting a disciplinary. 

So.... whilst I'm not excusing Barkley..... take the 21 year old version of yourself and ask yourself how you would feel? 2 players who's legs were going getting extensions and one who hasn't made it as a regular getting one?   Throw in the level a of shit thrown at him from some fans and the manager exposing him rather than protecting him and he's prime pickings for his agent to turn his head to the money. 

Barkley remains an enigma... either brilliant or piss poor.   We have spent somewhere in the region of £90m including wages so far to have 3 players in the squad to do his job. Klaasen, Gylfi and Rooney.   Whilst Gylfi is the better player it's not improbable that Ross would have flourished under Silva. 

Ross has been a nob and the wheels were set in place by Koeman. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I've chronologically gone through this numerous times....

Martinez was sacked before Barkley contract discussions were due.   His talks were set for the summer - Martinez was sacked in the May.   

Koeman came in and delayed Barkleys contract talks till January 17.  Having issued extensions to Baines, Barry and holgate he said....

"We know it's about 18 months of contract. I think it's not the priority now. Of course, in the new year, we will have talks about his situation and about his future. But the priority now is playing and winning and we will see what happens in January."

In the time from this interview Barkley seemed to be subject to weekly interview beatings by Koeman.  He had already started his disgraceful mismanagement of Niasse which under any other industry would see him In front of HR getting a disciplinary. 

So.... whilst I'm not excusing Barkley..... take the 21 year old version of yourself and ask yourself how you would feel? 2 players who's legs were going getting extensions and one who hasn't made it as a regular getting one?   Throw in the level a of shit thrown at him from some fans and the manager exposing him rather than protecting him and he's prime pickings for his agent to turn his head to the money. 

Barkley remains an enigma... either brilliant or piss poor.   We have spent somewhere in the region of £90m including wages so far to have 3 players in the squad to do his job. Klaasen, Gylfi and Rooney.   Whilst Gylfi is the better player it's not improbable that Ross would have flourished under Silva. 

Ross has been a nob and the wheels were set in place by Koeman. 

Agree completely, but I think a lot of the blame goes to Martinez for poor man management. He needed discipline/tough love, not having his arse kissed all the time, or at least a mix of both. He was given free reign without consequence and that meant he was directionless 

We gave players with longer time on their contacts extensions. Why would we wait for Barkley? He played every week and was on the fringes of the England squad. We reward players with new contracts far too easily imo, we give players who have only been here a year new contracts with better wages only to extend their contract a year more in our favour but it keeps the player happy. Logically it's more likely we offered Barkley one than not.  Would also explain why we brought in replacements in preparation for the inevitable. 

The Everton manager said: “We will probably look at it in the summer. As I’ve said before, Ross is not a young man any more. He’s a player you can build a project on. When you want to build a project it is about a player who wants to play for Everton and wants to take that role. It is one thing as a manager wanting to do something, if the player doesn’t feel the same way then you cannot do it.

But at the moment we have to concentrate on what we can achieve from now until the end of the season. What you are going to do in the final 12 games of the season will allow you to have a real strong ending, and that’s where the focus is. The FA Cup is another real strong focus for us, and the role of Ross Barkley will be vital to what we can achieve.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/05/roberto-martinez-ross-barkley-everton-contract

Why wait until the end of the season when we often have players renew in year? 

Why add the caveat you can only build the team around a player if he's willing. Says to me that Martinez already knew Barkley had his head turned.