IGNORED

Ross Barkley

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I hear he put in a typical Ross Barkley performance last night i.e. he was mostly invisible and lost the ball a lot.

Thought he did OK although it was typical in that every good thing he did he balanced it off with something stupid. Positionally it was probably as good as I have ever seen from him too.

44 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Thought he did OK although it was typical in that every good thing he did he balanced it off with something stupid. Positionally it was probably as good as I have ever seen from him too.

He didn’t create a single chance and more than half of his passes were sideways or backwards. Doesn’t even sound close being an ok performance. 

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He didn’t create a single chance and more than half of his passes were sideways or backwards. Doesn’t even sound close being an ok performance. 

Was a 5/6 performance looking at a number of sources, didn't watch it personally; started to but the lack of crowd was too annoying. 

I know he’s not popular amongst people here - perhaps rightly so. I just feel, with our current team now we would have seen the best of him in that second midfielder role. Pacey front 3 keeps opposition defensive line deeper, giving him space to run into and a lot less pressure on him, in terms of every attack having to come out of him. 

In games that the front 3 don’t break a defence, a long shot from Ross or Gylfi is sometimes what you need. 

On 13/10/2018 at 14:25, Romey 1878 said:

First half he was very safe, almost like he was trying not to make a mistake but as the game went on he was the only person trying to do anything and he wasnt getting much help from those around him.

It was just a very controlled performance against an elite international central midfield. Not bad, not good but OK. 

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

First half he was very safe, almost like he was trying not to make a mistake but as the game went on he was the only person trying to do anything and he wasnt getting much help from those around him.

It was just a very controlled performance against an elite international central midfield. Not bad, not good but OK. 

He's there to create and he played more passes sideways and backwards than forwards. Making it hard to create. 

If you see that as an ok performance etc then fair play. Personally, without seeing it, I'd say his balls shrivelled up, once again, and he shat his pants.

He's starting again tonight and I'd put money on him being absolutely pointless. A game we need him to step up in and show the quality he does possess? Can't see it.

Another who flatters to deceive..... dines out on moments of brilliance and has an inherent talent that few footballers possess with his size, strength, skill, two good feet..... but unfortunately lacks something between the ears.

There have been many players with less ability than this lad go on to be world class. But no player with his footballing I.Q has ever gone so far in the game. 

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's there to create and he played more passes sideways and backwards than forwards. Making it hard to create. 

If you see that as an ok performance etc then fair play. Personally, without seeing it, I'd say his balls shrivelled up, once again, and he shat his pants.

He's starting again tonight and I'd put money on him being absolutely pointless. A game we need him to step up in and show the quality he does possess? Can't see it.

Good job you didnt bet! Great ball for the 3rd.

7 hours ago, Bailey said:

Good job you didnt bet! Great ball for the 3rd.

So he does one thing and that means he was awesome? Yeah alright mate, my money would still have been safe. Other than that ball (which was absolutely fantastic) I didn’t know he was on the pitch. That is Ross Barkley all over. He’s a massive frustration. You know he’s got the ability but he doesn’t show it enough. 

My problem with him is that I know he’s good enough to be amongst the best ability-wise but his application is just not there. There’s no way on this planet Dele Alli should be thought of as a better player than Barkley. Barkley has so much more natural ability than him, it’s not even close. But Alli applies himself better and Barkley is firmly in his shadow. 

Barkley isn’t a kid any more and it’s time he took his head out of his arse. And it’s time people stopped blowing smoke up his arse for any little thing. Push the lad to be what he should be instead. 

On 16/10/2018 at 04:26, Romey 1878 said:

So he does one thing and that means he was awesome? Yeah alright mate, my money would still have been safe. Other than that ball (which was absolutely fantastic) I didn’t know he was on the pitch. That is Ross Barkley all over. He’s a massive frustration. You know he’s got the ability but he doesn’t show it enough. 

My problem with him is that I know he’s good enough to be amongst the best ability-wise but his application is just not there. There’s no way on this planet Dele Alli should be thought of as a better player than Barkley. Barkley has so much more natural ability than him, it’s not even close. But Alli applies himself better and Barkley is firmly in his shadow. 

Barkley isn’t a kid any more and it’s time he took his head out of his arse. And it’s time people stopped blowing smoke up his arse for any little thing. Push the lad to be what he should be instead. 

🎏

All I have said is that he has done alright, nothing special, just well enough. I never said he was awesome and I havent said anything that would qualify as blowing smoke up his arse. He did well in that Spain game and again when he came on against Utd in my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not seen him play yet, but hasn’t he scored in his last three? And two assists yesterday too?

i must be in the minority of people who want to see him succeed. Maybe because I like seeing footballers reach their potential, and his was always massive. Maybe it’s because the knobhead who sits next to me at the match has talked shit about him since day one. 

17 minutes ago, StevO said:

Not seen him play yet, but hasn’t he scored in his last three? And two assists yesterday too?

i must be in the minority of people who want to see him succeed. Maybe because I like seeing footballers reach their potential, and his was always massive. Maybe it’s because the knobhead who sits next to me at the match has talked shit about him since day one. 

His treatment was pretty shit imo. Koeman was a fat prick of a bully and some fans need to hang their heads in shame "fuckin shit you Barkley laadddd!!!"  Audible on live TV from an Everton fan as he was taking a corner.  

Lacks a brain, a bit sensitive but has all the tools to play football.   Never had anyone making good runs for him.  I'd love to have seen him with richarlison. 

48 minutes ago, hafnia said:

His treatment was pretty shit imo. Koeman was a fat prick of a bully and some fans need to hang their heads in shame "fuckin shit you Barkley laadddd!!!"  Audible on live TV from an Everton fan as he was taking a corner.  

Lacks a brain, a bit sensitive but has all the tools to play football.   Never had anyone making good runs for him.  I'd love to have seen him with richarlison. 

Couldn’t agree more mate. 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

"I know some of the players and how they play so I have an advantage" 

Works both ways that one Ross 🤯

Swarm him and give him a kick nice and early. Take time away from him and hit him hard and the lad will disappear. 

I just wish it was at Goodison so he could really hear the fans. He might’ve even cried then. 

27 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Swarm him and give him a kick nice and early. Take time away from him and hit him hard and the lad will disappear. 

I just wish it was at Goodison so he could really hear the fans. He might’ve even cried then. 

🤣 You orrible bastard "Sean Bean voice"