IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’m sure he’s a bit inconsistent but he seems a proper winger.

As many have said before, wingers generally are inconsistent. But the lad seemed to get stuck in and battle unlike others we’ve been linked with who flop to the ground and pout. All this based on the 1-2 times he played us though!

6 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Rumours on twitter last night that Allen Maxim at Newcastle is our top target and morishi wants a marquee player aswell 🤷🏼‍♂️

5 hours ago, Makis said:

That rumour was started by none other than Chico the great troll.

As Makis said - this chap started the rumour to wind Newcastle fans up.

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Whilst St Maximin is undoubtedly got some talent he would be a nightmare to play with. He just does his own thing and if it works then great but most of the time it doesn't. He reminds me of Bolasie if I am honest, more concerned about his tricks than doing what is required for the team.

Imagine him on the left and Bolasie on the right - no one on the pitch will know what will happen next!!!

Could be the best attack ever.......or the greatest fail 🤣

Makes business sense - £2m after his release clause for a player AC Milan were ready to pay £10m (which we would have received a percentage of) for in January - he’d have a good sell-on regardless. Maybe he’s ready to put a bit of pressure on Digne - we’ll need another left-back option (guessing the young French lad will be going out on loan or in the u23s).

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

No, nothing like that. But we didn’t deem him good enough a year ago and he won’t be first choice if we did bring him back. If he’s thinking it through properly he’ll go somewhere he’ll keep playing every week. 

I suppose with Baines out of the picture now, he’ll at least feel he’s ‘next in line’. He’d probably be back-up to Stevens initially at Sheff Utd and Bryan at Fulham - obviously neither are anywhere near the quality of Digne.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

No, nothing like that. But we didn’t deem him good enough a year ago and he won’t be first choice if we did bring him back. If he’s thinking it through properly he’ll go somewhere he’ll keep playing every week. 

Admittedly i didn't really rate him. However maybe he wanted to go to prove himself and the staff wanted to keep him. Who knows? 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

17 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Admittedly i didn't really rate him. However maybe he wanted to go to prove himself and the staff wanted to keep him. Who knows? 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-antonee-robinson-reveals-details-18771406

Just seen this article that seems to clear it up. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

The main point I was making is that he won’t play here. It would be stupid of him to go from playing every week to coming here and doing fuck all, because he is never in a million years getting in ahead of Digne.

If he’s intelligent he’ll steer clear of our interest. For the sake of his progression I hope he does as well. 

This isn't a rumour for us as such but Butland is apparently available for around £8-10million. 

When he was in the premiership I thought he was in the quite big group of non elite keepers but also not terrible. I'm not sure how he has done since his injury for Stoke however I am guessing not too great but its quite clear he hasn't wanted to leave for a while.

If a new challenge perks him up that fee will double. Would anyone take him to play 2nd string to Pickford with the realistic chance that Pickford might continue to fuck things up?

38 minutes ago, Bailey said:

This isn't a rumour for us as such but Butland is apparently available for around £8-10million. 

When he was in the premiership I thought he was in the quite big group of non elite keepers but also not terrible. I'm not sure how he has done since his injury for Stoke however I am guessing not too great but its quite clear he hasn't wanted to leave for a while.

If a new challenge perks him up that fee will double. Would anyone take him to play 2nd string to Pickford with the realistic chance that Pickford might continue to fuck things up?

Before he moved to Stoke I would have taken Birmingham's arm off for him but not now. He was actually dropped for a spell after some horrendous mistakes and whereas he's earned his place back, the fact that nobody has taken a punt on him (even in the Championship) shows that he has very much found his level. 

He could have been so much more, so it's a shame really but signing Butland would only be a continuation of the problem we have now - Pickford is bulletproof as there's nobody to replace him. 

If we sign a goalkeeper, it needs to be someone at first-time level to at least replace Jordan when his form dips, IMO we should be looking on the continent.

50 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Sign a keeper that makes too many mistakes to put pressure on a keeper that is making too many mistakes? I don't get the logic at all.

39 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Before he moved to Stoke I would have taken Birmingham's arm off for him but not now. He was actually dropped for a spell after some horrendous mistakes and whereas he's earned his place back, the fact that nobody has taken a punt on him (even in the Championship) shows that he has very much found his level. 

He could have been so much more, so it's a shame really but signing Butland would only be a continuation of the problem we have now - Pickford is bulletproof as there's nobody to replace him. 

If we sign a goalkeeper, it needs to be someone at first-time level to at least replace Jordan when his form dips, IMO we should be looking on the continent.

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Sign a keeper that makes too many mistakes to put pressure on a keeper that is making too many mistakes? I don't get the logic at all.

I admit I haven't seen a lot of him over the last couple of seasons and that as Zoo says is probably for a reason. He was England #1 ahead of Pickford until he got injured and now he has seemingly disappeared into the wilderness. I just saw his name crop up somewhere along with his price and thought it raised my brow.

He seems desperate to leave Stoke (dont blame him) so it will be interesting to see where he goes and how he fares.