IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

5 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Seeing some rumors floating around on Twitter that we’re interested in bringing Barkley back. 

50/50 on this, bags of talent, still only 28.  Better than Gomes, Delph, Davies.   Would have to take a pay cut or Chelsea subsidise/pay him off. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

Apparently it'll be on a free transfer.

Yeah I’m aware of that piece, I’m thinking of wages… must be on near £150k a week.  I wouldn’t go more than £60k and make the rest performance related to take him up to a max of £100k. The other slack needs picking up by Chelsea. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah I’m aware of that piece, I’m thinking of wages… must be on near £150k a week.  I wouldn’t go more than £60k and make the rest performance related to take him up to a max of £100k. The other slack needs picking up by Chelsea. 

I just wouldn't go near him at all.

It'd be the same sort of atmosphere getting created that our last manager brought. Obviously not on such a big scale but you're going to divide the fanbase with this one again. You'll have fans booing him when his name is read out before a game, fans booing him while he's actually playing.

No, whatever my feelings about him as a player and what he did when he left, I think this would be a terrible move to make.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I just wouldn't go near him at all.

It'd be the same sort of atmosphere getting created that our last manager brought. Obviously not on such a big scale but you're going to divide the fanbase with this one again. You'll have fans booing him when his name is read out before a game, fans booing him while he's actually playing.

No, whatever my feelings about him as a player and what he did when he left, I think this would be a terrible move to make.

Possibly yeah, the fans were able to get behind Rooney… and he kissed the man United badge. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Possibly yeah, the fans were able to get behind Rooney… and he kissed the man United badge. 

A lot of time had passed though, and he had gone some way to fixing it by apologising etc. Barkley has done none of that.

I just don't see it being a good move in any way.

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Rooney didn’t want to leave. 
Ross did. 

That said, he’s better than what we’ve got and the price is right so I’d have no issue with it. 

8 hours ago, Billwelshblue said:

Barkley would be OK if we can't get our other targets ie MGW. He is on a free and I can't see a que for him

Ross is on a free? That's the only scenario where I would take him back. Let him come grovelling back with a point to prove and apologies to make :lol:

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Rooney booted Kenwrights office door demanding to leave. 

Not having that at all. I know enough people close to his Dad back then from the boxing scene who’ve always said the same, he didn’t want to leave. He was put in the same boat as Gary Speed, throw them under the bus to save someone else’s skin.  Rooney all but admitted on Tony Bellews podcast he never wanted to leave and being in tears about it. 

We all know Kenwright had to sell him because the bank wanted their money back. 

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I wouldn't call him an extra quality midfielder but he is definitely better than we have! 

I'm a bit worried that most of the serious rumours have a Chelsea / Wolves link. Do we even have scouts? 🤣

It’s for that reason I think most rumours are bollocks. 

On 08/07/2022 at 17:16, Matt said:

Ross is on a free? That's the only scenario where I would take him back. Let him come grovelling back with a point to prove and apologies to make :lol:

Sad thing is both Everton and Barkley himself have progressed backwards about exactly the same since he left… 

I’d have him back though purely because we are skint and shit.

4 hours ago, Btay said:

Sad thing is both Everton and Barkley himself have progressed backwards about exactly the same since he left… 

I’d have him back though purely because we are skint and shit.

I’m pretty much at that point too even though I don’t want him back. It’s clear and obvious we need something(anything) to help the midfield.