IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

He's got a better rate this season of assists/goals per minute played, even with his sporadic playing time, than Lukaku and Mirallas. I was thinking he had dropped off. But, it seems his issues at Sevilla have more to do with his attitude than anything. I think he enjoyed playing under Roberto, and I think we can get him at his best here. So, even with the attitude issues, I think he's worth a try.

Love to have him but he'd see us as a stepping stone to "better" things I think; I'm fine with that if we get a good couple of seasons and a decent profit.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. Nothing wrong with a player seeing us as a stepping stone as long as they perform well enough for them to also be a stepping stone for us to bigger and better things. If a player sees us as a stepping stone but helps us achieve champions league football or an FA cup, then I'd say that's a mutually beneficial arrangement!

Love to have him but he'd see us as a stepping stone to "better" things I think; I'm fine with that if we get a good couple of seasons and a decent profit.

I agree completely, ill never have in issue with a young player coming, playing hard and well for the club and moving to a bigger club when the time comes. Its the lateral career moves that piss me off ( Ala peanuts to tottenham )

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-transfers-gerard-deulofeu-winger-9359975

I firmly believe that if he was signed permanently, and had somewhere to really call home where he was loved (which he would be here) that he'd be an absolute star. It might not be this coming season when he became that star but I'd be confident it'd come. His potential is sky high and I'd love it if it happened in the royal blue of Everton.

Get him and a proper number 10 this summer and I'd start believing that Roberto has a clue again.

Yes please. Price should have dropped after the Sevilla stint so go get him bill!

In La Liga's "Worst team of the season".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3096094/Thomas-Vermaelen-named-Spanish-league-WORST-team-season-despite-playing-just-one-game-Barcelona.html

....and only two years left on his contract. Should be affordable.

In La Liga's "Worst team of the season".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3096094/Thomas-Vermaelen-named-Spanish-league-WORST-team-season-despite-playing-just-one-game-Barcelona.html

....and only two years left on his contract. Should be affordable.

Do we apply the same ridicule as was directed at Origi?

edit: These worst XI are a disgrace, in my opinion.

Edited by Matt

Yes please. Price should have dropped after the Sevilla stint so go get him bill!

I hope he's this summer's big signing and suspect there's a real chance. As you say, his currency has dropped at Sevilla, there's less time left on his contract, and we're a known quantity for him. Of course, we can interpret things all ways, but, if we were looking to bring him in, the last thing we'd say in public is that it will happen - because that's undercutting your negotiation strength before even starting.

I hope we find someone better. Really, people saw him showboat a few times and think he's the answer. He went missing most of the time and his overall workrate was very questionable. Not to mention his decision making. When he played in front of Coleman, Coleman often had to defend against two players because Deulofeu wouldn't track back. Subsequently Coleman couldn't go forward at all.

And apparently he has a poor attitude: http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2015/4/13/8405643/sevilla-are-unhappy-with-gerard-deulofeus-attitude

I still wouldn't mind him here at the right price especially since we are short on wingers but he's not going to be the answer to our problems. I'd rather see a playmaker being the big signing.

I hope we find someone better. Really, people saw him showboat a few times and think he's the answer. He went missing most of the time and his overall workrate was very questionable. Not to mention his decision making. When he played in front of Coleman, Coleman often had to defend against two players because Deulofeu wouldn't track back. Subsequently Coleman couldn't go forward at all.

And apparently he has a poor attitude: http://www.barcablaugranes.com/2015/4/13/8405643/sevilla-are-unhappy-with-gerard-deulofeus-attitude

I still wouldn't mind him here at the right price especially since we are short on wingers but he's not going to be the answer to our problems. I'd rather see a playmaker being the big signing.

Its not just me then!

The one thing he has going for him is his potential. Being young, his mentality can be corrected with good coaching. This footballing ability isn't in question for me, it was always his workrate - the mistakes of trying to dribble too much or be too tricky will be learnt.

I'm going back and forth in my head on this, it all comes down to the money. Like you, Makis, AMC is the more important position to fill. I do wonder though, could Gerry be converted to the middle? With his pace and trickery, with Lukaku directly ahead and ideally Barkley behind, thats potentially incredible.

so bad with coleman that coleman won player of the year.

I don't think people think he's the answer far from it but he's young knows the club and has undeniable talent and potential that in todays world could be relatively cheap

We massively lack creativity and that much needed spark in games and he'd give us that but as with Ross he does try to much at times and could help put more defensively but that should come with experience

Saying that I don't personally want players constantly tracking back when we play two defensive/holding midfielders that don't have the quality of the above to go forward they can do their jobs that's part and parcel of why we've been so shit going forward we need players of Delafaou's ilk to bomb forward

Edited by EFC-Paul