IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

I just can't wait till Villa...excited isn't the word.

Just imagine what five goals confidence is going to give him, he must feel like a world beater at the moment.

At the same time we need to make sure we don't expect too much from him......two goals and two assists should be enough.

I just can't wait till Villa...excited isn't the word.

Just imagine what five goals confidence is going to give him, he must feel like a world beater at the moment.

At the same time we need to make sure we don't expect too much from him......two goals and two assists should be enough.

Imagine how much you'll deflate if he's named on the bench :lol:.

Blimey lads... RM hasn't even dropped him and we have gone into a hate Martinez mode.

Its like Frank Doberman - the Harry Enfield character.

"I admire Martinez and his sartorial elegence when he stands cross armed whilst watching Everton have 75% possession, the man has a passion for playing football the right way..... but if he was to drop Gerard Deulofeu who had just scored 2 goals in midweek for his country I would say..... "Oi Martinez!!!! No!!! - You may have brought the school of science back to Everton, but if you drop Deulofeu again I will drop you on your catalonian backside!!!"

"and you'd be quite right to do so Frank"

Blimey lads... RM hasn't even dropped him and we have gone into a hate Martinez mode.

Its like Frank Doberman - the Harry Enfield character.

"I admire Martinez and his sartorial elegence when he stands cross armed whilst watching Everton have 75% possession, the man has a passion for playing football the right way..... but if he was to drop Gerard Deulofeu who had just scored 2 goals in midweek for his country I would say..... "Oi Martinez!!!! No!!! - You may have brought the school of science back to Everton, but if you drop Deulofeu again I will drop you on your catalonian backside!!!"

"and you'd be quite right to do so Frank"

Very good :lol:.

I reckon he is like a pig in shit. Barca won't come in for him. I can see a gentlemans agreement. Stones going there. Never seen a centre half so made for that team

Agreed. Plus at barca Gerry would be a super sub, here he's a star player and starter. Maybe later on he goes back but for now he's getting more game time than even Pedro used to get.

I agree on the stones thing too. 50m and we keep Gerry, I'm fine with that if it is. Mori is solid and Galloway too, we'll be fine.

Agreed. Plus at barca Gerry would be a super sub, here he's a star player and starter. Maybe later on he goes back but for now he's getting more game time than even Pedro used to get.

I agree on the stones thing too. 50m and we keep Gerry, I'm fine with that if it is. Mori is solid and Galloway too, we'll be fine.

Amen brother. If we sell stones or lukaku or both we have to make a statement to the rest of the squad and younger players and spend the whole amount on players. You cannot replace a stones I think they come along once in a decade but if it happens we need to carry on this youth drive. I've never been so excited about our future. Six months ago we were all worried about mirrallas. Granted I love the lad but the squad has moved on big time

£50m to Barca wouldn't make us a selling club - its a naturally accepted "pinnacle of career move". If we foster the relationship the right way then I think we could keep Gerry - we may also get the opportunity of developing some of their young talents the same way we have with Gerry.

Barca players are made for our style of play. I think Pique was being very clever in putting him in his world 11. He is gently tapping him up. John Terry did something similar earlier this year before Chelsea came in for Stones.

If Barca go for him then I expect Real to do so as well which then puts the likes of PSG, Man City on alert. Then thats when it gets very interesting....

He isn't going anywhere for a while yet, certainly not in the next two years. As good as he is and as well as he is progressing, he has to become one of the best three players on the planet to be getting in that Barca side. Don't worry lads. Enjoy him, hes a great talent, he has other great talents around him. If they develop together we can have a great few years on the horizon, if the team breaks up, well we should be used to that by now.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/royal-blue-evertons-strategy-spending-10478885

Is Geri's contract a clause for concern?

The details of Gerard Deulofeus transfer from Barcelona are somewhat complex.

Roberto Martinez this week explained the various clauses that were included in his £4.2m move from Barcelona in the summer.

Here goes...

Barca have a buy-back option at the end of the first two seasons of Deulofeus three year contract.

At the end of this first season, the Spanish giants can take Deulofeu back if they agree to pay 9m Euros.

At the end of the second season, that fee rises to 12m Euros.

Deulofeu's contract is complex - but makes sense for the Toffees

Martinez went onto explain that Barca couldnt buy the 21-year-old back and then immediately sell him on, for a tidy profit.

The contract stipulates that Deulofeu must go back into Barcas first-team squad for at least a season.

And at the end of that season?

Everton have first refusal to buy him back - or decide to take a decent percentage of any sell on fee.

We said it was complex.

The Blues boss says its a good deal, and hes right.

It might sound overly complicated but Barca were never going to let go of Deulofeu completely, or without a fight.

But lost in all of the intricacies is the desire of the player.

Barca may want Deulofeu back but its not cut and dry that hed want to return.

Deulofeu has been on his travels a lot for a player of his age, and talent, and has suggested that hes ready to find a home at Everton.

Maybe, just maybe, that will prove the clause that matters.

Edited by Matt

I agree. Surely he has to want to sign? I really don't think they'd sign him back unless they want to make a quick ten mill to sell him to us again? Anybody been watching Sergio Roberto for barca? Absolute class

spot on. if they are going to sign anyone it's nolito, former academy player and tearing the league apart. gerry is too young and unproven still. maybe at the end of next year i think for them, but still too small a sample size.