IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

• 2 weeks later...

Was thinking about this goal yesterday as for me it was a bit of a turning point in the current run of frustration, its 79 mins in and we're 2-0 up, you cant do anything about the way the ball drops, just bad luck, Kone seems caught in indecision and thinks the ball is gonna be played back to the corner only Barry really reacts when he realises the shots on but its too late.

What is Gerry doing?

• 2 weeks later...

seems like teams have sussed him out now. he will need to refine his game a little more to continue starting otherwise i can see lennon or mirallas getting time there. not getting down on gerry, still love him, but think he needs to add another element to his game.

Thought he was fine

seems like teams have sussed him out now. he will need to refine his game a little more to continue starting otherwise i can see lennon or mirallas getting time there. not getting down on gerry, still love him, but think he needs to add another element to his game.

Hmm, I reckon he did a good job. Just his final ball wasn't as sharp as it has been. That's just down to himself really.

Hmm, I reckon he did a good job. Just his final ball wasn't as sharp as it has been. That's just down to himself really.

I agree, said during the the game that he just got a bit over-excited by the occasion and the opposition so his range was a bit off. Teams might be able to "suss out" a player but even if they know what he's likely to do it doesn't mean they can stop him from doing it.

I agree, said during the the game that he just got a bit over-excited by the occasion and the opposition so his range was a bit off. Teams might be able to "suss out" a player but even if they know what he's likely to do it doesn't mean they can stop him from doing it.

I'm with Newty and Mike. He definitely didn't look sussed out tonight at all, he just didn't have his crossing boots on. He was dead on his feet when he was subbed because he'd put a hell of a lot of effort.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe we should get a proper defensive right back to release our right wing to focus on attack rather than running himself silly tracking back at every counter attack because the right back is out of position.Same applies to our left hand side to an extent.

How many goals and assists have Coleman and Baines had from open play this season ?

Just posted this on Facebook

I would like to explain a statement apparently made by me that has been recently published by some newspapers and that differ to what has been written down. My respect for Cristiano Ronaldo as a professional football player is absolute but I never said that it is my will to follow in his footsteps. Praising some of his football skills means nothing more than this. I would ask for less sensationalism in newspapers and to confirm the news and the statements before publishing them.

In response to this - http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/490303/Everton-ace-I-want-to-follow-in-Cristiano-Ronaldo-s-footsteps

yeah I don't see anywhere in the interview where he starts piping up about needing to play for a big club or anything like that. He seems to know how to respond to interview questions without creating a stir does the lad... very respectful to his current employers.

Maybe Gerry should gives classes to other players in how to answer interview questions without creating controversy - I mean fair play to him, his English is pretty basic but he has the grasp of it.

I think it helps that he's genuinely liked here and he wants to do well.

I think he knows more than anyone else that playing first team football for a club whose fans will love you if you "understand" them counts for a lot.

This lad has been treated like a prince all his footballing life. What I like about him is that he is very humble considering all this. He is possibly the most tehnically talented player we have had in a long time - but he isn't getting ideas above his station.

Good for you Gerry. Gerry, Besic and Mori are among my fav players - they are passionate about the game and seem to really connect with the fans. It's what we want to see isn't it?

For what though? I think i'm either being thick or some Everton fans are finding anything to have a go at.

Bet you anything it's Barca fans getting pissy at one of their former golden boys wanting to emulate Real Madrid's current star in Ronaldo. Anyone complaining wouldn't have read past the headline either I imagine.