IGNORED

Predict our result - 2014/2015 season

Cornish Steve

Congratulations to AlbanyNYToffee and MC11, joint winners this week. They predicted both the correct score and one of the goalscorers. For the month of October, Romey1878 held on to his lead to come out top. For the season as a whole, however, he's been overtaken by MikeO - who also has the highest number of points per prediction. Here's this week's table. Note that I've also added our combined average score, which, this week, was spot on.

October26_zps0dfe3a63.jpg

Congratulations to AlbanyNYToffee and MC11, joint winners this week. They predicted both the correct score and one of the goalscorers. For the month of October, Romey1878 held on to his lead to come out top. For the season as a whole, however, he's been overtaken by MikeO - who also has the highest number of points per prediction. Here's this week's table. Note that I've also added our combined average score, which, this week, was spot on.

October26_zps0dfe3a63.jpg

I don't get your points scoring.

I predicted 1-3 Lukaku

You give me 6 points.

1 point correct outcome (win)

1 point correct overall score (3-1)

1 point correct away score (3)

1 point correct home score (1)

1 point correct goal difference (2 goals)

1 point correct goalscorer anytime (Lukaku)

1 point better than average (I'm marked better than average)

That's 7 points

I don't get your points scoring.

I predicted 1-3 Lukaku

You give me 6 points.

1 point correct outcome (win)

1 point correct overall score (3-1)

1 point correct away score (3)

1 point correct home score (1)

1 point correct goal difference (2 goals)

1 point correct goalscorer anytime (Lukaku)

1 point better than average (I'm marked better than average)

That's 7 points

The colour code explains why 6 points.

• 1 point for a correct outcome
  • 1 point for the correct home score
  • 1 point for the correct away score
  • 1 point for the correct goal difference
  • 1 point for a better-than-average score

That's 5 points - which is always what you get for predicting the correct score.

• 1 point for predicting one of the goal scorers (Lukaku). If you had predicted Eto'o, you would have received 2 points - plus 3 bonus points for getting everything.

So where's the problem?

The colour code explains why 6 points.

• 1 point for a correct outcome
  • 1 point for the correct home score
  • 1 point for the correct away score
  • 1 point for the correct goal difference
  • 1 point for a better-than-average score
That's 5 points - which is always what you get for predicting the correct score.

• 1 point for predicting one of the goal scorers (Lukaku). If you had predicted Eto'o, you would have received 2 points - plus 3 bonus points for getting everything.
So where's the problem?

So why in your box have you got:

Correct score (1) is that just there for show?

So why in your box have you got:

Correct score (1) is that just there for show?

You're right that it's confusing, and I'll change it the next time. Previously, I had a line there that showed 5 points for a correct score - totalled as I mentioned above. I changed the wording to clarify, but all I've done is make it even more unclear. Sorry. Rest assured, though, that the points are calculated consistent with the rules defined at the start of the thread. It's my explanation in the box that is wrong.

You're right that it's confusing, and I'll change it the next time. Previously, I had a line there that showed 5 points for a correct score - totalled as I mentioned above. I changed the wording to clarify, but all I've done is make it even more unclear. Sorry. Rest assured, though, that the points are calculated consistent with the rules defined at the start of the thread. It's my explanation in the box that is wrong.

I think correct score prediction should have it's added bonus as it's harder to predict the correct result than it is to pick a goalscorer. But the rules are your rules I guess.

I think correct score prediction should have it's added bonus as it's harder to predict the correct result than it is to pick a goalscorer. But the rules are your rules I guess.

The points system is different than last year's - and, I think, better. For sure, though, I'm open to suggestions to improve things even more. Maybe there could indeed be a bonus point for predicting the exact score and 2 bonus points instead of 3 for getting everything right. During the World Cup, you were able to predict half-time scores, but, for the Premier League, this would be too time-consuming. I'm trying to find the right balance between what's fair, what's a true reflection of a person's ability to predict, and what doesn't create too much work each week for me! :)