IGNORED

Krasnodar (h)

markjazzbassist

We've already won our Europa League Group and advanced to the Round of 32. This is a game for youth and reserve players who need match fitness. Here's what I would like to see depending on if Gibson, Naisy, and Pienaar are fit

Robles

Hibbert Alcaraz Browning Garbutt

Ledson Gibson/Besic

Atsu/McGeady McAleny/Naismith Pienaar

Kone

Not in the slightest bit arsed about this game. I'm even considering giving it a miss. I hope he plays the kids, by that I mean not one first team regular.

Robles, Hibbert, browning, Galloway garbutt

Ledson some random u21s

Atsu more random u21s

Kone

Bench full of u18s

Rest every single player involved in the first team squad.

Bet be plays Barry and Howard though

Surely Kone, Atsu, and Robles will start. As McGeady played only 13-14 minutes v. Hull, and not at all v. City, I'd like to see him get some minutes.

Any "peripheral" fit player who doesn't start is guaranteed to be off in January; if Bobby won't pick you for this he sure as hell won't pick you ever.

Any "peripheral" fit player who doesn't start is guaranteed to be off in January; if Bobby won't pick you for this he sure as hell won't pick you ever.

Agreed. Kone, Robles, and Atsu seem the obvious peripheral and fit players. Not sure what to think about Oviedo and Pienaar. Wouldn't want to "waste" them in a meaningless match if not absolutely fully fit, but if both are in fact fully match-ready, then start one at LM, other on as sub second half.

Guest rusty747

I must admit I had forgotten about Oviedo and Pienaar. I would consider starting Oviedo ahead of Mcgeady or bringing him off the bench for Mcgeady. Love Pienaar but I fear his legs have gone.

We've already won our Europa League Group and advanced to the Round of 32. This is a game for youth and reserve players who need match fitness. Here's what I would like to see depending on if Gibson, Naisy, and Pienaar are fit

Robles

Hibbert Alcaraz Browning Garbutt

Ledson Gibson/Besic

Atsu/McGeady McAleny/Naismith Pienaar

Kone

What if this lineup crushes? (or any "out of the box" lineup, for that matter)

Or will it be difficult to judge anything in a meaningful way, because Kras has nothing to play for?

Edited by veedublin

What if this lineup crushes? (or any "out of the box" lineup, for that matter)

Or will it be difficult to judge anything in a meaningful way, because Kras has nothing to play for?

Doesn't really matter about the score line (we want to win obviously) more of a game to watch players fitness to gauge their readiness for first

Team action. I doubt Krasnodar will put a full strength side out as they need to focus on the Russian prem now. For the youngsters it's about Making an impression and hoping to win over the coaches to see some first team minutes.

Robles

Hibbert Browning Alcaraz Garbutt

Besic Ledson

Atsu Osman McGeady

Kone

Gibson, Oviedo and McAleny on for Ledson, McGeady and Osman respectively

If Howard, Coleman, Jags, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Mirallas or Lukaku are even on the bench i will be pissed. Barkley, Eto'o, Distin, Naisy wouldnt mind nearly as much

guaranteed to start confirmed in the press conference are:

Robels, Oviedo, Garbutt, Browning, Pienaar, Atsu and Kone will start.

Not sure where Oviedo will slot in with Garbutt a left back and PIenaar usually a left mid. Maybe Pienaar will move over.

That leaves 4 spots which I'm sure will include Ledson, as well as probably Kennedy. Not sure on the other 2.

Confirmed: Robles, Browning Garbutt, Alcaraz, Oviedo, Pienaar, Kone, McAleny. He also refused to name youngsters but did "slip" and say 2 youngsters.

That's 10 total players so one other TBD in the lineup. Most likely a first team player. McGeady/Atsu/Hibbert/Besic/Osman

Robles

?/Browning ?/Browning Alcaraz Garbutt

? ?

Pienaar McAleny Oviedo

Kone