IGNORED

Michael Keane

6 hours ago, Btay said:

Sooner he and Mina go the better. We are wasting so much in wages on these 2. Hopefully we can get a couple of attackers in, even on loan for the summer window.

In a way the World Cup is a blessing for us by not playing so many games before the summer window. 

Mina first please god Mina first. I have no idea why some think he is a good defender? Got absolutely bullied by the smaller lads last night. 
We used to call him Bambi on ice…. That’s a massive insult!

46 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Mina first please god Mina first. I have no idea why some think he is a good defender? Got absolutely bullied by the smaller lads last night. 
We used to call him Bambi on ice…. That’s a massive insult!

Yeah but he picked that lad up off the floor who was faking injury and he got in the face of their strikers! 

Sooner he’s gone the better. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Soton looking to loan him in according to the Atlantic. 

Really loving this Trojan horse idea of passing off our shit players to other relegation rivals!

If we loaned any of our players out to any team from Leicester and below, it would with out a doubt prove what an imbecilic club we have. And trust me Keane isn't as shit as some would argue, he would go to any of them teams and with the freedom of a clean slate make a difference and improve their results. 

Seems to me the only clubs interested in our fringe players are those in and around the relegation zone.

Unfortunately, it is also only going to be premier league clubs who can afford their wages.

There will be no interest from clubs higher up the table as they will not make their teams better, and the last thing we want to do is make any one of the team in the relegation fight mix slightly better.

What a mess.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Keane will always have a bad run of games, but when he's on it and in a good place there aren't many better. If he can stay in his good place for the rest of the season we have a much better chance of beating the drop than if he wasn't in the team. 

All things being equal, I genuinely believe he's our best defender.

He's got massive flaws, so I think that says more about the rest of our crop of CB's than it does about him like.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 03/05/2023 at 00:33, Goodison Glory said:

I'm starting to think Haf was right all along...Keane should be up front....to get him as far away from our goal as possible 😂

I’m not arsed about me being right, I’m more concerned about dyche being wrong.   This lad is a favourite of him and he’s prepared to die on that hill by the looks of things. 

watching Brighton last night de zerby will be hoping Keane plays, minitoma and march will get the ball and run at him.  He hasn’t got the feet to deal with them 

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not sure he'll give a shit who plays tbh because it's not like Mina or Coady are quick enough to deal with quick, nimble players either. We do not have a single CB that can deal with footballer's.

Like I've said many times, we have a stock of CB's that just aren't very good. You don't need all of your CB's to be quick or anything, but you must be able to partner them with someone that is. All of ours are a much of a muchness.

The one CB we had that was quick is Ben Godfrey, and he has now lost that pace and has never had the positional sense to be able to play there anyway.

Fucks sake, our recruitment is shite.

I’d play mina ahead of Keane.  Mina doesn’t often pass the eye test but his stats are no where near as bad as Keane.  We all know when Keane is in this current run of form jd needs time out. We can’t play him through it, lampard tried that. Gave him arm band etc. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not sure he'll give a shit who plays tbh because it's not like Mina or Coady are quick enough to deal with quick, nimble players either. We do not have a single CB that can deal with footballer's.

Like I've said many times, we have a stock of CB's that just aren't very good. You don't need all of your CB's to be quick or anything, but you must be able to partner them with someone that is. All of ours are a much of a muchness.

The one CB we had that was quick is Ben Godfrey, and he has now lost that pace and has never had the positional sense to be able to play there anyway.

Fucks sake, our recruitment is shite.

This.

Mina and Coady are more immobile than Keane. Mina is more aggressive and Coady is better on the ball but slower and weaker. Less said about Godfrey and Holgate the better.

Any one of those mentioned may come in and play better for a game or two, but you get bet your arse that after those couple of games, the same moans and groans will start coming about how shite they are and how someone else should get a go.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I’d play mina ahead of Keane.  Mina doesn’t often pass the eye test but his stats are no where near as bad as Keane.  We all know when Keane is in this current run of form jd needs time out. We can’t play him through it, lampard tried that. Gave him arm band etc. 

Who would you pick for the 60 minutes after Mina goes off injured?

• 5 weeks later...

I think Coady was dropped not because how he was playing, because the stats would disprove that, he was dropped imo because Dyche was trying to recreate something he had at Burnley a Tarkowski and Keane partnership, which I find rather confusing that you would change a decent partnership for something you liked in the past, it didn’t work out and sent us into a long run losses and large amount of goals conceded. Unless Dyche has the money and someone else lined up then Tarkowski and Keane are our best pairing for next season, which is a backwards step from Tarkowski and Coady. I really hope Dyche can see past his Burnley days and isn’t trying to create an Everton in their mould of a team that success was not being relegated. And for me getting rid of Coady a player who is confident in possession can play out from the back with a good range of passing concerns me as to the direction Dyche wants to take the team forward.  

• 2 months later...