IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

Well he was sitting on the bench for 45 minutes couldn't he have done it then.

He will not cut it here that's my opinion.

We have paid 13m for a video player.

I'm sure he could have done if he'd kept the instruction manual but it's no basis for assessing his ability on the pitch.

You really think our scouts spend their time watching YouTube? If so I might apply for a job, I could do that.

He can only be judged by what we've seen and that's very little even when he's been on the pitch. What I have seen is disappointing.

True some players take longer to adapt but I always maintain you can see class instantly.

Edited by MC11

?? he played the first half of the Russian league!! Payed full 90's dec 4 and 10 in league and europa. 3 months is correct from last match to joining us feb 1 but there is no way he just quit training and working out during the winter break, and if he did then why the fuck did we sign such a lazy bastard?

http://www.transfermarkt.com/oumar-niasse/leistungsdaten/spieler/209781

Our Players get a 6 week break and need 6 weeks to get match fit for the new season including a punishing camp. They have light maintenance exercises to do when on their 6 weeks but get essential rest for 7-10 days.

Niasse will have had pretty much the same amount of time off as a player does at the end of the season.

He may end up being shite. But ffs the lad has had the same time out from competitive football to joining us as mcgeady did.

I would have liked to have seen him more than we have but it's understandable that he won't be up to speed. Martinez wanted to wait till the summer but had to react to get him in Jan.

I want Martinez out but I'm not throwing him under the bus for niasse yet.

Tell me if he's not fit why is he on the bench ?

We have young players with lots of skill chomping at the bit toget on the bench.

If he didn't have to buy him he should have left it

Martinez said he wanted him in and around the squad as part of his getting up to speed and if he could get him some game time he would. Learn on the job so to speak. It's not like we have 4 strikers.

There's nothing hypocritical going on.

He can only be judged by what we've seen and that's very little even when he's been on the pitch. What I have seen is disappointing.

True some players take longer to adapt but I always maintain you can see class instantly.

Bilyaletdinov was class in his first match.

How is that relevant to what I've said?

Bily looked good but far from "class", maybe your class is different from mine . My point here though is you can always see if a player has a footballing brain, good technique etc. that never goes it's only fitness levels. No doubt it can improve depending on age but thats it for me . Maybe I'm looking for different things in new players

Edited by MC11

I don't think for any second that niasse is supposed to be a "footballing" striker.

he's a workhorse with good speed and power and his goal record is solid. There is a place for that type of player. The reality is that once that has gone then they disappear off the radar fast... they need to be at peak athletic powers.

Look at a few examples vassell, agbonlahor, Owen, lennon,walcott the second they lose the athletic edge they can't live at the top level. Players like brazils ronaldo managed to hang around because of their footballing class.

The thing that does concern me so far is that he was said to be a hard worker, who would give his all, but all I've seen so far is a very lazy player. Now I get that he's still getting his fitness up and adapting to the league so he can only do it in short bursts but that hasn't even been displayed.

Unimpressive so far I agree, but he must have something...

Oumar Niasse (Everton)
The forward’s first venture to Europe failed when he was 22, as injuries hampered his chances of making an impact at the Norwegian club Brann, so he returned to his native Senegal. But his compatriot and the former Reading defender Ibrahima Sonko recommended him to the Turkish club Akhisarspor, where he made such a strong impression that Lokomotiv Moscow snapped him up after a season. He was even more successful there and was voted 2015 Russian Player of the Year as a reward for the damage he did to opposing defences, scoring 13 goals and creating more. Now 25, Niasse can play either centrally or wide on the right, where his speed and dribbling power make him difficult to contain. Like his new Everton team-mate Romelu Lukaku, he needs to fine-tune his hold-up play and, furthermore, could do with adjusting his timing in terms of offsides but when running on to the ball, or with it, he can be marvellously destructive and is usually a smart finisher.

It's unfair to hang this lad out.

He's not being given a chance. A few minutes here and there. You've got no chance of settling into a rhythm.

Judge him when he's played a few games. Proper games.

Hahaha this is brilliant. I rewind you back to when you said in not so different words that "Mirallas has had his chance to prove himself and hadn't"

Hahaha this is brilliant. I rewind you back to when you said in not so different words that "Mirallas has had his chance to prove himself and hadn't"

Kev has played in excess of 100 games for us, Niasse the odd sub appearance.

Don't see how you can compare the two.

Kev has played in excess of 100 games for us, Niasse the odd sub appearance.

Don't see how you can compare the two.

I'm not comparing the two? If I did there'd be a no contest. What I'm highlighting is Newty (not too long ago) said that Mirallas had been given a chance to prove himself (this season) and he hadn't done it. Now he's saying Niasse can't be judged because he hasn't been given enough opportunities "to get in a rhythm. The same can quiet easily be said about Mirallas he's been completely fucked around. But that didn't suit his agenda that time round. You can't have it one and not the other. Mirallas should still be in the side. Another Martinez fuck up and by Baines comment maybe Martinez is the problem in the dressing room not Mirallas.