IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

The fact he only showed any sort of form/ability 12 months ago is worrying me.

I understand spending that money on seasoned professionals but this guy is very 'Michu'. Had a purple patch in Russia (lots of success from that league....not), we panicked (transfer window) and bought whoever was available. We only started scouting him midway through his purple patch season.

I also don't see it. Was hoping he'd be a hidden gem, nothing suggests he'll be anywhere near that.

Some have pointed out the "raw" terminology used by Rom to describe him. That term always freaks me out. It certainly suggests "not that good". If they were any good, terms like "promising", "impressive", "exciting" may be used more appropriately. Raw sounds too much of a negative.

Russian media quotes worried me from the off... http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/27633-oumar-niasse/?p=499164

Seriously...

The lads hardly been on the pitch yet and he's already written off!

I'm sure if I go research the Lukaku thread to it's beginnings he was written off completely by some and now look!

Can't we give him some time first before we start the "-he'll never make it" conversation.

Seriously...

The lads hardly been on the pitch yet and he's already written off!

I'm sure if I go research the Lukaku thread to it's beginnings he was written off completely by some and now look!

Can't we give him some time first before we start the "-he'll never make it" conversation.

Hasn't "Already been written off" but what people have seen, isn't all that great. Just a matter of opinion pal. One that we're sharing, on a forum, created for that very reason.

I have concerns that Trump will become President, not to say he will.

Given time Niasse might be a good player, but signs so far, haven't been great. That's all.

I think it will take a fair bit of time for him to settle into our system. We haven't given him a position to play and fit into yet, either. Roberto has just thrown him out there and hoped something would click into place. We won't see dividends on him until next season. He will need a preseason and plenty of match time to settle into a niche. His success isn't only dependent upon him, remember. If he's playing alone up top especially, the other players around him need to learn to anticipate what he will do. I feel like strikers are particularly difficult to bed in, especially if they aren't playing with a partner.

Either way, I'm not judging him based on two short cameos and one longer cameo that came with us down a man. Too early. Unorthodox player, yes. Will he not be productive? I can't say.

Raw generally means he's got attributes of an athlete/footballer but not the technical ability, whether the technical ability develops, comes with game time and confidence is the hope. Sadly majority of modern day fans give players, teams and managers no grace for voodoo like things such as confidence and make sweeping assertions or matter of fact statements.

Dogger = dog shit.

Maybe he IS the type we need.

Will he interesting to see how he responds to last week.

I lay no blame at Niasse's feet for how his start at the club has gone. I question Martinez' handling of him and blame that entirely. It just hasn't made any sense whatsoever.

I had no expectations of him when he was signed because I knew absolutely nothing about him. He may be a complete dud or he may go on to become a great player for us over the next few years. The early signs haven't been great but I'm willing to give him a chance.

Edited by Romey 1878

I lay no blame at Niasse's feet for how his start at the club has gone. I question Martinez' handling of him and blame that entirely. It just hasn't made any sense whatsoever.

I had expectations of him when he was signed because I knew absolutely nothing about him. He may be a complete dud or he may go on to become a great player for us over the next few years. The early signs haven't been great but I'm willing to give him a chance.

Sadly Martinez has done this to a few players, Distin, Mirallas, Cleverly centre mid played out wide. Square pegs round holes at times. I hope Niasse isn't another Kone!

He was unfit and injured when he was signed played a few minutes here and there then gets brought on for our best player when we're 2-0 up and down to 10 men. We go onto lose 3-2 I think that says more about our manager than the player.

Not sure how good or bad this player will be but if Mourinho was wanting him at Chelsea before he was sacked there must be something about him. Radio 4 has a world football show on in the early hours of Saturday morning and the Russian correspondent reckons he's a little ungainly, erratic doesn't always look like he knows what he's doing but scores goals! Only time will tell I'm not judging him till next season give him a full preseason and see what happens then.

He was unfit and injured when he was signed played a few minutes here and there then gets brought on for our best player when we're 2-0 up and down to 10 men. We go onto lose 3-2 I think that says more about our manager than the player.

Not sure how good or bad this player will be but if Mourinho was wanting him at Chelsea before he was sacked there must be something about him. Radio 4 has a world football show on in the early hours of Saturday morning and the Russian correspondent reckons he's a little ungainly, erratic doesn't always look like he knows what he's doing but scores goals! Only time will tell I'm not judging him till next season give him a full preseason and see what happens then.

This sentence is usually the nail in the coffin. Heard it so many times

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-striker-niasse-taking-longer-11124634

Bascially..."I may have made a slight boo boo".

Roberto Martinez has revealed Oumar Niasse is only at “50 to 60%” fitness after admitting the striker is taking longer to adapt at Everton than anticipated.

Niasse has made just four substitute appearances and featured for only 26 minutes since making a £13.5million move from Lokomotiv Moscow in January, having had a minor wrist operation shortly after his arrival.

The 25-year-old came off the bench in both games of Senegal's African Cup of Nations qualifying double header against Niger during the international break, and scored in a 2-1 win for his country in Dakar last Saturday.

With the Blues facing a spell of six games in 20 days – starting at Manchester United on Sunday – opportunity is likely to arise for Niasse.

But Martinez admits it could be some time before fans see why the forward became one of the most expensive players in the club's history.

“The adaptation period has been a little bit longer than we expected,” said the Blues boss.

Oumar came back with a little bit of a problem in his wrist and that set him back a little bit.

“From the work that he is doing, he is getting very close to being where he wants to be physically.

/2He's a player who needs to be 100% in order to be himself. He would tell you that probably he feels around 50 to 60% of his physical ability.

“We have to be very, very protective in that respect, having the player in the dressing room and Finch Farm, working towards getting him to his best level.

“The quicker we get through the adaptation period then the quicker we will see the real Oumar Niasse.”

Speaking when on international duty with Senegal last week, Niasse said: “My integration with my new club is going well.

“I have not yet started a game. I train and I feel good in the group. I think I can be established shortly.”

Edited by Lowensda

Martinez said when we signed him that he needed 60 full sessions to get to full fitness

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-new-boy-oumar-niasse-10827484

I'm not overly concerned as yet. It is clear just by looking at him that he is a player who will rely on physicality, athleticism and fitness, he's hardly a dimitar berbatov.

Martinez needs the sack for this alone £13-5 m for a poor championship type player.

I was onto this early with his excuses, Martinez that is,I watched Niasse at half time the last game it took him bout 5 min to tie his laces and he had slip on type boots on.

Let's be honest near 3 months out of football is longer than the players have at the end of the season and they get a pre season to prepare for the friendlies they have.

He literally had done nothing before joining us. Let's give him a chance before we get into kone style premature slating. He may end up being shite but let's at least give him a chance to prove it first..

Edited by Hafnia

Let's be honest near 3 months out of football is longer than the players have at the end of the season and they get a pre season to prepare for the friendlies they have.

He literally had done nothing before joining us. Let's give him a chance before we get into kone style premature slating. He may end up being shite but let's at least give him a chance to prove it first..

?? he played the first half of the Russian league!! Payed full 90's dec 4 and 10 in league and europa. 3 months is correct from last match to joining us feb 1 but there is no way he just quit training and working out during the winter break, and if he did then why the fuck did we sign such a lazy bastard?

http://www.transfermarkt.com/oumar-niasse/leistungsdaten/spieler/209781

Martinez needs the sack for this alone £13-5 m for a poor championship type player.

I was onto this early with his excuses, Martinez that is,I watched Niasse at half time the last game it took him bout 5 min to tie his laces and he had slip on type boots on.

I don't see how you can judge a player until you've seen him play a bit, and what does how long he took to put his boots on got anything to do with his ability :huh:?