IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

It was a puzzling selection. We have a team set up that relies on a target man to hold up the ball and we bought in a player with no height, no pace, no strength. 

for me, he literally does not card though. Goes through the motions and knows he’s off. 

When he was brought on, our priority was preventing more goals since it was clear we would not score any. DC-L needed to be rested, and there was no point in risking Simms. Going in to the final two games of the season, I would hope to see both DC-L and Simms play. So, for me, bringing on Maupay was the right thing to do.

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Exactly my point, none of them seem to know what to do. He's just had a harder time coping

Ah, I beg your pardon. I read your sentence as he'd suffered because he didn't know what he was doing (and the others did) but I see your point now. 

A panic buy nothing more or nothing less, no thought or care to his fit or ability, we never had a man up front DCL was injured Simms was on loan and Rondon had left, the management gambled on DCL staying fit at the beginning of the season and he broke down immediately, so we ended up with Gordon up front and the window coming to end, and the best they could do was sign Maupay, they should have saved the money and not bothered.  

It's all pretty grim. We really have really played the who of this season with out a proper striker.

That's two seasons in a row Dom that has not really been available, and two relegation scraps.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see this problem, club have been negligent not bring in another proper target man in both August and in January. 

Dom must be worth next to fook all at the moment. Who's going to pay money for player who has not been able to stay on the pitch for the best part of two seasons.

16 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

It's all pretty grim. We really have really played the who of this season with out a proper striker.

That's two seasons in a row Dom that has not really been available, and two relegation scraps.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see this problem, club have been negligent not bring in another proper target man in both August and in January. 

Dom must be worth next to fook all at the moment. Who's going to pay money for player who has not been able to stay on the pitch for the best part of two seasons.

I don't think it should be about selling him personally.

I think someone like Dyche will be honest enough to sit down with him and say 'Look, you're a great kid but we need to bring in someone who can play regularly....'

DCL becomes a fantastic option with a lot less pressure on him.

4 hours ago, Newty82 said:

As we know, off again yesterday.

So despite real careful and a slow cautious rehab, he can't stay niggle free.

I hate to say it because I think he's a fab player but we really cannot have DCL as our main striking option next season.

I think there's enough evidence now to say he's going to continue this way. Sadly.

It is sad when you look at it in the cold light of the day, I feel for him as much as I do for us, still a young man with a great talent whose body is letting him down I’m gutted for him. Yet the team and the club are the most important thing so some tough decisions and discussions will have to be had.

38 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It is sad when you look at it in the cold light of the day, I feel for him as much as I do for us, still a young man with a great talent whose body is letting him down I’m gutted for him. Yet the team and the club are the most important thing so some tough decisions and discussions will have to be had.

I wonder if he's had covid and still suffering a reaction. 

After all the hype about giving him time to get his body right before bring him back and he's injured again. 

Have to say it's really disappointing. 

Decent player, but just doesn't seem to have a body that is reliable enough. 

Wouldn't be that bothered, but with a crucial match that could seal our fate for the next few years coming up, and the thought that all our hopes hangs on whether Maupay can break his duck... Well I just come out in a cold sweat.

Can't say I'm overly excited about the prospect of Gray upfront either. Too often when he receives the ball, he puts his foot on it, stands there waiting for the other team to get back, wiggles his leg around the ball and then lazily passes backwards. 

Just now, Goodison Glory said:

At least we (Dyche) knows early. The whole week can be around creating improvements with the personnel we've got.

Personally, I would play Gray. Best of a bad set of options.

Agree with the first part, but Gray is not a bad option. Not ideal but not a bad one. 

47 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Feel sorry for the lad but he is a liability now, you just can’t have your one and only established CF made out of Quavers

It's obviously not just down to DCL that we're in this mess, but I don't think we would be in this position if he could stay fit. Every time he's injured it makes our recruitment for his back-up look even sillier. 

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

It's obviously not just down to DCL that we're in this mess, but I don't think we would be in this position if he could stay fit. Every time he's injured it makes our recruitment for his back-up look even sillier. 

I agree that the recruitment , or lack of, was bordering on negligence, in fact fuck bordering it was negligent. However even if we had the best recruitment team in the world and had 4 or 5 top class strikers it still wouldn’t detract from the fact that DCL cannot be relied upon

3 hours ago, RPG said:

Entirely agree. We used to call it 'the Seven P's' Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. Failure to recruit a competent back up for DCL these last two windows is criminally negligent imho.

You good much further back than 2 windows.