IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

58 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'd actually disagree with that, anyone dressed head to toe and accessorising in Dolce & Gabbana is very much a fashion sheep in my view, just a high end one, like the Beckham sari. Have no problem with him wearing it but if he wants to but to be an idividual go down to charity shops.

I'd have thought the very definition of high end "fashion sheep" is wearing something "out there" that Joe Public will never be able to afford; he's not looking like that because he likes it (even if he does), he's looking like it because he can afford to.

I think that’s a bit harsh Mike. Both him and Davies have a very alternative style, just also happens that they can afford to shop where most can’t but that’s at no fault of their own. 

I wouldn’t dress like that but each to their own and the world would be a very boring place if we all were the same!

7 minutes ago, Btay said:

I think that’s a bit harsh Mike. Both him and Davies have a very alternative style, just also happens that they can afford to shop where most can’t but that’s at no fault of their own. 

I wouldn’t dress like that but each to their own and the world would be a very boring place if we all were the same!

Not for a moment critising him for doing it, just disagreeing with the suggestion that it shows he's somehow being non-conformist and individual, I think it shows the opposite. He's wearing D&G because he can, simple as.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Not for a moment critising him for doing it, just disagreeing with the suggestion that it shows he's somehow being non-conformist and individual, I think it shows the opposite.

It seemed like criticism to me 🤔

I guarantee you won't see many people dressed in their style of clothes as its very very high end and cutting edge. Not many people have the courage to wear clothes like that, so respect to them for doing it and having their own fashion identity. 

Most footballers pick up a copy of GQ and say I want that. These guys passion is fashion, and fair play to them. 

10 minutes ago, London Blue said:

It seemed like criticism to me 🤔

I guarantee you won't see many people dressed in their style of clothes as its very very high end and cutting edge. Not many people have the courage to wear clothes like that, so respect to them for doing it and having their own fashion identity. 

Most footballers pick up a copy of GQ and say I want that. These guys passion is fashion, and fair play to them. 

So when you're in wherever you shop are you thinking, "do I have the courage to wear that" or are you thinking, "do I like that?"

Take the lad back five years and show him that photo and he'll piss himself laughing at the thought, I like to think he wore it for a bet (or paid for it by D&G) then got changed after the photo before going out.

Final thought on this because it's wound me up a bit. 

Firstly Dom can wear whatever he likes, Tom I think is far more individual though.

Back in my previous life we worked for a company (can't remember their name) who put out a description of what was going to be in fashion about a year in the future, was controlled and prearranged by the designers long in advance. Dom was a tailor's dummy in that pic, nothing individual about it.

43 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So when you're in wherever you shop are you thinking, "do I have the courage to wear that" or are you thinking, "do I like that?"

Take the lad back five years and show him that photo and he'll piss himself laughing at the thought, I like to think he wore it for a bet (or paid for it by D&G) then got changed after the photo before going out.

In my case when you get past your 30's your mind thinks I'm still a young man, your body shows otherwise 🤣

When I worked for the paper we would always get friendly with the fashion editors and reporters as they got invites to the best parties, and you are right fashion lines for high street brands are worked out long in advance. But the clothes Tom and Dom wear more high level boutique than Top Shop. 

I guess my point is there are far to many people who go along with the crowd in most things in life rather than trust their own judgement and follow their own path. This must especially be true for those in the public eye. So to wear clothes that get them noticed and open to ridicule by the internet trolls, takes courage in my opinion.

TT Fashion thread, who knew!!

58 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Final thought on this because it's wound me up a bit. 

Firstly Dom can wear whatever he likes, Tom I think is far more individual though.

Back in my previous life we worked for a company (can't remember their name) who put out a description of what was going to be in fashion about a year in the future, was controlled and prearranged by the designers long in advance. Dom was a tailor's dummy in that pic, nothing individual about it.

I follow both the guys on Instagram so I’ve seen them and how they dress and this is nothing out of the norm for them. Could very well be a shoot for D&G but it’s definitely in line with his taste. Tom is a proper crack up! 

Also I’ll add @MikeO I wasn’t attacking you, I just said it’s a bit harsh. 💙

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

In my case when you get past your 30's your mind thinks I'm still a young man, your body shows otherwise 🤣

When I worked for the paper we would always get friendly with the fashion editors and reporters as they got invites to the best parties, and you are right fashion lines for high street brands are worked out long in advance. But the clothes Tom and Dom wear more high level boutique than Top Shop. 

I guess my point is there are far to many people who go along with the crowd in most things in life rather than trust their own judgement and follow their own path. This must especially be true for those in the public eye. So to wear clothes that get them noticed and open to ridicule by the internet trolls, takes courage in my opinion.

TT Fashion thread, who knew!!

I got crucified when the away kit came out for not being happy with some of the detailing. LB is getting away with this? I’ve never used the words “high level boutique” together before. I doubt I’ve used the word boutique at all!! 

Double standards!! 🤬

26 minutes ago, StevO said:

I got crucified when the away kit came out for not being happy with some of the detailing. LB is getting away with this? I’ve never used the words “high level boutique” together before. I doubt I’ve used the word boutique at all!! 

Double standards!! 🤬

The fickle world of fashion strikes again 🤣

16 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Please don't hijack a thread with chocolate bars, it'll be a marathon.

I agree,

Anyhow, back to the thread, I like Dom’s hair when it’s all Curly Wurly, I reckon it gives him a boost, and with the goals he’s going to score he will be a star (bar) and we will be in another galaxy, way way beyond the Milky Way, possibly close to Mars.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

I agree,

Anyhow, back to the thread, I like Dom’s hair when it’s all Curly Wurly, I reckon it gives him a boost, and with the goals he’s going to score he will be a star (bar) and we will be in another galaxy, way way beyond the Milky Way, possibly close to Mars.

I see what you've done here - good wordplay.  But how can you be in another Galaxy AND close to Mars.  Anyone with even the most basic understanding of Astrophysics will understand this is not possible.

2 hours ago, badaids said:

I see what you've done here - good wordplay.  But how can you be in another Galaxy AND close to Mars.  Anyone with even the most basic understanding of Astrophysics will understand this is not possible.

I clearly don’t have any understanding of Astrophysics, or indeed an interest, but I do know my choccy bars 😜