IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

53 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Great management....

Not sure if you meant that or if you were being sarcastic, after all we are talking about Pickford and you are not an admirer of his at the moment, were Ancelotti from that would very much seem to be. 
Or is great management because you think he’s saying it because he has to but in reality he doesn’t mean it.

I’m just curious to know what you meant by that, It could be interpreted in so many ways ?

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Not sure if you meant that or if you were being sarcastic, after all we are talking about Pickford and you are not an admirer of his at the moment, were Ancelotti from that would very much seem to be. 
Or is great management because you think he’s saying it because he has to but in reality he doesn’t mean it.

I’m just curious to know what you meant by that, It could be interpreted in so many ways ?

Great management to support him. Genuinely. 

On 16/02/2020 at 18:12, Hafnia said:

Ignore button.... it's the future! 

Totally off topic. Just watched "12 years a slave"..... really angry right now.  Harrowing.  I thought there may be a good ending...... nothing good about it. 

You’ve mentioned that ignore button three times it’s as if you’re trying to get a reaction. 🤦‍♂️ 

Anyway back on track. Pickford has given himself a target on his back with the press and it seems as if every game he’s trying harder and harder to prove himself. In every other position on the pitch that’s great as your additional effort would normally improve performance. However as a keeper you need to remain anonymous/ non eventful (other than a save) so you don’t really have it in your control to turn it round as proving consistent error free performances takes time (which he’s not got due to the Euros) and therefore I think he’s trying to showcase himself and it’s going badly wrong.

2 hours ago, barryj said:

You’ve mentioned that ignore button three times it’s as if you’re trying to get a reaction. 🤦‍♂️ 

Anyway back on track. Pickford has given himself a target on his back with the press and it seems as if every game he’s trying harder and harder to prove himself. In every other position on the pitch that’s great as your additional effort would normally improve performance. However as a keeper you need to remain anonymous/ non eventful (other than a save) so you don’t really have it in your control to turn it round as proving consistent error free performances takes time (which he’s not got due to the Euros) and therefore I think he’s trying to showcase himself and it’s going badly wrong.

Over a week ago that post mate... and things are much better because of ignore.  The post was very relevant at that time. 

Back on track.... Sadly it's pretty clear that the lad struggles with ego/bravado.   He can get talked into  losing his focus..... he's stubborn and stupid.

From the get go the arsenal players were onto him as soon as the ball was at his feet.  It was very clever....  almost as if they were daring him to try and play. He's like Michael J Fox in back to the future.... "You a chicken?"..... then that's it.... he does exactly what you wanted him to do.   Arteta bought Guendouzi on......  and it worked a treat, he got right into pickfords head.  Pressed the shit out of pickford as if to dare him to go short and he did and it nearly cost us a 4th goal.

After he did that pickford was wound up.  Another ball was played back, Gwendouzi was onto him...... pickford delayed the kick and purposely took a piece of him.  

In short.... he just can not help himself. Immature and stupid.  He gets wound up into doing things that he shouldn't.  It completely takes his head off the game. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Btay said:

Donarumma all day long over Pickford.  23m?  We paid 30 for Pickford and could probably get 30 back for him.  I would do this in a heartbeat.

6 hours ago, Matt said:

At least Henderson has proven himself in this league

Not sure how goalkeepers find our league tougher than others.  

Dida and Buffon both highly rate this lad... 

I doubt we will get him as he could probably go to any club he wants really. Hopefully carlo can work his magic. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not sure how goalkeepers find our league tougher than others.  

Dida and Buffon both highly rate this lad... 

I doubt we will get him as he could probably go to any club he wants really. Hopefully carlo can work his magic. 

Kepa was supposed to be some amazing young foreign keeper who hasn’t coped. De Gea took at least a season before he got any good. Courtois was loaned out a few times then sold on. 

I can accept Pickfords weaknesses. I know this lad has gotten plaudits for years but that’s in the Italian league and he started really young. But will he adapt immediately or need development? 

Either way, at the price proposed, I wouldn’t be upset. But I’d rather Henderson IF we have to replace Pickford. But, end of the day, I don’t want to replace him because he doesn’t need replacing. 

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Kepa was supposed to be some amazing young foreign keeper who hasn’t coped. De Gea took at least a season before he got any good. Courtois was loaned out a few times then sold on.

false on kepa, he was highly rated in spain but that's it, once courtois was sold they had their pants down and had to make a signing.  Bilbao knew they needed him and they held them ransom.  i had never heard of him and read many articles at the time saying he's a good keeper but no where near worth that, basically their version of Gylfi and the price we paid for him.  

tim howard was a foreign keeper and he was a stalwart for us.  allison played in italy and he adapted well to the premier league.  italy has strong defenses and the keepers will learn organization the italian way.  i'd rather an italian keeper than a spanish or french one, neither of those leagues defend very well.  german or italian makes sense.

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

false on kepa, he was highly rated in spain but that's it, once courtois was sold they had their pants down and had to make a signing.  Bilbao knew they needed him and they held them ransom.  i had never heard of him and read many articles at the time saying he's a good keeper but no where near worth that, basically their version of Gylfi and the price we paid for him.  

tim howard was a foreign keeper and he was a stalwart for us.  allison played in italy and he adapted well to the premier league.  italy has strong defenses and the keepers will learn organization the italian way.  i'd rather an italian keeper than a spanish or french one, neither of those leagues defend very well.  german or italian makes sense.

Not at all false. Kepa has failed and was a young forgein keeper brought in as the next big thing. 

Howard had multiple seasons of experience in our league before joining us and we had a more stable defense than we do at the moment. 

24 minutes ago, Matt said:

I can accept Pickfords weaknesses. I know this lad has gotten plaudits for years but that’s in the Italian league and he started really young. But will he adapt immediately or need development? 

Either way, at the price proposed, I wouldn’t be upset. But I’d rather Henderson IF we have to replace Pickford. But, end of the day, I don’t want to replace him because he doesn’t need replacing. 

My concern with Henderson like pickford is that he is English.   I said ages ago I didn't want pickford playing for England as I had concerns it would change him with the media etc. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

My concern with Henderson like pickford is that he is English.   I said ages ago I didn't want pickford playing for England as I had concerns it would change him with the media etc. 

His nationality is irrelevant. He’s been very good this season. Form over anything else

We have at our club in Pickford one of the best young keepers in the country if not Europe, and most are looking to see who will be his best replacement as if he’s going to be sold some time soon.

I can’t see it myself we have 5-6 other area's that need sorting out before we start looking at our keeper 🤷‍♂️

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

His nationality is irrelevant. He’s been very good this season. Form over anything else

So was pickford before he got going with England, same with Hart. Same with Paul Robinson, Rob Green, David James......

Even David Seaman who had a rock solid temperament got tested as England's number 1.  

Henderson looks a better all round keeper than pickford.  Has a more assured mentality but I just don't like the burden of being the nation's keeper 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We have at our club in Pickford one of the best young keepers in the country if not Europe, and most are looking to see who will be his best replacement as if he’s going to be sold some time soon.

I can’t see it myself we have 5-6 other area's that need sorting out before we start looking at our keeper 🤷‍♂️

I don't.  I think Ancelotti knows quite clearly that a keeper isn't just a shot stopper.... it's the organising and trust of defence/command of area.

He's not gonna be swayed by a few works class stops amongst some pretty glaring errors. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I don't.  I think Ancelotti knows quite clearly that a keeper isn't just a shot stopper.... it's the organising and trust of defence/command of area.

He's not gonna be swayed by a few works class stops amongst some pretty glaring errors. 

Well let’s see what Ancelotti thinks of him, because if what you have said is true his replacement will be bought in summer without fail. 

39 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

So was pickford before he got going with England, same with Hart. Same with Paul Robinson, Rob Green, David James......

Even David Seaman who had a rock solid temperament got tested as England's number 1.  

Henderson looks a better all round keeper than pickford.  Has a more assured mentality but I just don't like the burden of being the nation's keeper 

Yeah, and i like him, but he’s done it for one season.

This is the last position we need to look at for a starter. 

Goalkeepers look better when you're not seeing them week after week. You don't see their little issues they have when you're not a fan of their club and only watch them sporadically.

When Howard was coming towards the end of his time with us fans of other clubs still thought he was brilliant for us. But we knew he was well on the downward curve but looked excellent at doing star jumps. Even when he was at his peak they didn't know he was beaten regularly from distance but we did.

Henderson, or whoever else you want to name as being better than Pickford, will have issues and negative points to their game as well but you'll only find them out if/when they sign for us and then you'll moan about those things too. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Goalkeepers look better when you're not seeing them week after week. You don't see their little issues they have when you're not a fan of their club and only watch them sporadically.

When Howard was coming towards the end of his time with us fans of other clubs still thought he was brilliant for us. But we knew he was well on the downward curve but looked excellent at doing star jumps. Even when he was at his peak they didn't know he was beaten regularly from distance but we did.

Henderson, or whoever else you want to name as being better than Pickford, will have issues and negative points to their game as well but you'll only find them out if/when they sign for us and then you'll moan about those things too. 

As they say Rom you can’t please all the people all the time, but for those who think Pickford is a poor keeper and not good enough I feel there will be no pleasing, as you rightly say everyone has got good and bad points. 
For me we would find it hard to replace his good points and good man management and coaching can iron out his bad. 
Starting with a better defence and midfield will make a difference. 

20 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well let’s see what Ancelotti thinks of him, because if what you have said is true his replacement will be bought in summer without fail. 

From what I've seen in keepers that Ancellotti has managed.... Dida, Buffon, Cech, neuer.... I don't think pickford is as safe as many think. 

For me he creates uncertainty in the defence. 

26 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

From what I've seen in keepers that Ancellotti has managed.... Dida, Buffon, Cech, neuer.... I don't think pickford is as safe as many think. 

For me he creates uncertainty in the defence. 

There’s no doubts that Ancelotti has worked with some top keepers, and I wouldn’t think many keepers would be happy working behind our defence and midfield at the moment, but let’s wait and see personally I think he’s got the attributes to be a top class keeper.