IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Damn I’m not trying hard enough. Who’s your favourite Everton player at the moment Palfy?

That’s a hard one I don’t have favourites as I’m always telling the 8 grandchildren. 
But for getting us as a club I would go for Gomes, and for quality as a player I would probably go with Richarlison. 
Now you’re going to slaughter me I can feel it coming 😀

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'm "digging" up old posts Pete to try and put a stop being "right" as a competition.....

You are more than prone to bringing up old posts when it suits.  Quite frankly it is boring and is of no benefit to any other readers on the forum....... it's a pissing contest that I've become very very tired of.

Hopefully.... the posts above will act as a reminder that you like every single person on here isn't perfect...... you don't know the game as much as you would like to believe- neither do I. 

As for Henderson vs Gerrard.... very different players.  Similar in stature and that's about it.  Henderson is closer to Phil Neville in style but a great team player.  Gerrard was one of the best all round box to box midfielders we've seen in the prem and if we had him we would have won a few trophies. That's how good he was. Sadly. 

Really don't see how the posts make that point at all, where is the bit I'm wrong and what's the reminder? Talking of Phil Neville, Gerrard is closer to him if you look at true greats like Scholes. He's an all rounder, nothing so special about him other than his treatment by the refs and their deluded fans. 

As for winning things, he anchored them. They'd have won the league with a better DM in his final year. That's the comp they've been after all these years and he was a massive reason why they never. Managers were stuck with him. 

Just now, pete0 said:

Really don't see how the posts make that point at all. Gerrard is close to Phil Neville if the other player was Scholes. He's an all rounder, nothing so special about him other than his treatment by the refs and their deluded fans. 

As for winning things, he anchored them. They'd have won the league with a better DM in his final year. That's the comp they've been after all these years and he was a massive reason why they never. Managers were stuck with him. 

Anchored? (Maybe i put that word in your head) It's not something I'm likely to passionately argue about - I have no affiliation whatsoever to Gerrard, he basically gave the gloating red nose nob heads reasons to throw all the usual "You haven't won fuck all in years" shouts at us.... because he pretty much gave them theirs in an era dominated by SAF Man United, Wengers  Arsenal and Mourinhos Chelsea..... so therefore i don't like him.

He pretty much dragged Liverpool to that Champions league final in 2005... a team containing the likes of Baros, smicer, djimi traore. Lashed in a rocket to get to the knock out stages against Olympiacos - started the comeback in the final and won the penno to level it.  The 2006 FA cup.... another screamer....

I honestly lost count of the number of times he dug them out of the shit and I put much of their self belief and doggedness we have seen over the years down to him.

Zidane rated him as the most complete midfielder, Kaka had him in the top 3 with Ronaldo and Messi,  Henry basically said the same......

Yet you think he's on a par with Phil Neville?  You said Gerrard is at the same level as Nolan and cattermole.....

Sorry Pete..... but find me the most bitter and twisted blue and they would say you are talking absolute shite mate 

10 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Really don't see how the posts make that point at all, where is the bit I'm wrong and what's the reminder? Talking of Phil Neville, Gerrard is closer to him if you look at true greats like Scholes. He's an all rounder, nothing so special about him other than his treatment by the refs and their deluded fans. 

Fucking hell Pete were is the bit that says your right, Haf is right none of us are perfect we say things and give our opinions that’s all mate, whether we think we are right we have to accept others may not.

So let’s put this to bed now mate you both make good points depending what side of the debate you are on, but the personal stuff is unnecessary it can’t be enjoyable for either of you, and masks the good stuff you say.

Im sure if you could see past the red mist of the personal stuff you would probably respect each other much more and we could enjoy some good debates from 2 knowledgeable posters, one of you hand out the Oliver branch and one of you take it , trust me you will enjoy yourselves so much more. 

31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Fucking hell Pete were is the bit that says your right, Haf is right none of us are perfect we say things and give our opinions that’s all mate, whether we think we are right we have to accept others may not.

So let’s put this to bed now mate you both make good points depending what side of the debate you are on, but the personal stuff is unnecessary it can’t be enjoyable for either of you, and masks the good stuff you say.

Im sure if you could see past the red mist of the personal stuff you would probably respect each other much more and we could enjoy some good debates from 2 knowledgeable posters, one of you hand out the Oliver branch and one of you take it , trust me you will enjoy yourselves so much more. 

Palfy.... it really is a waste of time. I knew the Gerrard piece was the most likely acid test and fail it he did.

If someone compares Gerrards level to Lee Cattermole and can't see the absolute insanity of that then really it makes you question the logic of debating with them doesn't it?

It's like having a chat about whether the earth is round with a flat earther..... it's not about whether it's true. It's about them proving that it is possible to make ridiculous counter arguments to the most proven of things.  In short..... it's futile, they need the engagement of disagreement more than the passion of the subject itself.

Kinda where I've been at this week. I've tried to lay all that old cat and mouse shit to bed but it's just not registering.... it's like trying to brush a tigers teeth with a sirloin steak on your head and expecting him to be a good boy and say ahhhhhhhh

On a serious note.... I've seen the sad headlines about Caroline flack and whilst this is a forum that supposedly talks about football. We've all got a responsibility to respect each other.... it's not Grand Old Team where people get gaslighted for fun with crude jokes made about family members etc.  Something for us all to be mindful of. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

He pretty much dragged Liverpool to that Champions league final in 2005... a team containing the likes of Baros, smicer, djimi traore. Lashed in a rocket to get to the knock out stages against Olympiacos - started the comeback in the final and won the penno to level it.  The 2006 FA cup.... another screamer....

They also had Hamann and Alonso, greater players than Gerrard could ever emulate. 

Those screamers cost the club and fans more as they'd have been better off had he passed the ball more. How many of them went screaming over the bar? They look good when they go in on motd though, similarly the Hollywood passes. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

On a serious note.... I've seen the sad headlines about Caroline flack and whilst this is a forum that supposedly talks about football. We've all got a responsibility to respect each other.... it's not Grand Old Team where people get gaslighted for fun with crude jokes made about family members etc.  Something for us all to be mindful of. 

My sons just told me the sad news, sadly not everybody can cope with living in the spotlight, another loss that shouldn’t have been.

27 minutes ago, pete0 said:

They also had Hamann and Alonso, greater players than Gerrard could ever emulate. 

Those screamers cost the club and fans more as they'd have been better off had he passed the ball more. How many of them went screaming over the bar? They look good when they go in on motd though, similarly the Hollywood passes. 

Hamann and Alonso were great players. I have my thoughts on the comparison of them but it's not really relevant here cos at least they were quality -  Alonso especially.......  but the fact is you are comparing Gerrard to Kevin Nolan and Lee Cattermole?  I mean... did either of them come even close to an England call up me we mind captain the national team. 

34 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

My sons just told me the sad news, sadly not everybody can cope with living in the spotlight, another loss that shouldn’t have been.

The whole reality TV, Instagram, Facebook bullshit is toxic.

Cosmetically enhanced egomaniacs projecting a false life that makes people believe that money, cars, houses, good looks, popularity, likes etc = happiness.  Anything without these is failure...

My wife is a nurse and looks after kids. She says social media is a problem with mental health cases.   

The other week I emailed one of the mods at Grandoldteam to highlight the hypocrisy of having a mental health thread - yet the mods laugh and join in when posters insult other posters family members.  I asked them if they are aware as to whether they knew if they insulted relative was sick/recently deceased etc?  Their response was "don't tell me what to do with our site"

We probably all get pissed off and go too far on here sometimes but it's an important reminder that none of us know what each other is going through.  So whilst I sound hypocritical because I can be a narky prick at times - I would hate to think I would hurt someone's feelings. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Hamann and Alonso were great players. I have my thoughts on the comparison of them but it's not really relevant here cos at least they were quality -  Alonso especially.......  but the fact is you are comparing Gerrard to Kevin Nolan and Lee Cattermole?  I mean... did either of them come even close to an England call up me we mind captain the national team. 

Not relevant as it blows your Baros shouts to smithereens?

Talent wise there's very little between Nolan and Gerrard. They're a lot closer than Gerrard is to the truly great players. 

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Not relevant as it blows your Baros shouts to smithereens?

Talent wise there's very little between Nolan and Gerrard. They're a lot closer than Gerrard is to the truly great players. 

Not sure about the Baros bit.... for me a very hot or cold player who had one good international tournament and that's it.

But again... the who "blows your Baros shouts to smithereens".... it's not a competition!!!!  

The reason we are here talking about Gerrard is that I'm using him as an example that every single one of us aren't experts and we get things wrong. Ate you now saying he wasn't comparable to Cattermole- because that would at least allow me to conclude this tiring point that none of us are experts..... even you. 

9 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not sure about the Baros bit.... for me a very hot or cold player who had one good international tournament and that's it.

But again... the who "blows your Baros shouts to smithereens".... it's not a competition!!!!  

The reason we are here talking about Gerrard is that I'm using him as an example that every single one of us aren't experts and we get things wrong. Ate you now saying he wasn't comparable to Cattermole- because that would at least allow me to conclude this tiring point that none of us are experts..... even you. 

You named squad players to try and make Gerrard this god who carried the team. Yet he had two World Cup winners, both of whom are better midfielders than him, doing all the hard work. How am I wrong? Gerrard might score the odd bang but unless you only watch motd you'd see he's no where near the elite and he's cost his team rather than benefited. 

Cattermole shouldn't have been a footballer. Gerrard should have been a great squad player, instead he was the anchor who held the shite back. Just look at them now without him. 

Just now, pete0 said:

You named squad players to try and make Gerrard this god who carried the team. Yet he had two World Cup winners, both of whom are better midfielders than him, doing all the hard work. How am I wrong? Gerrard might score the odd bang but unless you only watch motd you'd see he's no where near the elite and he's cost his team rather than benefited. 

So... was Gerrard at Cattermoles level? 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You're boring me now. He's closer to him than he ever was Scholes or Hamann or Alonso. Was Gerrard an AM, CM or DM? 

Well that concludes matters.... youve admitted that "no he's not at Cattermole level" which means you were wrong.... just like Harry Kane wasn't a one season wonder - which he categorically proved by scoring more on several more occasions. Fact. 

Which brings me back to my initial point..... stop treating everything like a pissing contest.  Players can and will prove us "all" wrong....  so just chill out on having to stick to your first opinion...  Romey wasn't fussed on Richarlison but like a him now... it shows an ability to reassess judgement and not allow the ego to impact it. 

I disiked then liked, then disliked then liked now dislike Michael Keane as a player..... I'm fine with that. It kinda follows his pattern of form for the club. It makes sense.  I think Gareth Southgate has followed the same pattern.

31 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Well that concludes matters.... youve admitted that "no he's not at Cattermole level" which means you were wrong.... just like Harry Kane wasn't a one season wonder - which he categorically proved by scoring more on several more occasions. Fact. 

Which brings me back to my initial point..... stop treating everything like a pissing contest.  Players can and will prove us "all" wrong....  so just chill out on having to stick to your first opinion...  Romey wasn't fussed on Richarlison but like a him now... it shows an ability to reassess judgement and not allow the ego to impact it. 

I disiked then liked, then disliked then liked now dislike Michael Keane as a player..... I'm fine with that. It kinda follows his pattern of form for the club. It makes sense.  I think Gareth Southgate has followed the same pattern.

Fuckin'ell that me proven wrong, oh the shame 😱... Not that you've cherry picked at all. Any how thought this wasn't a big and right out wrong game and I should chill out. Your head's well and truly fell off. Fuck me, now you mention Harry Kane. Failed at every club bar one, and England's worse player at the world cup. Let's see how he does without Eriksen. 

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Fuckin'ell that me proven wrong, oh the shame 😱... Not that you've cherry picked at all. Any how thought this wasn't a big and right out wrong game and I should chill out. Your head's well and truly fell off. Fuck me, now you mention Harry Kane. Failed at every club bar one, and England's worse player at the world cup. Let's see how he does without Eriksen. 

Like I said Pete... it's fine to be wrong. We are all wrong... you are in good company in being wrong.... but just alone in the fact that you think you never are.

It's been exhilarating but I'm watching some golf now.  

Have a good evening (i mean that genuinely, these debates are like athletes foot, really irritating but almost worth having for the satisfaction you get from the scratching)  

15 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Like I said Pete... it's fine to be wrong. We are all wrong... you are in good company in being wrong.... but just alone in the fact that you think you never are.

It's been exhilarating but I'm watching some golf now.  

Have a good evening (i mean that genuinely, these debates are like athletes foot, really irritating but almost worth having for the satisfaction you get from the scratching)  

Knowing when you're wrong helps you grow as a person. I'm happy to be told and learn. Can you say the same? Care to go back and show the rest of the Gerrard discussion? You're very tory politician like in your arguing. 

Any how to go full circle, the whole argument is you being wrong about Pickford so your fast from winning, although thought this wasn't about winning eh? If it makes you feel better you know more about golf than I do. 

8 hours ago, Bill said:

This forum is going down the pan. Time to give out some suspensions.

For what it's worth bill I've tried to somehow change the dynamic of the tiring and petty exchanges with Pete over the last week. 

The fact of the matter is that it's not debate he wants - it's argument, a rise, he can't stop. 

He's on ignore now. Hopefully that will eradicate alot of shit.  Just depends on how he deals with it and if he finds someone else to get his fix from. 

10 hours ago, Bill said:

This forum is going down the pan. Time to give out some suspensions.

We should have a card system 😉 

Yellow cards are warnings and red is a suspension haha. They can appeal, but may receive an extra few days ban. 

Wonder how many I would have had by now?

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

If Pickford's ego is as big as the amateur psychoanalysis guru's profess then I hope he never reads this thread and sees that people are talking more about red shite players than him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neville-southall-tells-everton-goalkeeper-17729285.amp

He could do worse than just read this very diplomatic piece from Southall. Who as straight talking as he is... doesn't tend to give keepers a hard time. It's not in his code.

Don't moan, do something about it.  You've done ok but you need to improve and without competition that  will only come from yourself.  You need to concentrate.....

He's not come out and said "pickford is getting unfairly slated, he's not said people need to get off his back".... he's saying the stuff we are seeing on this thread. 

If like for Southall to be a mentor for him

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neville-southall-tells-everton-goalkeeper-17729285.amp

He could do worse than just read this very diplomatic piece from Southall. Who as straight talking as he is... doesn't tend to give keepers a hard time. It's not in his code.

Don't moan, do something about it.  You've done ok but you need to improve and without competition that  will only come from yourself.  You need to concentrate.....

He's not come out and said "pickford is getting unfairly slated, he's not said people need to get off his back".... he's saying the stuff we are seeing on this thread. 

If like for Southall to be a mentor for him

I was just coming on to post that article. Wanker.

None of us know what's going on behind doors. Not us, not Southall. For all we know he's had his little moan in the press but he's doing exactly what Southall says he should do there - looking at himself, working hard in training, wanting to prove people wrong with his performances on the pitch.

That's the bit I mostly take issue with. The people going round making all these statements about what they believe he's thinking and feeling, because no one knows!