IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

12 minutes ago, pete0 said:

First search on Google. Sent you similar many times but at least you've read this one. Do you not see your traits? This is basic stuff and genuinely I'd seek help if I was you. Example the 1am comment?? No relevance at all just you trying to change the subject rather than address it. 

You said on the lines of him not gonna win us a cup. As far as I can see he's only cost us one result. More often than not he makes up for his own blunders in the same game. 

What games are those? As far as I can see he only made 3 last season. So for the fourth time... 

Pete.... seriously dude. Chill out. You are getting a bit obsessed with me mate.  You do realise that the stats and fact jousting is a complete waste of time don't you? 

The best way of dealing with me is to remember how irrelevant I am to you.... don't waste your time on me mate.  You aren't going to agree with me on most things so try and accept that.

It's ok to not agree or like soneone.. it's not like you are going to change me and my narcissistic personality disorder traits over the forum.  

Have a good week dude 

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Pete.... seriously dude. Chill out. You are getting a bit obsessed with me mate.  You do realise that the stats and fact jousting is a complete waste of time don't you? 

The best way of dealing with me is to remember how irrelevant I am to you.... don't waste your time on me mate.  You aren't going to agree with me on most things so try and accept that.

It's ok to not agree or like soneone.. it's not like you are going to change me and my narcissistic personality disorder traits over the forum.  

Have a good week dude 

Not obsessed at all. Just cba leaving you to spout shit without being held to account. Take responsibility. 

Fifth time. How many points as he cost us? Or do you concede you were wrong and just spouting shit because you simply don't like the player.. 

14 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Not obsessed at all. Just cba leaving you to spout shit without being held to account. Take responsibility. 

Fifth time. How many points as he cost us? Or do you concede you were wrong and just spouting shit because you simply don't like the player.. 

Pete..... I answered the question before. Not sure if you missed it but it's impossible to say how many points he cost us as other players can mitigate the impact of a mistake by scoring at the other end.  You can count the number of errors leading to a goal, he was second highest last year and is second highest so far this year.

I think you are getting a bit OTT now mate, I suggest putting me on ignore if my posts bother you so much

Have a good day dude

I've seen 

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

He admitted his mistake, he will learn from it and we move on. He is still a young player, with an ego, but I quite like him having a bit of that.

Is he perfect? No, but he is very good with the potential to be great, and I'll take that.

This. GK learning curve is a lot longer than regular outfield players. Generally speaking they peak after the age of 28, and many even after 30. Very few are considered world class at younger age like Alisson, Ederson and Oblak, but still all of them are a bit older and are playing at top clubs with superior defenders in front of them. Surely one makes less mistakes when fewer chances are presented to him. I'm pleased with Jordan. His shot stopping is one of the best, which shows his raw talent. He lacks in distribution and command of area, but these improve with experience and maturing. In couple of years we will see him getting at higher standards, even more so if we manage to improve the rest of the team. As of now, he's doing just fine. There are many other things to worry about really. Looking for a new first choice goalkeeper shouldn't be in our priorities in the foreseeable future.

The main problem with Jordan is that he is following the Joe Hart text book of "how to get carried away with yourself".....

After the world cup Allisson made a mistake and Pickford broke the code by coming out and saying "He would never do that".... talk about putting pressure on yourself.  Since then he's been so inconsistent and erratic, he's made himself a target for fans because he can't not get involved.

The only thing that you see people praise is his shot stopping..... yes I've seen him make worldies and he is very agile and has sharp reactions but that's all he seems to have and it isn't dependable..... 

I really don't know why he's come out and fired shots against the media and Gary Neville..... just like opposition fans he can't resist the bait.

For me I would be happier to see him dropped as England number 1. I said at the time I didn't think it would be the best thing for him ... he's not mature enough and that's not an age thing..... it's him. He is very immature.   He needs to keep himself out the limelight but I think he enjoys it too much.  For me it's the only way I can see him getting the message that he needs to knuckle down. 

10 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Pete..... I answered the question before. Not sure if you missed it but it's impossible to say how many points he cost us as other players can mitigate the impact of a mistake by scoring at the other end.  You can count the number of errors leading to a goal, he was second highest last year and is second highest so far this year.

I think you are getting a bit OTT now mate, I suggest putting me on ignore if my posts bother you so much

Have a good day dude

Not impossible at all. I've checked and I've got 2 points dropped, and three goals being his fault. 

So for the sixth time. How many goals was he at fault for? What games. 

Why does England do this? The nation piles undue pressure in all its goalies. How many careers has that messed up in recent years? Frankly I’d much rather we didn’t have the England keeper on our team. Every little mistake will be exaggerated, which is bound to get to Pickford in the end and become a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Sad to say it, but it’s much better these days not to have internationals playing on your side - unless you have a big squad. 

49 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Why does England do this? The nation piles undue pressure in all its goalies. How many careers has that messed up in recent years? Frankly I’d much rather we didn’t have the England keeper on our team. Every little mistake will be exaggerated, which is bound to get to Pickford in the end and become a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

Sad to say it, but it’s much better these days not to have internationals playing on your side - unless you have a big squad. 

i've said the same steve, the english press ruins their own players.  it's awful.  getting a call up is a curse not a blessing.

On 10/02/2020 at 20:39, pete0 said:

Not impossible at all. I've checked and I've got 2 points dropped, and three goals being his fault. 

So for the sixth time. How many goals was he at fault for? What games. 

He made 4 errors leading to goals last season mate.....  made 11 goal costing mistakes in in 133 games.

Apologies if you are waiting for more from me....  have a Google if you've got the time. Premier league stats and squawka are my sources.

Just try and remember.... it's all opinions.  He could make 20 errors a season but if you rate him then that's all you need to care about.  Like I say.... don't worry too much about what I think - it seems to wind you up but it shouldn't. 

7 hours ago, StevO said:

The media love building them up and knocking them down. 
Anyone remember Svens last press conference all them years ago? Asking the press not to kill Rooney. It’s what they do. Horrible the way they do it. 

The reality is that if you are gonna be a player and be outspoken and engage fans etc... you better be good or have very thick skin.

Ian Wright spoke about it earlier and spoke very well on the subject.

33 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He made 4 errors leading to goals last season mate.....  made 11 goal costing mistakes in in 133 games.

Apologies if you are waiting for more from me....  have a Google if you've got the time. Premier league stats and squawka are my sources.

Just try and remember.... it's all opinions.  He could make 20 errors a season but if you rate him then that's all you need to care about.  Like I say.... don't worry too much about what I think - it seems to wind you up but it shouldn't. 

Well stop looking at stats and reinforce your opinion. What matches, what goals not fucking hard is it? 

(Seven times of asking!) 

47 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Well stop looking at stats and reinforce your opinion. What matches, what goals not fucking hard is it? 

(Seven times of asking!) 

You are being a bit aggressive here.... I think you probably need to leave it alone if I'm honest with you mate.

Im pretty sure you aren't suggesting that the only way someone can have an opinion is if they provide evidence?..... I told a film student that I liked Top Gun - clearly wasnt what he had in mind for a top film but......

Like I say Pete.... you like the lad and rate him.  Don't take what I think to heart... just tell yourself that Haf just plagiuerises stats and knows nothing.  I don't think you should ask me an 8th time if I'm honest mate.  I think the thread is getting a bit overloaded with this personal vendetta now. 

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You are being a bit aggressive here.... I think you probably need to leave it alone if I'm honest with you mate.

Im pretty sure you aren't suggesting that the only way someone can have an opinion is if they provide evidence?..... I told a film student that I liked Top Gun - clearly wasnt what he had in mind for a top film but......

Like I say Pete.... you like the lad and rate him.  Don't take what I think to heart... just tell yourself that Haf just plagiuerises stats and knows nothing.  I don't think you should ask me an 8th time if I'm honest mate.  I think the thread is getting a bit overloaded with this personal vendetta now. 

I'm not arsed dislike him all you want because of your opinion of his personality/ego. But you're trying to hide that it's not only that stuff by bringing his performances into it. Very easy to back up the average shouts by showing the goals he's caused us to concede. So either show them or just admit you're a booh boy who just dislikes the kid. 

Edit. Forgot, 8 times of asking. 

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I'm not arsed dislike him all you want because of your opinion of his personality/ego. But you're trying to hide that it's not only that stuff by bringing his performances into it. Very easy to back up the average shouts by showing the goals he's caused us to concede. So either show them or just admit you're a booh boy who just dislikes the kid. 

Edit. Forgot, 8 times of asking. 

As I've already said there is stacks on his errors and % save rates etc etc etc..... but listing them isn't really going to do anything for you.... it just fuels the fire. 

Accept the fact that there are fans who don't agree with your opinions... it happens.  Honestly... your pursuit of some sort of answer that you want to see off me is getting a bit odd now. 

I know we have jousted etc, but I really can't be bothered with it.... I think you need to put me on ignore. 

27 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

As I've already said there is stacks on his errors and % save rates etc etc etc..... but listing them isn't really going to do anything for you.... it just fuels the fire. 

Accept the fact that there are fans who don't agree with your opinions... it happens.  Honestly... your pursuit of some sort of answer that you want to see off me is getting a bit odd now. 

I know we have jousted etc, but I really can't be bothered with it.... I think you need to put me on ignore. 

But this isn't intangible. The stats show he conceded 46 goals. You're opinion is he was at fault for more than his fair share. So for the 9th time. What ones? I've identified three. Name the rest, put some evidence to show he's not that good and that this isn't just another vendetta against one of best players. 

7 hours ago, pete0 said:

But this isn't intangible. The stats show he conceded 46 goals. You're opinion is he was at fault for more than his fair share. So for the 9th time. What ones? I've identified three. Name the rest, put some evidence to show he's not that good and that this isn't just another vendetta against one of best players. 

1. Newcastle.... last season - spilled a simple shot and Perez scored.  That's not counting the Rondon rugby tackle, and the open goal he gifted a player who missed (pulled tongues at fans)

2. Liverpool. Origi.

3. Spurs. Ran out and bumped into Zouma, son scored. The same game he allowed an easy shot from alli to go under him.... that didn't count but take your pick of either. 

4. West ham.... passed the ball to noble who set yarmolenko up.

They are the 4, he actually had the highest errors leading to shots on goal with 7.

Like I said Pete..... if I listed 20 errors - don't let it bother you.  People make their own opinions - if someone says they are cold and it's 72f then accept that they are cold - you can't beat them over the head and tell them they are warm cos it's 72f......

You must be tired today... another late one. Have a good day. I've got a busy one today so aside from the fact that I don't think anyone will benefit from any further exchanges - I won't be around to answer them. Have a good one mate

1 minute ago, StevO said:

Haf I wish you had this level of acceptance of someone else’s opinion when Lukaku played for us. 

The irony is that it was as much if not more the other way Steve.  It's clearly a case of what side of the argument you sit isn't it mate?

Funny... depending which side of the argument you are... the moderation of harassment/repetition seems to be different. Necessary evils and all that. 

Its a strange one.... I've managed to not bring lukaku into debates. It's other people........ you guys, you crack me up!!!  Lol

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

1. Newcastle.... last season - spilled a simple shot and Perez scored.  That's not counting the Rondon rugby tackle, and the open goal he gifted a player who missed (pulled tongues at fans)

2. Liverpool. Origi.

3. Spurs. Ran out and bumped into Zouma, son scored. The same game he allowed an easy shot from alli to go under him.... that didn't count but take your pick of either. 

4. West ham.... passed the ball to noble who set yarmolenko up.

They are the 4, he actually had the highest errors leading to shots on goal with 7.

Like I said Pete..... if I listed 20 errors - don't let it bother you.  People make their own opinions - if someone says they are cold and it's 72f then accept that they are cold - you can't beat them over the head and tell them they are warm cos it's 72f......

You must be tired today... another late one. Have a good day. I've got a busy one today so aside from the fact that I don't think anyone will benefit from any further exchanges - I won't be around to answer them. Have a good one mate

Well that wasn't hard was it. Cba checking the goal so I'll take your word for it. So across a full season in your opinion he should have done better with four. To me four is exceptional, top league in the world and to only be at fault for four is pretty good going. What is your expectation zero? 

Accoring to Premier League stats (on their own website) mistakes leading to goals this season are as follows:

• Bednarek 3
  • Dubravka 3
  • Balbuena 2
  • Buendia 2
  • Coady 2
  • De Gea 2
  • Patricio 2
  • Jiminez 2
  • Kante 2
  • Lejeune 2
  • Leno 2
  • Lloris 2
  • Mee 2
  • Mings 2
  • Pickford 2
  • Pope 2
  • Rose 2
  • Adrian 2

The rest have 1 or less

Last season as follows:

• Begovic 5
  • Leno 5
  • De Gea 4
  • Pickford 4
  • Sol Bamba 3
  • Debravka 3
  • Gunn 3
  • Alisson 3

The rest have 2 or less

All goalkeepers are highlighted.

I'd imagine the term 'mistake leading to goal' doesn't include many indirect mistakes. But for the sake of argument there is no real indication statistically that Pickford makes many more mistakes than any other top level goalkeeper.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Accoring to Premier League stats (on their own website) mistakes leading to goals this season are as follows:

• Bednarek 3
  • Dubravka 3
  • Balbuena 2
  • Buendia 2
  • Coady 2
  • De Gea 2
  • Patricio 2
  • Jiminez 2
  • Kante 2
  • Lejeune 2
  • Leno 2
  • Lloris 2
  • Mee 2
  • Mings 2
  • Pickford 2
  • Pope 2
  • Rose 2
  • Adrian 2

The rest have 1 or less

Last season as follows:

• Begovic 5
  • Leno 5
  • De Gea 4
  • Pickford 4
  • Sol Bamba 3
  • Debravka 3
  • Gunn 3
  • Alisson 3

The rest have 2 or less

I'd imagine the term 'mistake leading to goal' doesn't include many indirect mistakes. But for the sake of argument there is no real indication statistically that Pickford makes many more mistakes than any other top level goalkeeper.

Unless you have a bug to bear about their behaviour 

8 hours ago, Aidan said:

• Bednarek 3
  • Dubravka 3
  • Balbuena 2
  • Buendia 2
  • Coady 2
  • De Gea 2
  • Patricio 2
  • Jiminez 2
  • Kante 2
  • Lejeune 2
  • Leno 2
  • Lloris 2
  • Mee 2
  • Mings 2
  • Pickford 2
  • Pope 2
  • Rose 2
  • Adrian 2

The rest have 1 or less

Last season as follows:

• Begovic 5
  • Leno 5
  • De Gea 4
  • Pickford 4
  • Sol Bamba 3
  • Debravka 3
  • Gunn 3
  • Alisson 3

The rest have 2 or less

I know De Gea is having a bad season but he’s probably still regarded as a keeper😜

I don’t think Pickford makes more mistakes than anyone else and he does have a point about the English media and the national team. I do however think he’s fundamentally immature in terms of how he responds to criticism.

The bratty attitude that turned that Newcastle match last season was very much a personality issue. That was a him thing - that’s who he is. Maybe he’s grown a very little bit from that but we just gotta realize these things about his demeanor and be ok with it. 

56 minutes ago, Bailey said:

All he did!? 😂 Some of our players can't pass it 5 yards to a team mate and this fella pings it 60 yards into the run  and foot of an attacker and it's labelled as just knocking a ball in the channel and then you say I need some perspective. 

This place is fucking mad sometimes.

He wasn't rooted to his line when he collected the ball after he made the important save. If your referring to the post incident, why would a keeper be that far in front of his near post from a corner/cross or whatever it was? 

No I think the opposite is true. Just because every pass isn't great people seem to think he is crap with the ball. Even the Ederson's and Allisons of this world bung the ball into touch, duff a ball out or get caught on it, you just don't watch them as much. Pickford's distribution is up their with the best and of course it doesn't always come off, imagine if our outfield players tried the type of balls he is, they wouldn't get anywhere near his completion levels. 

It's not even about potential. He is good enough for better teams than us already and he could go on a lot further yet.

Seriously Bailey.... the one time he commanded his area and you make it look like it's bread and butter.

I don't see the big deal here.... he's far from the levels he was at pre world cup and sadly that's as much down to his mentality more than anything.

I wasn't even alert to his save percentage.. I had a feeling he wasn't getting near some shots but oddly saving ones that you wouldn't expect hi. To save.... the fact that he's 20th on 64% is concerning.

Like I say... I don't expect us to go out and buy so done else but I expect Carlo has ideas as to what he wants from his keeper.