IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

21 hours ago, Finn balor said:

If Jordan wants to be considered top class he needs to concentrate a lot more than he has been doing. It’s all well and good being a good “shot stopper”. He is paid to make those saves. His kicking game for which he was renowned for has gone missing aswell. I like the lad I want him to be here for a very long time and I’m happy he’s England’s number one but his game needs to move up a gear now. He’s reached a plateau for me and it’s up to him to see where he goes 

The ball he played to Richarlison down the left channel was pin point. Put us straight onto the counter.

I wish our outfield players were that accurate. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He had 4 shots to deal with all game Matt.  1 he saved.... 1 he conceded badly, 2 hit the post of which he was floundering both times.  

Floundering? 1 was deflected (but he had covered anyway) and the other went through 2 of our players who should have cleared it easily so it's no surprise that it surprised him. 

Then again, don't condone the two players that should have cleared the ball easily, just focus on the keeper doing what every keeper in the league would have done "floundering". 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The key thing for me palf isn't the number of goals conceded.... it's the mistakes made.

I can't think of one goal that he could have saved.... bernies was a rocket, Richarlison no chance and same for DCL.  The only error he made was the one that was the save pushed to DCL which he skied.

My point is that pickford is closer to the level of these keepers than he is the supposed elite.

His save % is second lowest in the league and that is His supposed strength.  His command of the area is very very poor.

It's my 10 cents.  He may improve in these areas who knows but I ain't sure. 

I understand were your coming from if you look at stats Haf, for keepers they are very black and white and don’t give you any information of their general play positioning and speed of thought, if you looked at his stats he would be just in the top ten as an average of the things taken into consideration and he’s better than that. 
I don’t really take much stock of stats they don’t give you the full picture just snippets, you know that as well as anyone mate a certain strikers stats said he was fantastic, you disagreed because you saw something different that couldn’t be calculated by stats, I think the same about Pickford there’s more to him than stats can explain, and I can only see him getting better.  

25 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The ball he played to Richarlison down the left channel was pin point. Put us straight onto the counter.

Floundering? 1 was deflected (but he had covered anyway) and the other went through 2 of our players who should have cleared it easily so it's no surprise that it surprised him. 

Then again, don't condone the two players that should have cleared the ball easily, just focus on the keeper doing what every keeper in the league would have done "floundering". 

Pin point? Fuck me bailey all he did was kick it into the channel. Hardly pin point. How about all the time he just booted it out of play in exactly the same position before that? Have some perspective 

36 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He is a 6ft 1 bloke who can use his arms......  why when a ball is fired into the 6 yard box is he rooted to his line?

All very well calling out the centre halves who are pretty much going up man for man with opponents of the same height.... the one clear advantaged player in the 6 yard box on a corner is the keeper yet he never makes that count.

As with everything with pickford.... singular successes like "a pinpoint pass" seem to made a rule rather than the exception.... when the opposite is more the truth. His distribution is shit....I thought it was meant to be great. Not really no. 

People seem to be getting very arsey that he gets criticised for the things he consistently seems to be poor at.  Being the England keeper and having one good season for us doesn't mean he's the answer..... he's always had potential but then again he's always had the potential for being the person who stops it being realised.

No-one is calling him Richard Wright, but he's far from a reliable goally in my book.  A goally capable of making brilliant one off saves but consistently makes daft errors reads s very long list. 

11 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Pickford keeps making those brilliant saves, so they are hardly one offs are they.

Every keeper does!!! Ffs, this is what makes me laugh, the worst keeper in the league will make at least 10 world class saves a season. 

The works class keepers are the ones who make 3 or 4 costly mistakes at most. 

Ffs.... we are risk of becoming a highlight reel club. 

We are not going to win anything without consistency.  The lad is erratic as fuck and it is evident in the trust of the backline. 

He's the least of our worries don't get me wrong but I don't have faith in him being a trophy winning keeper.  For the money we could possibly get right now is sell before his stick falls further.  I recall hart being a £60m keeper 12 months before being unable to be loaned out as a first choice. 

39 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

For the money we could possibly get right now is sell before his stick falls further. 

If he was allowed to use a stick he'd probably have kept out the Palace goal yesterday, could just have given Benteke a poke in the eye with it. Easy.

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He had 4 shots to deal with all game Matt.  1 he saved.... 1 he conceded badly, 2 hit the post of which he was floundering both times.  

One he conceded badly. One he saved brilliantly, the other two don’t count because they didn’t go in. Simple as that really. 

48 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Every keeper does!!! Ffs, this is what makes me laugh, the worst keeper in the league will make at least 10 world class saves a season. 

We are not going to win anything without consistency.  The lad is erratic as fuck and it is evident in the trust of the backline. 

He's the least of our worries don't get me wrong but I don't have faith in him being a trophy winning keeper.  For the money we could possibly get right now is sell before his stick falls further.  I recall hart being a £60m keeper 12 months before being unable to be loaned out as a first choice. 

:lol: 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

One he conceded badly. One he saved brilliantly, the other two don’t count because they didn’t go in. Simple as that really. 

Prior to his "brilliant" save (starjump - it hit him in the shoulder).....   the previous 6 shots on target that pickford faced were conceded as goals.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

You'll recall laughing at me for saying he's shite...

How many points did Pickford cost us last season? I've got 2, dropped in the Derby. Pretty sure he's saved us a lot more than the one point last year. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You'll recall laughing at me for saying he's shite...

How many points did Pickford cost us last season? I've got 2, dropped in the Derby. Pretty sure he's saved us a lot more than the one point last year. 

I recall laughing at many of your posts Pete... I'm doing that right now mate! 

TBF you called Gerrard a bang average footballer years ago and he probably is now he's retired..... 

25 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Prior to his "brilliant" save (starjump - it hit him in the shoulder).....   the previous 6 shots on target that pickford faced were conceded as goals.

Where its that stat from just out of curiosity? 

I do think people are hyping up that save a little much, however he was a stand out player last season and I have every faith he will be a vital part of our squad in the next few years. 

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Where its that stat from just out of curiosity? 

I do think people are hyping up that save a little much, however he was a stand out player last season and I have every faith he will be a vital part of our squad in the next few years. 

Matt Cheetham - sky sports statistician.

The save was the 1st shot on target in 6 that he saved. The irony is that this is his supposed strong point.....

The whole thread is already starting to get a bit pathetic, like we are awful for criticising him.... no fans want him to make mistakes, we want him to do well..... it's just bloody annoying that he just can't get his head on being a good keeper.  

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The save was the 1st shot on target in 6 that he saved. The irony is that this is his supposed strong point.....

The whole thread is already starting to get a bit pathetic, like we are awful for criticising him.... no fans want him to make mistakes, we want him to do well..... it's just bloody annoying that he just can't get his head on being a good keeper.  

Maybe Carlo can do a little better in keeping him grounded. We all know the quality he has, let's see him managed the right way. 

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I recall laughing at many of your posts Pete... I'm doing that right now mate! 

TBF you called Gerrard a bang average footballer years ago and he probably is now he's retired..... 

Go back to them. Didn't even hold your hand up then either. You weren't wrong, apparently he was class but then went shit... 

Why mention Gerrard? Always hiding, always changing the subject, you're an absolute joke. 

Again, second time. How many points did Pickford cost us? 

11 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

No one is saying you can’t criticise him, every player at the club should be criticised if they give a bad performance. 
But you want to get rid of him which most don’t, do we get rid of all players for making a mistake now or just the ones we don’t personally like. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Go back to them. Didn't even hold your hand up then either. You weren't wrong, apparently he was class but then went shit... 

Why mention Gerrard? Always hiding, always changing the subject, you're an absolute joke. 

Again, second time. How many points did Pickford cost us? 

Pete..... do you find that you need to be right all the time?  It's ok not to be.... honest, we are all humans on here, try not to get so wound up about opinions.  It's all good mate!!! Relax! 

I quite like a fried egg on top of spag bol.... I don't expect you to like it, but I certainly don't need you to tell me that Gordon Ramsey says my taste buds are lying to me.

You were wrong, I was right, I said this, you said that...... bloomin nora is that the time.  Yawn......

21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No one is saying you can’t criticise him, every player at the club should be criticised if they give a bad performance. 
But you want to get rid of him which most don’t, do we get rid of all players for making a mistake now or just the ones we don’t personally like. 

In the FFP mularky.... for me he probably carries the biggest £££ vs value. 

Simple as that.  If his sale value was £20m I would keep him. But with it being more than twice that (supposedly) I would cash in now.  If that makes sense. 

31 minutes ago, London Blue said:

No, not much of what you have said about Pickford makes much sense really.

Such as what? It's hardly left field stuff..... it's hardly like I'm one of a handful of people who are questioning him. He's being questioned by ex players, pundits and fans..... that doesn't make my opinion right but it certainly shows it's not "out there"...... you just don't like the opinion - That's all.  But that's ok, just need to accept it's my view rather than try and invalidate it with sweeping comments when I've been specific as to why I have them. 

59 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Pete..... do you find that you need to be right all the time?  It's ok not to be.... honest, we are all humans on here, try not to get so wound up about opinions.  It's all good mate!!! Relax! 

I quite like a fried egg on top of spag bol.... I don't expect you to like it, but I certainly don't need you to tell me that Gordon Ramsey says my taste buds are lying to me.

You were wrong, I was right, I said this, you said that...... bloomin nora is that the time.  Yawn......

Be arsed with your deflections.  https://blogs.psychcentral.com/psychology-self/2018/08/narcissist-arguing/

Third time haf. How many points did Jordan cost us last year?

Staying out of this mainly.

But thought I would just add a little perspective. Jordan is another player with potential for us. He has the potential to be an excellent keeper. 
Bit this year his standard has dropped alarmingly. He is making a lot mod mistakes and seems scared to come and collect balls, which many were criticising him for last season.

I would say he is just about keeping the England's No1 title for now, but only just. At his current state, Howard was a better keeper.

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

Be arsed with your deflections.  https://blogs.psychcentral.com/psychology-self/2018/08/narcissist-arguing/

Third time haf. How many points did Jordan cost us last year?

Bloody nora Pete.... it was near 1am when you posted this... what you doing googling self-psychology articles about simeone who has been telling you to relax and not get so het up for? 

I'm not sure about the relevance of your question to be honest mate...... a goal keeper can make 3 massive blunders a game and not cost any points...cos someone like Richarlison goes and scores a goals from nothing to rescue the situation .  He made the second most errors leading to a goal in the league if that's any help to you??? 4 I believe......

I'm sorry I didn't answer you, hope it didn't keep you awake mate.

33 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Can he get someone to do his interviews for him..... "As a person, I don’t let it affect me. But it does p*** you off.” ...... well if it pisses you off it affects you..... not the sharpest tool.

Neville isn't gonna let it lie, he will take the challenge now and will use him on Monday night football to critique him.

I mean why the fuck is he talking about his ligaments?! You fucked up, hold your hand up, move on and shut up. 

he talks about mental strength after every cock up like it doesn't bother him..... it bloody does.  Since the derby blunder he does them with regularity.  Play him against Liverpool or Newcastle and he gets wound up. 

The lad does not help himself at all. 

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Such as what? It's hardly left field stuff..... it's hardly like I'm one of a handful of people who are questioning him. He's being questioned by ex players, pundits and fans..... that doesn't make my opinion right but it certainly shows it's not "out there"...... you just don't like the opinion - That's all.  But that's ok, just need to accept it's my view rather than try and invalidate it with sweeping comments when I've been specific as to why I have them. 

I'm not going to get sucked into a posting contest, and I respect your opinion, I just disagree with it. 

If pickford is so poor and constantly making mistakes then why are there very few comments in this thread from June to November?

According to the stats he has made 2 errors leading to goals this season. All players make mistakes, players miss tackles or scoring chances. It's about how they react, in the CP game Pickford made a great save and then a strong collection. 

He admitted his mistake, he will learn from it and we move on. He is still a young player, with an ego, but I quite like him having a bit of that.

Is he perfect? No, but he is very good with the potential to be great, and I'll take that.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Bloody nora Pete.... it was near 1am when you posted this... what you doing googling self-psychology articles about simeone who has been telling you to relax and not get so het up for? 

I'm not sure about the relevance of your question to be honest mate...... a goal keeper can make 3 massive blunders a game and not cost any points...cos someone like Richarlison goes and scores a goals from nothing to rescue the situation .  He made the second most errors leading to a goal in the league if that's any help to you??? 4 I believe......

I'm sorry I didn't answer you, hope it didn't keep you awake mate.

First search on Google. Sent you similar many times but at least you've read this one. Do you not see your traits? This is basic stuff and genuinely I'd seek help if I was you. Example the 1am comment?? No relevance at all just you trying to change the subject rather than address it. 

You said on the lines of him not gonna win us a cup. As far as I can see he's only cost us one result. More often than not he makes up for his own blunders in the same game. 

What games are those? As far as I can see he only made 3 last season. So for the fourth time...