IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I was just coming on to post that article. Wanker.

None of us know what's going on behind doors. Not us, not Southall. For all we know he's had his little moan in the press but he's doing exactly what Southall says he should do there - looking at himself, working hard in training, wanting to prove people wrong with his performances on the pitch.

That's the bit I mostly take issue with. The people going round making all these statements about what they believe he's thinking and feeling, because no one knows!

Very true.  

For me Joe Hart having his rapid fall from lofty heights not long after giving it the big alpha make bollocks in an England shirt, and Pickford following suit set alarm bells off big time.  

Pickford will always have a spikey way about him. Ex managers are on record saying he will argue and argue,  "pass the ball to x and he will distribute".... "why? IM  a better passer than him"  was the response to one manager gave.  Allardyce said he was cocky at Sunderland and he liked it.

The thing is... I Think they do like that in young keepers as you won't make the step up without it - but as they get older it probably needs tempering.

54 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neville-southall-tells-everton-goalkeeper-17729285.amp

He could do worse than just read this very diplomatic piece from Southall. Who as straight talking as he is... doesn't tend to give keepers a hard time. It's not in his code.

Don't moan, do something about it.  You've done ok but you need to improve and without competition that  will only come from yourself.  You need to concentrate.....

He's not come out and said "pickford is getting unfairly slated, he's not said people need to get off his back".... he's saying the stuff we are seeing on this thread. 

If like for Southall to be a mentor for him

Great article. 

13 hours ago, StevO said:

The reporting function is still there if you want to use it Bill. 

No point Steve I would be reporting dozens of posts on 3 or 4 threads. I go on many threads to see the latest posts and all I see is the same people having  another argument.

I'm no longer a steward but if I was this would never have got so bad. Like I said this forum is going down the pan.

55 minutes ago, Bill said:

No point Steve I would be reporting dozens of posts on 3 or 4 threads. I go on many threads to see the latest posts and all I see is the same people having  another argument.

I'm no longer a steward but if I was this would never have got so bad. Like I said this forum is going down the pan.

Its not that bad mate, just people getting board between the long gap in football. This is a very good site, with allot of very good members, just have to wait it out for the next match.

😉

56 minutes ago, Bill said:

It can’t be that bad Bill, we still have lots of visitors each day. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The arguments are annoying but it’s part of “debate”. If we see them getting personal again, the posts will start being deleted again and bans will start coming out. 

When it comes to Pickford I’m going to take big Nev’s advice, and not try to pretend I know a lot about being a keeper, like he said about Gary Nevilles criticism what does he know, like most of us on here pretty much nothing about being a keeper. 
So I’m gonna sit respectfully quiet and let Pickford prove his critics wrong, and there’s no use trying to debate with me the intricacies of been a good or bad keeper, because you probably know less than me and I know nothing😝

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

😳Jeez going down that route there will be hardly anyone left😜

Personally I think if you look at other football forums or any other forum or social media in general the "arguments" on here are minimal; even when we hit on the "taboos" like religion/politics & Lukaku. Heated exchanges at times for sure but nothing wrong with that in my book.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Personally I think if you look at other football forums or any other forum or social media in general the "arguments" on here are minimal; even when we hit on the "taboos" like religion/politics & Lukaku. Heated exchanges at times for sure but nothing wrong with that in my book.

If I could give this 1000 likes I would.  I only have 1 other forum I visit that has as high a level of civility and respect between the members.  One of my other favorite things about TT for is the diversity of age of posters. Most forums are millennial or gen X heavy that I visit.  I love reading from John and Bill and Palfy and others about the old days, it helps to give a better perspective to newer fans like myself.

24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I agree with you Mike to a degree, I don't mind an argument I've had plenty on this forum myself, but when you visit threads on here most are ruined with the same people arguing and the same posts going backwards and forwards, Its becoming so boring and killing all the pleasure.

49 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I would generally agree with you but I did let that side of it, and myself down on politics😀
But you’re right the last week or so hasn’t been abusive, for me it’s been dare I say a little petty a bit of handbags, and that’s what happens in life generally god knows I’ve got myself in that situation a few times in the past, I think and this is my new philosophy, when you feel you’ve said all you can on a subject, and anything else is starting to become a clash of personalities or tit for tat then stop, you probably will have more to lose than gain by carrying on. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I would generally agree with you but I did let that side of it, and myself down on politics😀
But you’re right the last week or so hasn’t been abusive, for me it’s been dare I say a little petty a bit of handbags, and that’s what happens in life generally god knows I’ve got myself in that situation a few times in the past, I think and this is my new philosophy, when you feel you’ve said all you can on a subject, and anything else is starting to become a clash of personalities or tit for tat then stop, you probably will have more to lose than gain by carrying on. 

Ignore button.... it's the future! 

Totally off topic. Just watched "12 years a slave"..... really angry right now.  Harrowing.  I thought there may be a good ending...... nothing good about it. 

21 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Totally off topic. Just watched "12 years a slave"..... really angry right now.  Harrowing.  I thought there may be a good ending...... nothing good about it. 

I do currently have someone on ignore and I must say I have been a lot calmer, although I do occasionally have a look at their posts but don’t respond, it’s a good option to use when things are at a stalemate and becoming more personal, it can only be good for you them and others reading the posts, to put a stop to the bullshit. 

I have seen 12 Years a slave a few years ago now. 

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

If you haven't watched them yet Haf, try Marshall, Just mercy and Detroit, more modern than 12yrs but all based on true events.

6 hours ago, KinL said:

If you haven't watched them yet Haf, try Marshall, Just mercy and Detroit, more modern than 12yrs but all based on true events.

Don't think I could handle it.  Id feel the need to get in a time machine armed with an AK47...... how can people treat others as possessions based on the colour of their skin? Just bloody wrong. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Don't think I could handle it.  Id feel the need to get in a time machine armed with an AK47...... how can people treat others as possessions based on the colour of their skin? Just bloody wrong. 

Sadly it still happens mate, even in this country people are praying on the desperation of others, they have change the boundaries of forcing people into slavery, but it ends up with the same result in the end. 

Just now, StevO said:

What keeper who is currently first choice in the PL would come to Everton as back up though?

Lossl was although in relegated team...

Robles did when he was at Wigan also relegated.

I get relegation hinders my point but if we get Europe who knows. My main point is like us to have a proper good back up - I think Pickford can unlock another couple of levels and if he does that the sky is the limit for him.

For the record - i would much rather see pickford reach his potential than us but another keeper. He’s ours, I do support him, I’ve just highlighted the few areas I feel he needs to improve on...