IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

9 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I would've been confident with either of them on both occasions; it was the Rom ones and the Mirallas debacle that caused distress.

The way Baines runs up to take his make me nervous tbh. 

Never felt confident for a second with Rom though. I hate those slow, stuttering ones. Must be a Belgian thing; did you see Benteke?!

I was against him coming back to be honest it's now looking insipired

His big game mentality (are you watching Rom you cock face) and quality are making a massive difference

How Everton would it have been yesterday to miss that penalty?  That's serious pressure there

Welcome back Wayne. Forgiven 

12 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Play Rooney in the middle of the park for the rest of the season- I have no doubt he will be our signing of the season, You can lose pace with age but a football brain in there until the end!!!

Just wish Barkley had his footballing brain!!!!!

I was hoping when we signed him that he would take Barkley under his wing and turn him into the player we thought he could be.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

When we got that late penalty against Brighton I said there was no one else I’d rather be stepping up to take that. Not even Baines. And the same goes for today. 

Exactly- he’s been getting unfair critisism imo- he’s had games where he has been poor- no doubt about it but he always tries to make something happen.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

It was, it was saved and he headed the rebound in. Stat will show it as open play.

Ah of course! Realistically that' 5 open play goals this season. Given his minutes and the dross we have been serving up, I dont think that's a bad return. I guess the bigger disappointment is the amount of assists he has, although again that is probably down to the finishing of others because, like yesterday, I remember him playing a fair few intricate balls that no-one else in the side seems to be able to do.

He was picking up important goals but now he's playing in midfield - centre midfield, Mr Allardyce, not on the fucking right - he's starting to show his class again. He has wonderful vision and a dream of a right foot, he could play another five years in there if he looks after himself right like Giggs did at the end of his career. 

On 11/12/2017 at 00:32, Bailey said:

I was struggling for one but I could have sworn one of the West Ham goals was a penalty!? Dunno where I got that from!

On 11/12/2017 at 06:50, Shukes said:

It was, it was saved and he headed the rebound in. Stat will show it as open play.

Ah! Good point.

I'd put that down as an acrobatic header.

53 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I thought his goal Wednesday showed the difference between him and Barkley. He played the ball wide, got himself in the box and then anticipated the ball being parried. Barkley would have been stood on the edge of the box when the ball came in. 

Wrong. Barkley would’ve dwelled on the ball, not knowing who the fuck to pass it to, and any opportunity to get it out wide would’ve been gone.