IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

55 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’d rather we just keep him, we don’t have enough winners in the squad. Wayne is the only one who is used to picking up trophies on a regular basis. 

If he is too leggy and too past it to play then he's a very expensive cheerleader.

He's hardly been leading by example.   

15 hours ago, hafnia said:

If he is too leggy and too past it to play then he's a very expensive cheerleader.

He's hardly been leading by example.   

The first bit is the problem. What position can he actually play for 90 minutes if needed?

I agree with StevO's points largely because I imagine he is a big influence in the dressing room and on the training ground and like Yaya Toure at City he can be a mentor for the young lads coming through. We need players who know what Everton is. However if he wants more than that and he will be unhappy here then ill wish him well in the states.

19 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Thanks Wayne and bye, hope it works out in the States for you.

Hopefully this means Allardyce  is on his way soon to. 

With it rumoured that they'd had a falling out it could mean the opposite.

Good luck to him in America though, I think this has been a move that's been decent even though it's come to an end a year early.

Play him up top and put pacey players round him and a proper box to box to support. Rooney's a natural finisher and if he stays in the box he'd still score a hat full at this level. He might be short but he's better in the air than most and his positioning will make up for his lack of pace, should never have been plonked in the middle when he's got that scoring ability (plus he's not got the legs fit it). 

8 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Play him up top and put pacey players round him and a proper box to box to support. Rooney's a natural finisher and if he stays in the box he'd still score a hat full at this level. He might be short but he's better in the air than most and his positioning will make up for his lack of pace, should never have been plonked in the middle when he's got that scoring ability (plus he's not got the legs fit it). 

No.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

It's too late to build a team around Rooney.

One more season with us to help mend the team spirit after Allardyce goes, and on the pitch if he can perform to the level required, commercially he's good for the club, I hear lots more foreign accents around the ground on match days, which can only be good for the clubs profile.

2 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

One more season with us to help mend the team spirit after Allardyce goes, and on the pitch if he can perform to the level required, commercially he's good for the club, I hear lots more foreign accents around the ground on match days, which can only be good for the clubs profile.

Winning would also be commercially good for the club, and he can't help us do that very well anymore.

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

Winning would also be commercially good for the club, and he can't help us do that very well anymore.

I think he can if used selectively, in the right position and against the right team, good manager should be able to do that.

55 minutes ago, seve said:

I have a terrible felling Wayne went because Sam is staying, and his game time would be very limited. 

This. Don't see Rooney wanting to leave us on the shambles that has been this season, he'd be hungry to leave on a high. But if he knows Allardyce is staying he also knows that won't happen. 

I'll just copy/paste what I said in the BBC comments section.

If Allardyce gets binned he'll stay another year, if Allardyce stays he'll be off (along with any Everton player that can get out of the anti-football dished up the manager). I know which of the two I'd want at my club next year; and that man may be a bit porky and past his best but he ain't a fat and embarrassing narcissist.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wayne-rooney-snub-mls-move-12514504

In recent talks with Moshiri, veteran boss Big Sam laid out his plans for next season — and he doesn’t see Rooney figuring in the first team.

Moshiri seems to have accepted the direction of his current manager, which is why he gave the player permission to speak to clubs.

But there are other senior figures within the boardroom who are keen on keeping the player’s vast experience... and his connection with the fans.

Rooney will give DC United his final answer by the end of this month.

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

It’s just a waste. I don’t see the point in any player leaving while we might change manager. Let alone Wayne who has waited and waited before coming back. I personally want one more year of Wayne, even if not starting every week. 

Him going seems to be because we won’t be changing manager, Steve.