IGNORED

Davy Klaassen

KLAASSEN NEARS BREMEN SWITCH

Everton midfielder Davy Klaassen’s move to Bundesliga side Werder Bremen is close to completion, according to Sky sources.

The former Ajax captain failed to nail down a regular starting place at Goodison Park and is on the brink of making the move to Germany.

Klaassen won’t be involved at Blackburn Rovers tonight.

great news, let the exodus begin

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

KLAASSEN NEARS BREMEN SWITCH

Everton midfielder Davy Klaassen’s move to Bundesliga side Werder Bremen is close to completion, according to Sky sources.

The former Ajax captain failed to nail down a regular starting place at Goodison Park and is on the brink of making the move to Germany.

Klaassen won’t be involved at Blackburn Rovers tonight.

great news, let the exodus begin

Cant we offer them a buy one get one free deal so they take Coco as well?

7 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Shame really it didn't worked out for him. He was a stand out midfielder at Eredivisie and can't even break in as a backup for us, that's quite frustrating. 

It's most likely he doesn't want to be a back up. He'll want to play every week and has probably been told that won't happen, his agent will have fished him around and he just has to weigh up his options.

The pace of the Premiership clearly doesn't allow him to be at his best.

45 minutes ago, Haiku said:

What's the case with Turkish sides, I can't follow?

They love to move the goalposts. Take Yobo for example. Went over there on loan, they agreed a fee to make it permanent in that loan deal, the loan was very successful with Yobo performing very well, but when it came to making it permanent they all of a sudden wanted to pay a hell of a lot less. Shit like that is a regular occurrence and they’re often more trouble than they’re worth. 

Even getting Tosun here was a bit of a piss take. 

26 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Think that says more about his teammates not providing him with the ball. Lots of good movement went unnoticed. 

Some players are "too good" in a perverse way to play for us in recent years; I'll likely be shouted down but I'd put Leon Osman in the frame for it. For me he created things and saw opportunities that went over the head of the rest of the team all the time, if he'd have had better players around him he'd have got way more than two England caps.

40 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Some players are "too good" in a perverse way to play for us in recent years; I'll likely be shouted down but I'd put Leon Osman in the frame for it. For me he created things and saw opportunities that went over the head of the rest of the team all the time, if he'd have had better players around him he'd have got way more than two England caps.

I agree with that Mike, not in his decision making but I always thought Bily could have been a very good player under say a Martinez type