IGNORED

Davy Klaassen

4 hours ago, Aidan said:

I was thinking he might even use him as a box to box arriving late in the opposition area

Yeh I think so too but I suspect I think that will also depend on whether he is deemed physical/aggressive enough to play that way.

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yeh I think so too but I suspect I think that will also depend on whether he is deemed physical/aggressive enough to play that way.

My thoughts exsactly. Looks like he could be easily bullied and not up to the pace. I do however think he will fit in with the more attacking mentality which Silva will provide.

46 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Whenever I have watched him for us, he seems no less weaker than anyone in the team. I can actually remember more good touches than bad ones.

He simply needs a chance to prove himself before I could honestly judge him.

I think it's a bit of everything. He isn't very quick, he isn'tt particularly strong and mentally doesn't have that aggression to make up for it. The mentality thing will be linked to confidence too so if he has a manager that believes in him and gives him that confidence we might see a player that's more aggressive, half a yard quicker and that little bit stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

He is clearly a very good player but its just whether he can adapt to the demands of the league. 

It amazes me that he didnt play more games than he did, especially once we were 'safe' because you couldnt look at our midfield and say there was anyone in any form that could have kept him out of the side, even if it was only with next season in mind. 

Everything about the club last season was so short sighted though and hopefully that will change now with Brands and a new manager in place.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

He is clearly a very good player but its just whether he can adapt to the demands of the league. 

It amazes me that he didnt play more games than he did, especially once we were 'safe' because you couldnt look at our midfield and say there was anyone in any form that could have kept him out of the side, even if it was only with next season in mind. 

Everything about the club last season was so short sighted though and hopefully that will change now with Brands and a new manager in place.

Allardyce had made his mind up about him before he even met him, exactly in the same way as Koeman did with Niasse.

Hopefully given a good opportunity under different manager who wants to play football he will prove Allardyce wrong in the same way Niasse proved Koeman was no judge of a player and person.

I don't really know much about Klaassen's character, but if a player is brought in as a first team player, isn'tt played much, then loaned back out again, I can't see them having much desire or loyalty to come back. Shame really. Ajax captain, glowing reports, great stats, I can't help but feel we'd be letting a great player go. 

On the other hand, Turkish media says that Everton, Klaassen and Besiktas have agreed on terms for a 2-year long loan deal with a 20m euros optional buy-out option. Loan deal will be 1,5 million for each year, 3m in total. Klaassen will earn 2m euros for each year, 4m in total during his loan period.

Just now, Sir McGiven said:

On the other hand, Turkish media says that Everton, Klaassen and Besiktas have agreed on terms for a 2-year long loan deal with a 20m euros optional buy-out option. Loan deal will be 1,5 million for each year, 3m in total.

if he doesn't have a future here that sounds like an excellent option and price we'd be getting back.  either way it's a win for me.

Well, I support both Besiktas and Everton, so, it is also a win-win for me :) If he is going to stay at Everton, I am expecting him to shine because of his will to prove himself. If he decides to move to Besiktas, it'll be a good addition to Besiktas' squad for the next year. A huge addition.

4 hours ago, StevO said:

If we loan him out for two years and they don’t take the £20m option, he’ll then be three years into his contract and worth pretty much nothing in the market. 

He’d have 2 years left and with market inflation getting worse by the window, I don’t see us losing money. Plus, there’s always the chance he proves to be a hit and we either recall him or they buy him after the 2nd loan year. 

Still hope he gets a chance here to be honest though, maybe not going to the WC will allow Silva some more time to look at him and work with him

I don't really think Besiktas will use buy-out option after 2 years, nope, but of course, there will be a risk as Klaassen can be a free transfer.  (Yobo to Fenerbahce was something like this, wasn't it?) The most expensive transfer ever in Turkish football was 15m if I am not mistaken. 

3 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

I don't really think Besiktas will use buy-out option after 2 years, nope, but of course, there will be a risk as Klaassen can be a free transfer.  (Yobo to Fenerbahce was something like this, wasn't it?) The most expensive transfer ever in Turkish football was 15m if I am not mistaken. 

He’d have 2 years left on his contract, so he won’t be a free transfer 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’d have 2 years left on his contract, so he won’t be a free transfer 

Ok then, the biggest problem turns out is not actually a problem. :) He deserves a chance, more play time, no matter where he'll get but especially at Everton he needs to prove himself.

On the other hand, I forgot to mention, it can be a good move if he comes to Besiktas for a reason.

Not sure how long he'll be sticking around but our manager is Senol Gunes who is known for his unexpected World Cup success with Turkish National team (3rd Place in 2002) and ability to getting the best from his players which boosts their career. Mario Gomez, Jose Sosa and Vincent Aboubakar are well-known examples. He is not a popular manager in the world though still, he is good at what he does. I think he can help him set-up his mind and gain self-confidence.

Of course, can't say after his loan spell at Besiktas he can worth 50 million pounds but maybe he'll be in better condition than what it is now in the case Silva is not thinking to use him in the squad.

• 1 month later...