IGNORED

Davy Klaassen

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

A skillful player coming from a team that reached the Europa cup final, moves to a new league, new way of playing in a team that cant keep the ball and is playing without confidence or form - what were we expecting?

A return on £25m, because so far even as a new player in a new league his perfomaces have been completely unacceptable. Step up if you're good enough. If not get yourself stuck in a rut at what is potentially your big break in football and move on next summer.

It's do or die he needs to play for himself or find himself a new club next season.

1 minute ago, Aidan Lewis said:

A return on £25m, because so far even as a new player in a new league his perfomaces have been completely unacceptable. Step up if you're good enough. If not get yourself stuck in a rut at what is potentially your big break in football and move on next summer.

It's do or die he needs to play for himself or find himself a new club next season.

Not all investments are instant pay offs, all I am saying is give the man a chance when we something like a football team who can keep the ball for him to play in. Then we will know.

15 minutes ago, nogs said:

I'm not denying that, but there's adapting and then there's simply not being athletic enough to cope. I also don't think he has it mentally, as Finn says it's visible how he goes hiding and either doesn't know how to or doesn't want to show for a pass. I'm not sure they are things you can coach into a 25 year old. 

I respect both your opinions but this guy was captain of Ajax and Holland, I believe he has what it takes, lets just hope we get a chance under fat twat to see us play proper football not hoofball ala Sam.

31 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Not all investments are instant pay offs, all I am saying is give the man a chance when we something like a football team who can keep the ball for him to play in. Then we will know.

I respect both your opinions but this guy was captain of Ajax and Holland, I believe he has what it takes, lets just hope we get a chance under fat twat to see us play proper football not hoofball ala Sam.

Obviously I'd like him to prove me wrong and become a superstar. I won't pin too many hopes on the fact that he's Netherlands captain just at the moment though! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He’s the one I’d be most disappointed about if we gave up on him this transfer window. 

I agree. The Dutch league has nothing on the PL when comparing physicality/pace. You can tell he's a quick-thinker.

Also, it's hard to believe he's the same age as Barkley!

16 hours ago, nogs said:

Don't remember it taking the likes of Van Nistlerooy, Stam, Robben or Kuyt six months plus to adjust from Dutch football to the Premier League. I'd like to be proved wrong but he looks like another Aquilani to me. 

Weren't they all coming into stable teams and starting regularly? Very different scenario

6 minutes ago, nogs said:

Not at all. If you're good enough, you play. You saying those players would have been crap if they'd come into our team last summer?

Maybe not crap, but certainly have struggled like everyone else did (Maybe not Pickford, but he was used to having a shambolic team in front of him so it was business as usual). To be honest, it's been so long since they came to the league, I can't remember how they got on when they first arrived.

He was MOTM in the (first?) Europa game. Made a cracking run for Rooney’s goal first game of the season too. Played in an abysmal team defunct of confidence and not been given a proper chance since. Think with time he could come good. 
I agree. From his short cameos you can tell he's a gifted player. Very disappointed with his lack of time on the pitch and Sam's public comments.

...BUT it's another story if he's not giving his all in training I guess.