IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

True; however, if you purchased a Ferrari and it drove like a Fiat, you might be rather miffed. That may be closer to the mark, in this case.

If you ever expected Everton to have any of the same characteristics as a Ferrari then you haven't been paying attention for a very long time! 😂

Everyone likes to talk about football being big business nowadays, yet it is living in the dark ages when it comes to attitudes to customers/fans. The only comparable industry that takes such a complete disregard for the people it makes money from is financial services. The idea pedalled by the media and managers like Allardyce that it is results that matter is utter bollocks. Look at the Champions League and the number of goals scored in the knock out stages - UEFA rakes it in because it has created an enormous multi billion dollar global brand that first and foremost delivers entertainment. That's also what the PL prides itself on - you'd think the league big wigs would be having a quiet word in Moshiri's ear about dinosaurs like Allardyce ruining their brand image, regardless of what the cretins who get paid to spout rubbish about football say. 

I’ve not read it myself but supposedly Allardyce admitted to winding West Ham fans up in press conferences when he knew he was leaving (before it being officially announced) in his autobiography. The 7th/8th comment can only be history repeating itself - goodbye Sam 👋🏼

2 minutes ago, London Blue said:

It's got to be a wind up by Allardyce, he must know he is going and is getting his own back on his critics.

Fucking Twat.

Part of me thinks that if he was the manager of another club doing this, then I would find it quite amusing and therefore fair play. However it isn't another club, it' ours, so fuck off already!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Part of me thinks that if he was the manager of another club doing this, then I would find it quite amusing and therefore fair play. However it isn'tt another club, it' ours, so fuck off already!

Exactly - Sam will be loving this and, even though it’s Everton and he’s making my blood boil, fair play to him because it’s working. He has no emotional connection to the club - he knows he’s only got 2 more games before a huge payout so is having a bit of fun! He won’t lose sleep over a few fans booing and chanting at him nor will it blight his CV as, on paper, he’s done what he was brought here to do - we will remember the dour displays but others won’t and, if Sam decides he wants another job, he’ll probably have plenty of offers.

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

Exactly - Sam will be loving this and, even though it’s Everton and he’s making my blood boil, fair play to him because it’s working. He has no emotional connection to the club - he knows he’s only got 2 more games before a huge payout so is having a bit of fun! He won’t lose sleep over a few fans booing and chanting at him nor will it blight his CV as, on paper, he’s done what he was brought here to do - we will remember the dour displays but others won’t and, if Sam decides he wants another job, he’ll probably have plenty of offers.

Spot on.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 23:17, Palfy said:

What would you like to discuss Gwlad.

Sorry Palfy, didn't put it very well! As supporters of EFC we have pride and passion and even in previous bad times I don't remember fans feeling as let down as now by owners, manager and some players. Off to put on BT sport.......

56 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Sorry Palfy, didn't put it very well! As supporters of EFC we have pride and passion and even in previous bad times I don't remember fans feeling as let down as now by owners, manager and some players. Off to put on BT sport.......

Don't apologise mate were all hurting I'm watching and we look so lethargic.

Another fine example of how Allardyce plays things in his post match comments...

Everton manager Sam Allardyce: "It was an anguishing performance to stand and watch the players.

"They have worked extremely hard from the day I have walked into the club and to now, But look at the record and the results they have achieved. We have nicked something out of it we didn't really deserve today.

"We didn't have much to play for other than to try to entertain the fans in the final home game and we haven't done that.

"The loss of Wayne Rooney, Theo Walcott, Gilfi Sigurdson and Dominic Calvert-Lewin - that's a lot. But the lads who stepped in, as hard as they tried, didn't match up to the levels of those other guys.

"Southampton will be really disappointed but that's the game. You have to play to the last minute and we did that. Our passes let us down.

"At the end of the day when you play at home you play to win and entertain the crowd. Our passes were going astray but I haven't seen that in a long, long time. The players will have to say to themselves it wasn't their best performance but they kept going.

"We have come a long way, but not with this performance, but with getting results. If we are going to get better, we need change."

Yes Sam...we need change...guess what the first change needs to be?

I keep hearing "he's done the job he's been brought in to do".....  hoddle and benali. 

Fuck off!!!! 

It's not about the style.... route one or whatever.... it's about the intensity.  It' about the fact that he sets us up to contain shite teams.  

If an breakdown vehicle towed your car for you does that mean you need to keep your car attached to the thing once it' taken you home? No... send it on its way thank the man and get a mechanic to look at your car. 

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

Another fine example of how Allardyce plays things in his post match comments...

Everton manager Sam Allardyce: "It was an anguishing performance to stand and watch the players.

"They have worked extremely hard from the day I have walked into the club and to now, But look at the record and the results they have achieved. We have nicked something out of it we didn't really deserve today.

"We didn't have much to play for other than to try to entertain the fans in the final home game and we haven't done that.

"The loss of Wayne Rooney, Theo Walcott, Gilfi Sigurdson and Dominic Calvert-Lewin - that's a lot. But the lads who stepped in, as hard as they tried, didn't match up to the levels of those other guys.

"Southampton will be really disappointed but that's the game. You have to play to the last minute and we did that. Our passes let us down.

"At the end of the day when you play at home you play to win and entertain the crowd. Our passes were going astray but I haven't seen that in a long, long time. The players will have to say to themselves it wasn't their best performance but they kept going.

"We have come a long way, but not with this performance, but with getting results. If we are going to get better, we need change."

We needed change when he walked into the club. He's got us the points we needed not to be dragged into a relegation scrap, but in terms of the quality of football, cutting out individual errors, playing on the front foot, passing, movement, invention - he's improved nothing. There is nothing in the way he sets up the team and approaches games that suggests to me we couldn't go into free fall under him next season, just as we did under Koeman. He has done nothing to improve on what Koeman did, which is why he must go. 

14 hours ago, Newty82 said:

The most worrying thing is that Moshiri is buying into all that shit, because he's showing no signs that he isn'tt, on the contrary after the final whistle yesterday he was stood there with a big smile over his face like he was pleased, and in fairness to Bill he was stood next him as glum as fuck and not happy at all.

We can go about how shit the management has been all day long, but our biggest problem is Moshiri the little man with a bit of money and no fucking idea, I'm likening him the Americans in Iraq war they had all the best toys at there disposal but didn't have the intelligence to use them they were responsible for more friendly fire deaths than anyone, Moshiri is our version of that killing us through friendly fire all the money no idea.

And that was in no way a dig at our American comrades it just seemed a good analogy to use to get my point across, that you can have all the tools but if you don't no how to use them then it can have a negative impact which is happening to us I believe.

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

The most worrying thing is that Moshiri is buying into all that shit, because he's showing no signs that he isn'tttt, on the contrary after the final whistle yesterday he was stood there with a big smile over his face like he was pleased, and in fairness to Bill he was stood next him as glum as fuck and not happy at all.

We can go about how shit the management has been all day long, but our biggest problem is Moshiri the little man with a bit of money and no fucking idea, I'm likening him the Americans in Iraq war they had all the best toys at there disposal but didn't have the intelligence to use them they were responsible for more friendly fire deaths than anyone, Moshiri is our version of that killing us through friendly fire all the money no idea.

And that was in no way a dig at our American comrades it just seemed a good analogy to use to get my point across, that you can have all the tools but if you don't no how to use them then it can have a negative impact which is happening to us I believe.

Kenwright is hardly the beacon of "quality".... if he had his way we would now be playing in Kirbys version of the reebok stadium. 

We had 11 years of higher level mediocrity under him and moyes where our financials were very suspect under his involvement of Philip the thief Green.  We operated like a higher level Charlton Athletic under Curbishley ...

If moshiri gets the right DOF in then all your fears should go.  The fans have seen to it that allardyce will not be here.  The fact he never did the lap of honour says it all. He's gone. 

The only reason allardyce looked delighted at a draw was that he knew s home loss was pure egg on face and the fans would have eaten him up worse. 

10 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Kenwright is hardly the beacon of "quality".... if he had his way we would now be playing in Kirbys version of the reebok stadium. 

We had 11 years of higher level mediocrity under him and moyes where our financials were very suspect under his involvement of Philip the thief Green.  We operated like a higher level Charlton Athletic under Curbishley ...

If moshiri gets the right DOF in then all your fears should go.  The fans have seen to it that allardyce will not be here.  The fact he never did the lap of honour says it all. He's gone. 

The only reason allardyce looked delighted at a draw was that he knew s home loss was pure egg on face and the fans would have eaten him up worse. 

Pray your right that Allardyce is gone and Moshiri needs to be more vocal when it comes to matters of football, the silence on Allardyce is a joke he needed to grow some weeks ago.

I can honestly say I struggle to recall a more depressing time as an Evertonian....

At least when we were shit under walker and Smith there seemed to be a real togetherness in not accepting substandard shite.

Somehow looking at Twitter and other sites people seem to think allardyce has been hard done to.  

I want our employment process to make manaherial applicants/potential players think "am I good enough? Can I tolerate the high standards they expect and be the best I can be all the time?"

Sadly we seem to be a nice payday and an easy option. 

27 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I can honestly say I struggle to recall a more depressing time as an Evertonian....

At least when we were shit under walker and Smith there seemed to be a real togetherness in not accepting substandard shite.

Somehow looking at Twitter and other sites people seem to think allardyce has been hard done to.  

I want our employment process to make manaherial applicants/potential players think "am I good enough? Can I tolerate the high standards they expect and be the best I can be all the time?"

Sadly we seem to be a nice payday and an easy option. 

Also what's happening on the other side of the park isn'tt helping us feel any better it's like the salt in the open wound, I've always never given them a thought they aren't usually on my radar I've normally got a who are they attitude towards them, our owners management and players should be fighting for us we shouldn't have to be facing the embarrassment of what's happening the supporters are doing their bit, they need to step up to the mark or fuck off.