IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

55 minutes ago, pete0 said:

This just shows how much the media influenced reputation has an affect on people's opinions. 

Xhaka is one of the best in the prem. Think he's the only player for them who starts every game. If you put Gana in a top 6 team, they'd finish lower. 

have you ever watched him?  his positioning is awful, just awful hence the red cards every other match.  

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Most Arsenal fans don't rate Xhaka at all, they think he is a liability and don't understand why Wenger keeps selecting him. 

My friend's who are Arsenal fans do not rate him either.  Always on about how they want a Kante type player and how they miss Santi.

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

You think someone costing over £20m means that they have proven they can play? No.... Keane was part of a team and set up that suited him.   

You only need to look at Alexis Sanchez to understand that. 

If you pay 20+M for a player then somewhere along the way you must have witnessed a good player at some stage in there career or it would be foolish to pay that sort off money, but I do agree it’s no guarantee that there replicate their form playing for another team or a different system.

And there have been a lot of Sanchez’s over the years, I think Schniederlin has the ability to get back to level that took him from Southampton to Utd, that’s why I think he’s still a top six player. 

16 hours ago, Palfy said:

I do and with a decent manager and some better players in front of them they will show again there quality which they undoubtedly have.

I think any 'better players' we sign deserve better than having to play with those two. How you can constantly snipe about Gana but then claim Schneiderlin is a top 6 player is absolutely beyond me. I wouldn't pick Schneiderlin for my 7 aside midweek team because he has proven this season his attitude stinks, for that alone he should be first out the door this summer. 

5 minutes ago, nogs said:

I think any 'better players' we sign deserve better than having to play with those two. How you can constantly snipe about Gana but then claim Schneiderlin is a top 6 player is absolutely beyond me. I wouldn't pick Schneiderlin for my 7 aside midweek team because he has proven this season his attitude stinks, for that alone he should be first out the door this summer. 

Alright Nogs I saw it the first time mate😂

He did let himself down and us, for what reason I don’t know but he has come back from that and has been applauded for his efforts by the Everton faithful, he was given a second chance and he’s taken it everyone deserves a second chance. 

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Phwoar.

Be honest here lads, and put your own thoughts on Sam to one side, those who live in the Merseyside area and go plenty of games...what would you say the feeling amongst fans would be if he got an extra year?

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Phwoar.

Be honest here lads, and put your own thoughts on Sam to one side, those who live in the Merseyside area and go plenty of games...what would you say the feeling amongst fans would be if he got an extra year?

I think it’d be the push needed for mutiny. 

It’d show just how out of touch the owners are if this is true. I already thought Moshiri was a moron and this would just further hit that home for me. 

OK so forget for a moment (if you can) who the manager is.

If we're employing someone who is running down the last year of their contract and has no interest beyond that it's crazy. I said it before but he's either got rid of or he gets a longer contract (talking managerial posts in general rather than Allardyce); there is no point whatsoever in any club under any circumstance allowing a coach, or player come to that, wind down their deal. If they're doing a great job then reward them, if they're a complete embarrassment bin them.

Back on the fat twat (apologies to the dietary challenged) the board/Moshiri are surely not that stupid? 

Can you imagine? It’s like sam just keep us up till the new stadium is ready? Jesus. I don’t want him here but I don’t like the way our club is being portrayed in the press. At a squeeze I’ll give the summer window and ten games after that. If it goes tits up it’s on morishi 

Maybe just maybe no one is interested in taking over reins at blues. We are playin that bollockers footy at mo that no one fancies the big task ? So wat about seeing what belgium do at world cup. If they do well , get martinez back & he mite bring half the national team with him? Ha ha. Sorry the situation is now comical

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

If we're employing someone who is running down the last year of their contract and has no interest beyond that it's crazy. I said it before but he's either got rid of or he gets a longer contract (talking managerial posts in general rather than Allardyce); there is no point whatsoever in any club under any circumstance allowing a coach, or player come to that, wind down their deal. If they're doing a great job then reward them, if they're a complete embarrassment bin them.

Back on the fat twat (apologies to the dietary challenged) the board/Moshiri are surely not that stupid? 

That's a very valid point Mike the proof is Arsenals worse season for years, with Wenger just seeing out his contract and knowing it wouldn't be extended.

There's no gain in just killing time.

13 hours ago, MikeO said:

Boards are like that Mike.  Idiocy as we know can be explosive in groups.

Does anyone think that the online questionnaire sent out by the club and maybe instigated by Moshiri, would put some managers off considering us as a club to come to, because the coaching staff were open to criticism that was endorsed by the club.

I personally think it was a bit of an own goal on Moshiri's part, when you are trying to find a top class manager there going to be very weary of joining a club that hung the last manager out to dry in such a bizarre fashion.

Just now, Palfy said:

Does anyone think that the online questionnaire sent out by the club and maybe instigated by Moshiri, would put some managers off considering us as a club to come to, because the coaching staff were open to criticism that was endorsed by the club.

I personally think it was a bit of an own goal on Moshiri's part, when you are trying to find a top class manager there going to be very weary of joining a club that hung the last manager out to dry in such a bizarre fashion.

if a manager has that thin of skin they don't deserve to be in the game.  my last job we gave our managers an evaluation (was anonymous) and they were given real points to work on and shown things they do well.  complete non story and non issue, sam knows everyone wants him out, he's having a bitch and moan and trying to get everyone on his side so when he is pushed out he looks like the good guy and everton the bad guy.

24 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Exactly that, plus if a manager was doing a good job why would he be worried about it? He'd get a positive response and (in Allardyce's case) be crowing about it.

Said it before but we should be proud we're consulting the fans. Whenever I buy anything online or sign a contract I get a follow-up email asking me for feedback on how the company did nowadays, companies want to know how their staff are perceived by customers; why should a football club not tap into that?

Also if you buy something and your not happy with it you have a right to ask for your money back it forms part of the consumers rights act, can you ever see a time when a supporter asks for a full refund because they feel they've been miss sold a dream, if clubs start going down the route you described.

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Also if you buy something and your not happy with it you have a right to ask for your money back it forms part of the consumers rights act, can you ever see a time when a supporter asks for a full refund because they feel they've been miss sold a dream, if clubs start going down the route you described.

there will be disclaimers on the tickets "results and style of football do not constitue a reasonable refund" or something like that.  

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

there will be disclaimers on the tickets "results and style of football do not constitue a reasonable refund" or something like that.  

Interesting thought thou I'm sure someone somewhere has or will try it, but your right the clubs would legislate for that and not leave themselves open, but doesn't mean they won't be challenged for giving a poor service.

48 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Not quite. You buy a ticket to watch a game of football. Unless that game of football doesn' happen, you won' get a refund. 

Unless they unreasonably misled you into believing you were going to watch something else, you would never get a refund. 

I might expect a Fiat to drive like a Ferrari and just because it doesn',  I am not entitled to my money back!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Not quite. You buy a ticket to watch a game of football. Unless that game of football doesn' happen, you won' get a refund. 

Unless they unreasonably misled you into believing you were going to watch something else, you would never get a refund. 

I might expect a Fiat to drive like a Ferrari and just because it doesn',  I am not entitled to my money back!

True; however, if you purchased a Ferrari and it drove like a Fiat, you might be rather miffed. That may be closer to the mark, in this case.