IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

Not at all convinced by Silva, don't like the fact he hasn't lasted beyond 12 months in any of his last 4 jobs. Would much prefer Foncesca. Part of me thinks 'anyone but Allardyce' but I don't want us to cock up yet another managerial appointment. At least if Silva did come in I could look forward with a modicum of optimism that he could prove himself with us, rather than the bleak emptiness I currently feel about our future prospects. 

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

What about announcing it over the speakers at half-time? That should get both sets of fans going!

Hanging him by his testicles from one of the crossbars would be my preference, not that I'd take the task on personally:unsure:.

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It would make a lot of sense. With a lot of guesswork you'd think that as part of his dismissal he wasn't allowed to take another job (or specifically the Everton job) before the end of the season.

That’s far too logical and simple... this is Everton!!!

Thanks @c1982 .  I’ve read a good few articles on his tactics and general analysis and he seems to be well regarded.  He does well when given time.  Sadly he’s taken a lot of shit jobs and that’s why he’s had such a short tenure and gets a bad rap.  The hull appointment everyone knew was a relegation save job.  Yet it’s held against him.  Watford gets a new manager every year, not sure why people were surprised he wasn’t there that long.

given backing in the transfer market and a stable board room who backs him I really do think he could do well.  Tactically he focuses on attack but also resolute defending and being able to counter.  This isn’t Klopp or Martinez forgetting what defense is, he attacks but can sit back and counter as well.  

I really hope we get him, Silva and favre would be my 2 realistic choices.  I’m not sold on fonseca.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

I want silva in.   Rumour has it that his garden leave ends next week which is Why we couldn't get him in any earlier. 

It would make sense to get him in considering we were so keen on him originally.

It's a funny one for Moshiri and Co because if they don't go for him now that he is available, after chasing him so hard not long ago, it makes him/them look pretty bad. And they don't need more of that just now!

We can throw 'flavour of the month' names around like Fonseca, Flavre, Emery etc because these guys may be available, but we also know that they are now considered top line managers who will go to Champions League clubs. Just the last 2 or 3 years tell us they ain't coming here!!!

I would welcome Silva or almost anyone if it meant Allardyce going the end of the season, but my number one choice would be Rafa he has a proven track record he has achieved at the highest level players like and trust him, he could attract some of the best to the club, and he is loyal to the clubs he works for and everywhere he goes the fans love him. 

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I would welcome Silva or almost anyone if it meant Allardyce going the end of the season, but my number one choice would be Rafa he has a proven track record he has achieved at the highest level players like and trust him, he could attract some of the best to the club, and he is loyal to the clubs he works for and everywhere he goes the fans love him.

Which is exactly why he wouldn't cone here or be a choice.

Liverpool.

14 hours ago, c1982 said:

Decent bit of insight on Silva and his ways...

Just hearing that makes me want silva in. I want a manager that doesn’t give a fuck who we are playing, I want someone who wasnts the opposition to worry about us. He sounds like a thorough coach that the players believe in 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

I want silva in.   Rumour has it that his garden leave ends next week which is Why we couldn't get him in any earlier. 

That makes sense, even with Watford changing manager every season, they probably wanted to stop him going anywhere else during the season. Would be very happy to hear an announcement at the end of the game this afternoon.

16 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Just hearing that makes me want silva in. I want a manager that doesn’t give a fuck who we are playing, I want someone who wasnts the opposition to worry about us. He sounds like a thorough coach that the players believe in 

My old boss brought us together is trios, but made us want to win our individual battles. It made us ultra competitive while we also had an amazing camaraderie. 

He used to tease me before a match by telling me he had heard that their left midfielder was known as he fastest in the league, he would then tell me that they must not have saw me yet. I felt invincible on the pitch.