IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Yes we have had 3 managers, but under Allardyce we have played the worst football, and shown the least ambition. 

Koeman was much harder, the players didn't even look like they knew each other. 

1 hour ago, tonkaroost said:

But you do see Sam's tactics right?

I'm saying they are what they are because of the squad he inherited. You can't make the likes of Keane faster or Gana more aware just by changing manager. You need to change the players before judging the manager fully. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

One constant?  that was pickford. Played every premier league game..... so I'm not sure what you are on about there. 

Yep great example, if you want a pull a few more oinions we've still got big dunc and the same tea lady but none of them dictate what we do on the ball or off it when the balls in play. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

You cant seriously tell me that there are 19 teams in the league with more creative players than us.

There's 19 teams that all have better foundations CB/CB/CM to allow there attackers to express themselves more. In football if you keep a cleansheet you have a chance. The way we were leaking was a disgrace. Alladyce come in and worked on that and that's why we're so boring. If we had a solid defensive unit I'd imagine we'd have been more adventurous. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

There's 19 teams that all have better foundations CB/CB/CM to allow there attackers to express themselves more. In football if you keep a cleansheet you have a chance. The way we were leaking was a disgrace. Alladyce come in and worked on that and that's why we're so boring. If we had a solid defensive unit I'd imagine we'd have been more adventurous. 

SInce Sam took over and in recent weeks we have had Pickford, Coleman, Jags, Keane and Baines as the foundation!! One is player of the year and likely England No.1 and 3 out of the other 4 have been a solid foundation for Everton for years. How did they manage to be a great foundation in years gone by and still allow an attacking threat?? Allardyce didn’t work on keeping a clean sheet he just got lucky with the above players coming back from injury and ensuring we offering nothing going forward, defend at all costs.  He’s a disgrace. 

38 minutes ago, MikeO said:

So it's OK for you to quote the "one constant" as Gana but if someone uses someone else as an example you deride it? You instigated the phrase Pete, you can't call foul when someone does the same because it doesn't fit your agenda.

We're not in court here, it's a football forum, picking out the English doesn't take away from what I'm on about. He genuinely believes that pointing that out is comparable. A goal keeper ffs. 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

We're not in court here, it's a football forum, picking out the English doesn't take away from what I'm on about. He genuinely believes that pointing that out is comparable. A goal keeper ffs. 

Of course not, he's just pointing out how absurd your argument is when calling Gana the one constant. Like I said Pete, you started it.

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Yep great example, if you want a pull a few more oinions we've still got big dunc and the same tea lady but none of them dictate what we do on the ball or off it when the balls in play. 

Unfortunately for you - you set yourself up for the uppercut.  You said we had a shite season and gana was the constant so go figure... sadly you forgot that no one played more games than pickford.... the player of the year.

Your need to slag gana in particular means that you will happily give allardyce excuses.... it's beyond comical.  Noone here is saying that the team was good enough to challenge top 4.  What we are saying is they are far better than they were managed. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Well you must be over the moon can't believe we are so shite with such a super star in our ranks, if he sets the height of the bar for you then we have no fucking hope.

???????????

???????????

?

If he's not gone by the end of today I'll start to be a little worried. If they're going to fire him I think they'd do it immediately after the season's ended (surprised they didn't announce a "mutual agreement to part ways" last night to be honest), rather than let him fuck off to the Costa Del Sol on holiday thinking he's coming back to the job. They will have made the decision to keep or get rid already, so why delay it? Get a new guy in by June 1st, ready to do some World Cup scouting. 

I'll give it to the end of the week. If he still hasn't been fired by the time the players and staff have all officially gone on holiday then I'll have to entertain the idea he's going to be in charge come August. 

4 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Be interesting to watch him tonight

Had to turn it off before my tv got smashed... it was set up for him to play the ‘poor old Sam’ card after doing an amazing job to get Everton to 8th - it was cringe worthy. He did say there is a meeting this week then he’s off on holiday but he didn’t say when exactly. Seen a couple of tweets suggesting the meetings would take place down in London where SSN studio is.

I taped it but I saw a few minutes of it and was just squirming. He looked like baron Von greenback sitting there. Jim white has been championing him on radio and again tonight. He must be sitting there thinking I’m going on holiday with another £6 mill in my pocket. Jesus 😂

Couldn’t bring myself to watch it in case it looked like he might get the opportunity to stay, then I wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight and I’ve got pre-site start meeting tomorrow so need my wits about me, but I’m hopeful it didn’t go well for him and he sounded a right prick. 

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

57 minutes ago, Louis said:

It feels like Christmas