IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

1 hour ago, mcirony said:

Commentator just said that Allardyce says everton need a 15-goal-a-season striker. 

15 goals?

How depressing is that?!

15 goals? We need a manager who sets us up to have at least 5 shots on target per game then.

What a bullshitting fraud of a bloke. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Not a chance.  Silva has the hands on style and seems to be heavily invested in the players.... koeman barely spoke to them. 

Koeman wasn't arsed mate. 

Heavily invested in the players until he got his head turned and their results collapsed? Doesn’t sit well with me, but we’ll see what happens I guess

13 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Doesn't matter who the manager is if they're stuck with Keane and Gana. Poison chalice the Everton job at the minute. Need Walsh out before Allardyce, both Tosun and Walcott added a lot more than his signings. Need a proper midfield to get the best out of them though. 

On Friday Allardyce said that he didn' get involved with anything to do with transfers. See MikeO's post on Friday with the BBC article. 

One again all evidence available confirmed Walsh scouted and signed Tosun. 

I have no problem with Walsh being a head scout, but we either need a new manager with overall control or a DoF to oversee the scouting dept and new manager.

Who ever comes in needs plenty of time to turn this round he will be inheriting one big expensive mess, what concerns me is that Moshiri could be looking for a quick fix by throwing money at it again, the one thing we need from the next manager in charge is someone who is capable of taking complete control of everything to do with the team, that means no DoF and no interference from the board on team matters.

23 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Gana is a quality player so fuck off on that one.

Based on what evidence? We've just persevered through the worst season of football in my lifetime and there's one constant. He's detrimental to the forward play, and all over the shop defending leaving gaps every where. 

37 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Doesn't matter who the manager is if they're stuck with Keane and Gana. Poison chalice the Everton job at the minute. Need Walsh out before Allardyce, both Tosun and Walcott added a lot more than his signings. Need a proper midfield to get the best out of them though. 

I honestly don't understand your veiled defense of Sam. He's a terrible manager. A good manager gets the best of the players at his disposal; Sam has obviously proven he can't do that... but sure, blame everyone BUT Sam. 

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

On Friday Allardyce said that he didn' get involved with anything to do with transfers. Se

“The club has won trophies but I want them to win trophies now. The manager is very hungry and it's just what I need. I've had a couple of chats with him and straightaway I felt that hunger and that desire that he wanted from me. I need that and I wanted that."

Walcott interview when he signed. 

3 minutes ago, pete0 said:

“The club has won trophies but I want them to win trophies now. The manager is very hungry and it's just what I need. I've had a couple of chats with him and straightaway I felt that hunger and that desire that he wanted from me. I need that and I wanted that."

Which is pretty much what every player says when they sign for a club.

6 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

I honestly don't understand your veiled defense of Sam. He's a terrible manager. A good manager gets the best of the players at his disposal; Sam has obviously proven he can't do that... but sure, blame everyone BUT Sam. 

We've had 3 managers this season. I'd blame the players more than the manager. Harsh to blame Alladyce when it's not his team. Yes some has been gash, mostly because the foundations here that he inherited are so limited. How many managers would get a clean sheet out of a team with Gana, Keane and Jags without sacrificing the attack? 

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

We've had 3 managers this season. I'd blame the players more than the manager. Harsh to blame Alladyce when it's not his team. Yes some has been gash, mostly because the foundations here that he inherited are so limited. How many managers would get a clean sheet out of a team with Gana, Keane and Jags without sacrificing the attack? 

But you do see Sam's tactics right?

21 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Based on what evidence? We've just persevered through the worst season of football in my lifetime and there's one constant. He's detrimental to the forward play, and all over the shop defending leaving gaps every where. 

We are talking about Sam, right?

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

27 minutes ago, pete0 said:

One constant?  that was pickford. Played every premier league game..... so I'm not sure what you are on about there. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

One constant?  that was pickford. Played every premier league game..... so I'm not sure what you are on about there. 

Easy. The player who won player of the year, young player of the year and players player of the year is....shite!

24 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Hard to blame allardyce?  Just imagine his name is idrissa allardyce from gana-drink-gravy......

I'm sure you will have no problem at all in highlighting how he positions the players leaving them exposed, how he offers us absolutely nothing from an attacking perspective and that he is someone who we will not win anything with. 

16 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Problem is owners, directors, management, coaching, players. Total mishmash not singing from anything like the same hymn sheet. We are a shambles.

That's why we need a manager that is in control of everything football, no passing the buck that's why we need Rafa he takes control and doesn't rely on a DoF to source the players and doesn't allow the owners to tell him what to do, ask the Geordie's they fucking love him for those reasons and believe me they know there stuff.

7 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Easy. The player who won player of the year, young player of the year and players player of the year is....shite!

Well you must be over the moon can't believe we are so shite with such a super star in our ranks, if he sets the height of the bar for you then we have no fucking hope.

57 minutes ago, pete0 said:

That doesn't prove anything other than that he spoke to Allardyce. It doesn't even suggest that Allardyce identified and went out to sign him. Allardyce himself said he doesn't get involved in transfers.

If anything, whilst I am not necessarily a fan of it, I think both transfers this winter show a DoF and manager on the same wave length.