IGNORED

Richarlison

On 17/08/2021 at 09:44, c1982 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I still love a glass of room temp red - the correct way - but a chilled glass on a sunny day is spot on 👌🏼

I brought some red wine home for my daughter, suggesting she might want to chill in the fridge for an hour. Next thing I notice...

JcYlY0n.png

11 hours ago, c1982 said:

Lots of talk that PSG will target Richarlison if they sell Mbappe to Real this window.

I’d be gutted to lose him but if there was ever a chance to maximise the fee we receive - this is it.

Seems like they’ve definitely lost interest Kean which is a shame. 

44 minutes ago, StevO said:

You must have been miserable during the Moyes era. Seeing us buying those cheap no marks like Tim Cahill, Steven Pienaar and Mikel Arteta. 

That was 20 years ago Steve,  £5m in those days wasn't a massive price but it was a decent price, today its just pocket money.  I don't want us buying players who may or may not improve us in five years time, I want to improve us today and we won't do that by offering pennies for no mark players.

1 hour ago, patto said:

It seems our transfer strategy is flawed we seem to be going from player to player it seems Rafa has threw a spanner in the works our  list of players is changing by the day. 

The spanner was thrown in the works 5 years ago with all the other tools at hand, nothing to do with Rafa he’s just got here and has no money unless we can sell. 

3 hours ago, Bill said:

That was 20 years ago Steve,  £5m in those days wasn't a massive price but it was a decent price, today its just pocket money.  I don't want us buying players who may or may not improve us in five years time, I want to improve us today and we won't do that by offering pennies for no mark players.

First off, this is the Richarlison thread so it's about time we put an end to all this transfer window talk.

Secondly, you don't think that maybe this window is penance for all of our overspending and terrible buys from the last 5 years or so? Coupled with the covid-factor of losing a ton of money last year?

We can't spend money that's not there, Billiam.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

The players mentioned didn't cost us £5m each though Bill, they were £5.5 combined.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

The point wasn’t about the money, it’s about the no marks. Who knew about Cahill, Pienaar and Arteta before we went for them? They were cheap and unknown and would walk into this current team. Just because a player is cheap doesn’t make them no good. 
We spent lots of money on the likes of Gylfi and Iwobi, and currently Grey looks better than both of them at a fraction of the price. 
The money we spend is irrelevant.

12 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

First off, this is the Richarlison thread so it's about time we put an end to all this transfer window talk.

Secondly, you don't think that maybe this window is penance for all of our overspending and terrible buys from the last 5 years or so? Coupled with the covid-factor of losing a ton of money last year?

We can't spend money that's not there, Billiam.

I agreed with all of that. 
Apart from staying on topic. Never going to happen!! 😂

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Mike, its not the players we already bought, its the two (Patterson and Jebbison) we just offered a measly £5m for. Who the fuck are they and how are they going to improve us. ?

I will stop now so this thread can get back on topic.

You'd need to ask our scouting team that.

I can’t for the life of me seeing it happen this season but next season I would like to think we have scouted  correctly this time and we will have everything in place before he goes. Hopefully Benitez will have a good season and he know he will have 3 or 4 players coming to boost the squad when the inevitable happens 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Mike, its not the players we already bought, its the two (Patterson and Jebbison) we just offered a measly £5m for. Who the fuck are they and how are they going to improve us. ?

I will stop now so this thread can get back on topic.

That’s the point Bill. Did you know who Tim Cahill or Steven Pienaar were before we signed them? Did anyone at Leicester know who N’golo Kante or Jamie Vardy were before they signed them? How about when Hull signed Harry Maguire and Andy Robertson? 
Why do we only have to sign big names for big money? Good players can be cheap.